Edited by Charmed, Ephraim, Eng, Graeme and 1 other
We go to school to gain knowledge through learning. Once we have gained the knowledge, we can apply it to solve our day to day challenges. While in school, the mastery of our content is usually tested in various ways. One such way is through the continuous assessment tests and exams.
Every student wants to pass his examinations, since school exams really determine our destiny. Before taking any exam, you ought to ask yourself a few questions. Are you ready to take an exam? If the answer is yes then it is likely that you are well prepared to take the examination. Before you sit for any exam, you have to organize yourself in such a way that you are confident in taking on the exams. Research has shown that students with high motivation levels usually do well in the examinations. The following tips will help you pass your exams.
When it comes to finals they can be a real stress on the brain from trying to find time to study to knowing exactly what the study for the final. Some professors or teachers let the students know exactly what to expect on their upcoming test when others do not let their students know what is on the test deeming some students clueless as to what they need to study. Regardless of the situation that you find yourself in know that there are steps that you can take in order to successfully pass your final exams that is coming up in the future. Following the steps below will help you to put your best effort towards passing your exams.
- 1Understand exactly what your goal is at passing your exam as it pertains to the requirements of passing the exams.The requirements will be told to you before you start to study whether it be a section that you need to study for or at least which text you will need to study in its entirety before starting your quest on studying. By understanding exactly what you will need to do in order to pass the test you will be able to focus on the important points to study allowing you to be well prepared for your upcoming final.Advertisement
- 2Pick which test that you will need to focus more on at the time for you will know which test needs more attention than the other tests that you are needing to study for to be ready for your exams.At times you will find yourself in a place where a test may be easier to you meaning that you will not need to devote all of your time to it leaving you the time to study for the test that you know for sure will give you a harder time to pass. This tactic is one that s a win-win situation for you know that one test can be passed automatically with not much effort rather than the test that is going to give you the most problems.Advertisement
- 3Do your best to figure out what the test is going to cover so that you are well prepared, even though you will not know exactly what is on the test at times you will have a broad view on what may possibly be on the test.If you are studying for a psychology test then you will know that its in your best interest to study all things that pertain to psychology that you have studied over the time that you have covered in class. This doesn't allow you to pin point exactly what is on the final exam but will give you something to study to prepare yourself for the future.
- 4Start studying ahead of time to ensure that you give yourself time to cover everything that the final exams can cover.By starting early you leave no chance to not possibly covering every possible aspect of the test that you will taking soon. Some try and start studying at least a week before a test in hopes that the information will stick but this does not always work and has not proven to be a truly effective action so it will be in your best interest to start studying at least a month prior to the exam. A lot of exams will be announced a month or two months before its official exam date so take advantage of the time to study as much as you can before the final.
- 5Tap into the way that you know how to study whether it be by listening, saying your information aloud or writing the information to help let it stick to your brain for retention.When exam times come you will notice that some people study in different ways but it is best for you to study the way that makes you feel comfortable rather than trying to adapt to a way of studying based on other for this will prove to not help you effectively with your study habit. The study habit that helps you best will be know by you for the best person who will know which way to study will in fact be yourself when it comes to studying for exams. Whatever tactic that you have used prior for all of your other tests stick to this way of studying in order to ensure that you study the best way for your up coming final.
- 6When studying be sure to take breaks in between for it will not help you if you were to study non stop without giving your brain a break from absorbing all the information that you are currently studying.It has been stated that when you study your brain in facts absorbs glucose so in order to replenish your glucose you will need to eat snacks and take breaks while studying. Some people can study this way but they often become sleepy and reject the retention of the information or often fall asleep while studying which causes them to lose all the information or most when awaking in the morning.
- 7Put a end time on you studying before you take the test preferably a day to a half of day before test day.If you continue to study before he brink of the test you will in fact cause yourself to stress before the test which will not help you on applying the information that you have retained on test day. A good tip on a way to study before the test will be for you to use flashcards or simple notes to look over before you start the test the next day. It is important that you let your brain rest before test day or you may suffer from going blank when you begin to take your test for your mind is completely exhausted from all the studying.
- 8Sleep for at least eight hours before you start taking your test to ensure that you are getting the adequate time for rest before taking your test.Eight hours is the requirement for all activities so use this same number in order to ensure that you are refreshed for the next day which should be test day.
- 9Get your brain jogging in the morning the next day if you have enough time to sit back and do nothing before you take your exam.Things that you can do in order to jog your mind can be reading a book, flash cards, walk or do anything that doesn't consist of you watching TV for watching TV can in fact fry your brain before test time if you watch it for too long by studying and retaining what is on TV.
- 10Eat a balanced breakfast before taking your test so that you give your brain energy in order to perform at your peak for test taking.It is not necessary that you eat a big breakfast but at least enough to help cure your crave for food and also get your mind jogging in the morning.
- 11Caffeine is a big no-no when it comes to test taking for the caffeine can in fact drain your energy that you need in order to focus by absorbing the glucose in the brain.Coffee is useful when trying to get yourself going for work or etc. but when it comes to test taking it can slow down your thinking process which is needed before taking your test.
- 12Chill yourself out and relax while in class waiting for your test to start and be given out for by relaxing you will able to think clearly on what you are trying to accomplish in passing the test.If you are not relaxed you will freak yourself out or even second guess your answers which can prove to be a big mistake when taking your finals.
- 13Do your best to ignore other classmates before taking the finals for a lot of other students will show their nervousness for their personal reason which can cause you to also become nervous.Think in your mind that you are ready for this test and everything that you have done in order to prepare yourself for this final and once the paper hits your table go for it!
Helpful Instructions to Pass
- 1Take Notes.When preparing for your exams, remember to take notes. Students who take notes are likely to recall what they wrote during an exam. Taking notes will help you have a better picture when answering the question asked. Secondly, it is usually easier to revise notes rather than revising a textbook when exams are near.
- 2Understand the Structure of the Paper.Understand the structure of the paper even before you enter an examination room. Find out if there are any marks allocated to a particular topic. This will help you revise for the exams properly.
- 3Remove the Limiting Belief.You have to be confident if you want to pass your exams. Make sure you eliminate the limiting belief that you will not pass. Confidence will help you not to panic during the exams. You will therefore spend your exam time well in answering the question asked.
- 4Memorize Key Ideas and Formulae.Make sure you memorize key ideas and formulae when preparing for an exam. Go through the key ideas and formulae before you sleep and when you wake up. Research has shown that students who do this are easily recall the ideas and formulae during exam time.
- 5Practice For The Exam.Practice for the exams by going through your assignments, continuous assessment tests and mock exam. This will create a picture in your mind of what you really need.
- 6Time yourself.It is important to understand that other than mastery of content the other aspect that examiners test of proper utilization of time. Take the first 10 minutes in planning your on how you much time you will spend on each question. Make sure you finish your questions in good time so that you have time to go through the questions and answers again.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Communications & Education
Recent edits by: Graeme, Eng, Ephraim