Perform the Standing Cobra Thai Massage Technique
Edited by VisiHow, Dougie-1
The Thai massage reflexology used in the Standing Cobra Thai Technique is designed to stretch and elongate the spine while helping to improve flexibility and release upper body tension. Cobras can be difficult to perform as a high level of balance and dexterity is needed from the masseuse. The massage is performed with no lotions or oils and both individuals are fully clothed.
Read on for detailed steps, our instructional video, additional information, and safety tips on performing the Standing Cobra Thai Massage Technique.
- 1 Benefits of Cobra Thai Reflexology Techniques
- 2 Video for Standing Cobra Thai Massage
- 3 Additional Tips and Suggestions
- 4 Warnings with the Cobra Thai Massage Technique
- 5 Referencing this Article
- 6 Comments
Benefits of Cobra Thai Reflexology Techniques
There are many possible improvements to health and circulation from Thai massage, and the Standing Cobra technique offers its own unique set of benefits.
Provide maintenance and enhanced flexibility for:
- The Upper Back
- The Lower Back
- The Shoulders
- The Hips
- Blood Circulation
Things You'll Need:
- A mattress or mat
- A pillow
Standing Cobra Thai Massage Procedure:
- 1The arms should be palm up on each side of the body. Head should be turned to one side, resting comfortably on the pillow.Have the recipient of the massage lay on his or her stomach.Advertisement
- 2Your feet should be positioned along the panty line or at the fold created where the derriere meets the back of the thigh. Make sure to maintain your balance during this process.Carefully, climb onto the individual's legs.Advertisement
- 3Bend down slowly and carefully, and take the recipient's wrists in your hands so that they are able to hold onto your wrists as well.
- 4Standing up slowly will cause the individual to arch their back and raise their chest off the mattress. This will help to loosen and slowly stretch their back. It's important to do this slowly to avoid injury or pain for the recipient.Slowly stand up.
- 5It may help to ask the individual to give you feedback during the massage so that you will better know when they are approaching their limit. Thai Cobra massages should not be painful for the individual, or overstretch them.Lower them back down as they reach their flexibility limit.
- 6Each time you repeat the sequence of movements, try to go a little bit farther than the previous times. This will help increase the flexibility of the recipient over time, while also benefiting their circulation.Repeat as many times as necessary.
- 7Their palms should again be facing upwards, and they should be completely relaxed.When you are finished, lay the person's hands back down beside them.
- 8As you step back, move your feet back onto the solid floor carefully so as to no fall over or lose your balance. Remember that massage can sometimes cause the masseuse to become light headed when standing up or dismounting from the recipient.Slowly and carefully dismount.Advertisement
Video for Standing Cobra Thai Massage
Additional Tips and Suggestions
- Have the massage recipient wear a fabric, like cotton, that may help prevent slipping.
- Warming up the body before moving into the cobra technique can also help to increase flexibility.
Warnings with the Cobra Thai Massage Technique
- Over stretching may lead to injury. Be careful not to stretch more than the recipient can comfortably handle.
- Ideally, make sure the masseuse is around the same size as the recipient. This way the weight of the masseuse can be comfortably tolerated without causing injury.
- Remember that the masseuse should also focus on his or her balance, making sure to maintain a comfortable position and not overextend his or her reach.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Perform the Standing Cobra Thai Massage Technique. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 22, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Perform_the_Standing_Cobra_Thai_Massage_Technique
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Perform the Standing Cobra Thai Massage Technique." VisiHow, visihow.com/Perform_the_Standing_Cobra_Thai_Massage_Technique Accessed 22 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Perform the Standing Cobra Thai Massage Technique." Accessed May 22, 2017. http://visihow.com/Perform_the_Standing_Cobra_Thai_Massage_Technique.
Categories : Physical Health
Recent edits by: VisiHow