Pair an Android Phone with a Windows 10 PC
Edited by Lukward Thomason, VisiHow, Eng
Hi! You're watching VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to pair the Bluetooth of your Android phone with a Windows 10 computer.
This concludes our tutorial on how to pair the Bluetooth of your Android phone with a Windows 10 computer. Thank you for watching VisiHow! If you have any other comments or questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
Video: Pair an Android Phone with a Windows 10 PC
Questions and Answers
I cannot pair an Android device with a new computer with the Windows 10 OS?
I have a new computer, and I am trying to download photos from the phone to PC. The new computer doesn't seem to be reading the Android device. I am still unfamiliar with Windows 10, and I have growing pains and what not.
- Download and install Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10, if your Windows version is N or KN. Press the Windows key and "Pause/Break" to see your version.
- If you are on Samsung, download and install SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.zip.
- For other phones, visit their respective pages. Some smartphone models even work only through specific software like Kies.
- Go to "Settings" > "About device". Tap on it seven times. Press the back button. Tap on "Developer options". Check "USB debugging".
- When you connect your phone, tap on "MTP". You may also pull down the notification bar from the top and tap on "Connect USB storage" on your phone. You can also get to it through "Settings" > "Wireless and network" > "USB utilities". Tap on "Connect storage to PC". This can also be accessible in "Settings" > "More Settings" > "USB utilities". Tap on "Connect Storage to PC".
- Go to "Settings" > "Storage" > the triple-dot icon > "USB computer connection". Tap on "Media device (MTP)".
- Press the Windows key + "Pause Break". Click "Device Manager". Expand some options to find your phone. Right-click your phone. Select "Update Driver Software". Click "Browse my computer for driver software" and "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". Click "MTP USB Device" and "Next".
- Replace your cable or check the USB connection.
- Turn on the airplane mode when connecting to your PC.
- For Samsung phones, turn them off. Connect it to your PC. Press and hold volume-down, home, and power buttons. Drivers will be installed. Remove the battery for 5 minutes. Boot up your phone.
- For Marshmallow phones, Go to "Settings" > "Apps" > the triple-dot icon > "Show system apps" > "External Storage and Media Storage". Tap on "Delete cache" and "Delete data". Reboot your phone.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Pair an Android Phone with a Windows 10 PC. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Pair_an_Android_Phone_with_a_Windows_10_PC
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Pair an Android Phone with a Windows 10 PC." VisiHow, visihow.com/Pair_an_Android_Phone_with_a_Windows_10_PC Accessed 29 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Pair an Android Phone with a Windows 10 PC." Accessed Apr 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Pair_an_Android_Phone_with_a_Windows_10_PC.
Categories : Windows
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Lukward Thomason