Perform the Standing Cobra Thai Massage Technique
Edited by VisiHow, Dougie-1, Eng
The Thai massage reflexology used in the Standing Cobra Thai Technique is designed to stretch and elongate the spine while helping to improve flexibility and release upper body tension. Cobras can be difficult to perform as a high level of balance and dexterity is needed from the masseuse. The massage is performed with no lotions or oils and both individuals are fully clothed.
Read on for detailed steps, our instructional video, additional information, and safety tips on performing the Standing Cobra Thai Massage Technique.
Benefits of Cobra Thai Reflexology Techniques
There are many possible improvements to health and circulation from Thai massage, and the Standing Cobra technique offers its own unique set of benefits.
Provide maintenance and enhanced flexibility for:
- The Upper Back
- The Lower Back
- The Shoulders
- The Hips
- Blood Circulation
Things You'll Need:
- A mattress or mat
- A pillow
Standing Cobra Thai Massage Procedure:
- 1The arms should be palm up on each side of the body. Head should be turned to one side, resting comfortably on the pillow.Have the recipient of the massage lay on his or her stomach.Advertisement
- 2Your feet should be positioned along the panty line or at the fold created where the derriere meets the back of the thigh. Make sure to maintain your balance during this process.Carefully, climb onto the individual's legs.Advertisement
- 3Bend down slowly and carefully, and take the recipient's wrists in your hands so that they are able to hold onto your wrists as well.
- 4Standing up slowly will cause the individual to arch their back and raise their chest off the mattress. This will help to loosen and slowly stretch their back. It's important to do this slowly to avoid injury or pain for the recipient.Slowly stand up.
- 5It may help to ask the individual to give you feedback during the massage so that you will better know when they are approaching their limit. Thai Cobra massages should not be painful for the individual, or overstretch them.Lower them back down as they reach their flexibility limit.
- 6Each time you repeat the sequence of movements, try to go a little bit farther than the previous times. This will help increase the flexibility of the recipient over time, while also benefiting their circulation.Repeat as many times as necessary.
- 7Their palms should again be facing upwards, and they should be completely relaxed.When you are finished, lay the person's hands back down beside them.
- 8As you step back, move your feet back onto the solid floor carefully so as to no fall over or lose your balance. Remember that massage can sometimes cause the masseuse to become light headed when standing up or dismounting from the recipient.Slowly and carefully dismount.Advertisement
Additional Tips and Suggestions
- Have the massage recipient wear a fabric, like cotton, that may help prevent slipping.
- Warming up the body before moving into the cobra technique can also help to increase flexibility.
Warnings with the Cobra Thai Massage Technique
- Over stretching may lead to injury. Be careful not to stretch more than the recipient can comfortably handle.
- Ideally, make sure the masseuse is around the same size as the recipient. This way the weight of the masseuse can be comfortably tolerated without causing injury.
- Remember that the masseuse should also focus on his or her balance, making sure to maintain a comfortable position and not overextend his or her reach.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Physical Health
Recent edits by: Dougie-1, VisiHow