Performing a Full Reset of Cable Modem with Battery Backup
Edited by Batkingnz, Lynn, Eng, VisiHow
It's always an inconvenience when you lose your connection to the internet. If you're lucky enough to have a cable connection you can enjoy speeds above that of regular ADSL2+, but if your modem has a backup battery built in, it also means an extra step for you when you need to reset your connection. Below we will instruct you how to perform a full reset on your cable modem, one of the first steps to troubleshoot a dropped connection and usually the only one necessary to get back online.
Resetting An Arris TM702G On Time Warner Cable
- 1An easy way to check if you have the Arris modem with backup battery is to look at the lights on the front of the modem.If you have TEL1 and TEL2 lights then this means that your modem has an internal backup battery.Advertisement
- 2Begin by turning off your modem and your router and removing and power adapters.Advertisement
- 3Because the modem has backup power, you will notice that the TEL1&2 lights are still on.
- 4To fully reset the modem you will need to remove the battery.On the bottom of the modem you will see a latch opening. Use your finger to unlock the latch.
- 5You will now see the battery door.You can pull the door toward you and remove the battery.
- 6Once the battery is removed, wait for 30 seconds before putting it back and reattaching the latch.You can now power up your equipment again and test your connection.
Resetting A Webstar DPX2203 On Optimum Online
- 1Begin by turning off your modem and router and removing any power adapters.Advertisement
- 2Look at the bottom of your Webstar modem.You will notice a rotating foot. Turn this counter clockwise and you can then remove the foot.
- 3Now look at your battery back.On the side of this is a sliding lock. Push this in to the unlock position.
- 4You can now slide the battery pack off from the modem.Leave this disconnected for 30 seconds before sliding it back in to place, locking the modem and reattaching the removable foot.
- 5You can now power on your equipment and test your connection.
Resetting A Motorola Surfboard SBV5220 On Comcast
- 1The Surfboard modem is one of the most user friendly when it comes to removing the battery pack.Begin by turning off you modem and router and removing any power adapters.Advertisement
- 2On the bottom of the modem you will see the plastic door with arrow markings for opening.Remove this door and you will see the battery pack inside.
- 3Remove the battery pack by using the pull tab that is connected to it.Once removed, you will notice that the lights on the modem have gone off.
- 4Wait for 30 seconds before reconnecting the battery, making sure that the pull tab is exposed so that it can be easily removed again if necessary.
- 5Power up your devices and test your connection.Advertisement
Tips, Tricks And Warnings
- When reconnecting your equipment, you should always do this in sequence. So power up your cable modem first and wait for the lights to come on before powering up your router.
- It can take a couple of minutes for your modem to sync to the network. The same goes for your router so be sure to give them some time when you're waiting to test your connection.
Questions and Answers
How to hard reset DPX2203 modem?
How to hard reset DPX2203 modem. Having issue, unable to connect to internet
To reset DPX2203, look at the back side of the modem. There is a power cable running into it at the left side if you look at the back panel. Between this cable and telephone ports, there is a reset button labelled "RESET". You may need to use a pin to push the button. Unplug your modem. Push and hold the reset button. Keep holding it while reconnecting the power cord. Hold the button for 30 seconds. Release it and boot up the modem.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Hardware
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Batkingnz