Pair Playstation 3 Controller (PS3) to Samsung Galaxy S3
Edited by Adrian Penaflor, Maria, Lynn, Eng and 4 others
Is it difficult to play a game on your Samsung Galaxy S3 using the touchscreen controls? Don't worry! Here's a HowTo on pairing a PlayStation 3 controller with your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Prerequisites (What You Need To Make This Happen)
- Your Samsung Galaxy S3 must be rooted, or it must have a root access.
- Sixaxis Controller app must be installed on your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Samsung phone USB cable (Type A USB to micro USB) It's the cable that came with your phone.
- Convert (Type A USB female to mini 5 pin male) You can purchase this on eBay or Amazon for $2.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 desk stand (optional).
Root Your Samsung Galaxy S3.
If your phone is already rooted then skip these steps.
- 1Tap "Menu" | "Settings" | "About Device" | "Model Number". Make sure your model number is GT-i9300 or GT-i9300T because if its not, then it may not work or it may ruin your phone.First, check the model number of your phone.Advertisement
- 2Tap "Menu" | "Settings" | "Developer Options" | tap "USB debugging" | "OK".Turn on debugging mode.Advertisement
- 3Turn off the phone (complete power off).
- 4Press and hold the "Power" button + "Volume Down" button + "Home" button, at the same time until you see a warning message.Go to download mode.
- 5Press the "Volume Up" button to continue.
- 6Make sure the (Kies) driver is installed.Connect the USB cable of the phone, to your computer.
- 8The outcome of the file must be a ".tar" extension.After the zip file has been download, extract the file on your computer.
- 10A yellow box indicates your phone is connected. If the box is not yellow, you need to check your connections or install the phone drive on your computer.Run the Odin3_v1.85.exe and check if the ID:COM box if its yellow.
- 11Reset Time", and don't tick anything else in that section.Tick "Auto Reboot" and "F.
- 12Click the PDA button and browse the *.tar file that you have just extracted and click "Open".Tick "PDA".
- 14Meanwhile, on your Samsung Galaxy S3, wait until it reboots twice automatically, and you're done rooting it!
Connect the Cables
Sixaxis Controller App
- 1On your Samsung Galaxy S3, go to the Google Play Store.
- 2Search and install the "Sixaxis Controller" app.
- 3Run the app and tap "Start".
- 4Tap "Grant" root access.
- 5Once it has paired, and Bluetooth has been activated on the controller, you can now unplug the USB cables.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Warning: Rooting your phone will void its warranty. You are the solely responsible for your phone, so do so at your own risk.
- Not all games are supported.
- If you want to see if your Android device is compatible with the "Sixaxis Controller" app, you can install the app called "Sixaxis Compatibility Checker", available on Google Play Store.
- If you are done playing, you need to tap "Stop" on the Sixaxis Controller app to set your keyboard back to normal mode.
- You can also read this similar article: How to connect Xbox 360 controller on Samsung Galaxy S4.
Questions and Answers
Can you tell me what I need to play Android games on HDTV with PlayStation 3 controller?
My phone is Galaxy S3 Neo. I will buy an MHL cable with HDMI and USB.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.