Organize a Christmas Party for Your Office
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Monika, Jmgf, Maria Sharon Ubando and 14 others
Christmas is one of the most celebrated holidays in Christian countries. Celebrating Christmas varies from culture to culture. There are many interesting ways to celebrate Christmas, depending on the type of people celebrating it. Usually, a party is held. During this time, bonds of friendship and family ties are renewed and rekindled. Business offices usually celebrate this in the form of parties.
- 1 How Companies Celebrate Christmas
2 Questions and Answers
- 2.1 Need to put together a really memorable Christmas party.
- 2.2 What is the best title for a Christmas Denim Party?
- 2.3 How will I come up in a good Christmas party which I want it to be simple, yet well organized? Thank you sir!
- 2.4 My questions is how can I make a mc script?
- 2.5 I need a program of events for a get-together party.
- 2.6 Hello, I am planning to organize a Christmas party for 2 hours.
- 2.7 What are the important concepts to include in writing a Christmas program?
- 2.8 I am the MC and looking for ideas to make it fun.
- 2.9 We are having a family/clan party. What is the best food to serve?
- 2.10 I am organizing a staff event in which I will be bringing in staff from different regions to one region to celebrate 35 years of company existence?
- 2.11 What are some games that can be introduced during Christmas days?
- 3 Comments
How Companies Celebrate Christmas
Entrepreneurs and business management gurus believe that office socialization supports and strengthens harmonious interpersonal relationship. When employees enjoy their work and colleagues' company, loyalty is more likely to develop. Productivity is also higher and there is less employee turnover. As such, companies take pains in making the Holiday season an enjoyable one for their employees.
Business companies emphasize the Holiday season with Christmas parties. They are usually held in office socialization halls. For companies with bigger budgets, parties are often held in restaurants or event tents and gardens in warmer climates. Most companies prefer to hold the event outside the business premises, not only to prevent working while at the party, but to avoid the task of clean up as well.
While parties such as these can be fun, being given the task of organizing it is tedious. As an organizer, be ready to accept the stress of planning and preparing. This will be aside from the regular office workload you have. Now that you've been given the task, the question is, are you ready to take on the task? Most of the time, it is the Human Resources Department that takes care of all the preparations, but if you were included in the Christmas Party committee, you should take it as a challenge and a good learning experience as well.
In order to make it easier for you to get through this assignment, divide the task into phases:
The bulk of the work is in the planning stage. Remember - if you don't plan ahead, you plan to fail.
- 1Think of a concept.Advertisement
- 2Request the budget allocation for the party.Advertisement
- 3Suggestions and quotes for venues and food.
- Get suggestions for venue, and then get quotes from those venues, as it will help when you make a decision. Print them out and compare.
- Get suggestions and then quotes for the food menu. It is best that you have it printed and compared. You should get the venue decided on first, as they may require you get food from there own menu. Consult with other committee members so that it is a group decision. Don't go off on your own without including the rest of the committee - unless you ARE the committee.
- 5When you've received the basic details of the party like date, place, time and theme, you will be responsible for printing out and distributing invitations to guests and employees.Don't forget to invite everyone.
During the implementation phase, the assigned committee leaders and members will now go through the process of performing their tasks. They are as follows:
- 1Food Committee.
- 2Venue Committee.
- 4Don't forget to include music to your evening. With a big party, you might hire a DJ. With a smaller party, you might just make mixed CD's. Just make sure there's a varied selection of music to please everyone.Music.
- 5Contest and Prizes Committee.
- 6After Care Committee.
This is the book keeping part of the event, where one or more persons are responsible for receiving the receipts and determining what each committee spent on the party and whether they stayed under budget. This is important for giving the business owners a better perspective on how much was actually spent on the party. This will also add credibility to you as employees assigned with an extra task of making the Christmas party a successful one. In addition, the transparency of the total costs of the event will build trust between you, your colleagues and the administration.
Important Things to Consider in Arranging The Office Christmas Party
- Include a map on the back of the invitation, or in the email, so that individuals who are not familiar with the place will be able to estimate their travel time, and actually arrive.
- Indicate in the invitation if employees are allowed to bring non-employees to the party. This is to avoid shortage of seating and food as well.
- The date of the Christmas party should be a date when everyone is available - or as many as possible.
