Perform a Natural Colon Cleanse
Edited by Mian Sheilette Ong, Robbi, Lynn, Eng
A crucial part of your overall health is a functional colon. Your colon or large intestine is the venue for waste collection, storage, and disposal. It is a haven for both good and bad bacteria. Once the balance of these two types of bacteria becomes erratic, you will most likely suffer from digestive disorders such as constipation or diarrhea. To improve or maintain the health of your colon, experts recommend a colon cleanse. It is simply eliminating the gunk out of your large intestine so that you can eliminate waste better and much more efficiently. If you perform a periodic colon cleanse, you will be able to avoid the accumulation of unwanted toxins. If there are no toxins stored in your colon, you can avoid digestive ailments such as the dreaded colon cancer. A natural colon cleanse can be performed safely as long as you let your doctor know about it beforehand.
Significance of colon cleansing
Common ailments such as constipation, kidney infections, nail fungus growth, body odor, bad breath, vaginal yeast infections, bladder infections, and abdominal cramps are known to be related to poor colon health. These are signs that your colon is in need of cleansing. Experts say that diseases usually begin in the colon, which is a common site of cancer. As you know, the colon is the waste collector and disposal unit of the body. It comprises the final five feet of the intestinal system. It is where toxins end up as well. If your colon is healthy, it will readily eliminate any kind of toxin from your body. Otherwise, your colon will allow toxins to accumulate and flow back into your bloodstream and liver, thus, polluting your entire body. The colon is where water is extracted from the undigested food and reabsorbed into your body. This leaves a formed mixture of bile acids, undigested fiber, cells, and bacteria. A slow bowel transit time allows bacteria, toxins, and fungi to be reabsorbed into your body. This happens during constipation. If you have a healthy colon, you will be able to defecate within six to 18 hours after each of your meals. This results in two to three bowel movements per day. Having the right diet helps you clear your colon of unnecessary debris. However, healthy eating habits are often difficult to maintain these days because of poor food choices and time constraints. Even so, you should try your best to undergo that change so that your colon could be cleansed. If you have a healthy colon, your overall health will be evident.
How to prevent having an unhealthy colon
You can avoid having an unhealthy colon by changing your lifestyle and diet. Here are some helpful tips on how you can keep your colon happy and healthy:
- 1Go for plant-based foods. Increase the amount of whole grains, nuts, fruits, beans, and vegetables in your meals. Fiber is non-digestible and if you have a high fiber diet, your colon will be able to clear the debris from your colon much like a trusty broom. Fiber actually stimulates the intestines' peristaltic movement to eliminate waste regularly, at a normal pace. It also retains moisture in your colon, making your stool easier to expel. Soluble fiber is the one that increases the number of good bacteria in your colon. It helps produce antibiotics to battle pathogenic bacteria like E. coli, campylobacter, and salmonella. Insoluble fiber prevents constipation. You need 20-35 grams of fiber in your diet each day.Increase fiber in your diet. You have to learn how to choose the healthier options when it comes to what you eat.Advertisement
- 2Chlorophyll also heals and soothes any amount of damage in the digestive tract. These are known as internal deodorants.Eat more green-colored foods. The chlorophyll content of green foods such as spirulina, wheat grass, alfalfa, blue green algae, and barley grass makes them ideal for cleaning the colon.Advertisement
- 3You should eat yogurt, sauerkraut, miso, and kefir. The colon needs bifidobacteria, while the small intestines need lactobacilli. The good bacteria help eliminate toxins, prevent the proliferation of pathogens, make vitamins from food particles, make short chain fatty acids, and activate your immune system.Try fermented food items. Fermented foods are rich in probiotics or good bacteria.
- 4It also facilitates good circulation, which your colon also needs. About 30 minutes of physical activity everyday is ideal. An activity as simple as walking the dog would do the job.Exercise regularly. Regular physical activity helps in making your colon healthier because it encourages peristaltic movements.
- 5Do this after your day's work, or every time you need it. You can surround yourself with aromatic scents like chamomile, jasmine, and lavender. Use visualization techniques accompanied by soothing music.Eliminate stress. Take time to relax yourself because stress affects colon health.
- 6If you don't drink a lot of water, toxins accumulate and you become constipated. About six to 10 glasses of water are needed daily but the need varies from time to time. Drink water 20 minutes before you eat and in between meals. Just sip water as you eat.Drink more water. Water helps you keep your body hydrated at all times, especially during hot days.
How to perform a natural colon cleanse
A natural colon cleanse is needed to revitalize your colon and eliminate any amount of toxins in it. If you do this, it might just help eliminate your common ailments. Your tissues will be damaged by the toxins in your colon because over time, they will backup into your circulation, affecting every organ system in your body. It is true that there are pharmaceutically prepared laxatives out there that make the process faster, but there are side effects that you have to endure when you take them. Below are some of the ways that you can perform a colon cleanse the natural way:
What to do:
- 1(Do this before your first meal.)Get 3.80 to 8.03 cups of purified water and warm it up.
What to do:
- 1Fill your enema bag with warmed up purified water.
- 2Insert your enema carefully while taking note of the instructions included in the enema kit.
- 3Retain the purified water for a while.
- 4Release the enema water into your toilet.
Bentonite Clay and Psyllium
What to do:
- 1Combine 1 teaspoon of psyllium in powdered form, ½ teaspoon of powdered ginger, 1 cup of organic apple juice, and 1 teaspoon of bentonite clay in a blender.
- 2Blend everything until the lump are gone.
- 3Drink it as soon as you're done blending.(Do this before the psyllium makes the drink very thick.)
- 4(Food will just be absorbed by the bentonite clay. Limit your drinking to five glasses per day.)Don't eat for two hours before and after you drink the concoction.
- 5(Do this quickly.)Drink up o 1 cup of distilled water after each glass of the mixture.
What to do:
- 1Combine 10 ounces of distilled water, 2 tablespoons of organic maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of organic lemon juice, and 1/10 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper.
- 2(Do not eat or drink anything during this method.)Drink about five to 15 times a day for only about 10 days.
- 3Drink laxative tea every night and about a liter of saltwater every morning.
- 4Continue this cleansing method until you can no longer see a white coating on your tongue.
What to do:
- 1Get a reliable juicer.
- 2Choose vegetables you do not ordinarily eat or drink.
- 3Mix in apples or carrots to sweeten the blend.
- 4(You will feel the need to release in a few minutes.)Juice everything and drink up.
- Be sure to tell your doctor about the colon cleansing method that you want to perform.
- Take probiotics when you cleanse your colon to replenish the population of good bacteria.
- Make sure that you let someone close to you know about your cleansing so that you can have someone can make sure that you perform your cleanse safely.
- Avoid red meat and alcoholic beverages during your cleansing period.
Questions and Answers
Does a colon cleanse help bad breath?
If your bad breath is caused by an unhealthy colon, a colon cleanse can help you eliminate bad breath. The colon can be associated with bad breath if you have poor colon health. Bacteria and toxins that are accumulated inside the colon can produce gas that can be defused out of your mouth. So, you will need a colon cleanse to be able to treat your bad breath.