- Send the invitation early enough that in that busy season, people don't make other plans.
- Make sure that you ask for quotes from reputable and trusted catering and food providers.
- Communicate the theme of the party so that guests will wear appropriate attire to the party.
- The date and time of the party should be approved by the manager or administration to avoid problems later.
- Make sure that all guests and employees participate and enjoy the party.
- Set the limit for alcohol. Alcohol definitely adds fun to parties but as much as possible limit it. People can get wild sometimes when they are under the effects of alcohol. Avoid fights or arguments by limiting the serving of alcoholic drinks. Perhaps just have a mild punch served.
- Plan games that are generally known by everyone, if not, make sure that the instructions are easy to understand and follow.
The success of an event relies not only in planning, but also on the coordination and cooperation of each committee during the implementation phase. Supporting each other is a vital element in making a joyous event like the office Christmas party memorable and enjoyable for everyone.
Questions and Answers
Need to put together a really memorable Christmas party.
I have no idea on how to throw a Christmas party at the office.
Popular themes are ones like the Ugly Sweater contest. Contestants put together ugly sweaters and then are judged for prizes. This is an easy theme. You can celebrate the theme by decorating with dollar store tacky things, or by making Ugly Christmas stockings out of supplies from the dollar store.
What is the best title for a Christmas Denim Party?
I need a little help.
- Have A Blue Christmas Denim Party.
- Ho Ho Ho Down Christmas Party.
- Glitter Your Denim Christmas Party.
Since you are going with a denim theme, you can have your guests either go tacky or formal with their attire. Make it fun and incorporate glitter, sequins and denim into the decor.
How will I come up in a good Christmas party which I want it to be simple, yet well organized? Thank you sir!
I want a well organized yet simple Christmas party for my office mates.
Simple and well organized are accomplished by keeping the decor to a minimum such as a bit of tinsel here and there with Christmas lights. Then you can have a White Elephant gift exchange where everyone brings a gift under $10 in a gift bag. Every person draws a number and can choose a gift in that order either from the group of presents or from someone who already chose a gift. You can make this a timed event. Another option is to host a movie night where you watch something like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation or A Christmas Story with a popcorn and ice cream bar.
My questions is how can I make a mc script?
Because I can't understand what I can say. There's a lot of the program that I must lead. Please help me :). I have tried: Nothing. I'm only busy for this week and I need to make a mc script. I think it was caused by: I think it can be cause with my brain because thinking a lot I can't do that I'm not a smart student but I'm a top 1 but I don't have a lot of ideas so that is why I need help from you :) :(
You could write out an introduction for the event. Then add any presenter announcements or musical interludes. The MC should keep the event flowing and guests entertained. Jokes interjected throughout are always a good idea. Do a Google search on Christmas Jokes, and write down a bunch. Use them when you aren't sure what else to do, or there's a lull in the event. The MC should be able to go off script if something comes to mind during the event.
I need a program of events for a get-together party.
I am trying to organize a Christmas party/get together party for my senior colleagues at work and I don't really know how to go about it. Any ideas?
The VisiHow article on this page has suggestions. If you wish to make this a more formal event then book a table at a restaurant. You also could have the event catered at the office. Pinterest Office Christmas Party Ideas is a board of 1,000's of ideas to get you started. Check it out if you get stuck regarding games or decor.
Hello, I am planning to organize a Christmas party for 2 hours.
Can you help me make a plan? Thanks
After you've followed all of the steps in this article, and decided on the number of people, the budget, and the location, start creating a plan that should be comprised of several parts. Time everything in your written plan according to the two-hour limit you have with some extra minutes: the venue may need you to clean up after you have finished. Find out what each venue can offer you in terms of entertainment, furniture, and food, and choose the one that best suits your needs and budget. Visualize the event from a guest's point of view. Time all of the actions. Guests should have time to leave work and get ready for the party. Serving food and preparing for contests will take time as well.
The first part is scenario: your actions as the host and a list of entertainment games and contests: indicate their sequence, content (who will participate and the names of the games), and an approximate duration. You may want to include every guest in the games and contests, which should be planned as well. Find out the overall theme for your party, which may include colors, wild west, Chicago jazz, the '80s, vintage, general Christmas, etc. Choose the music that will suit everyone at the party. If you cannot pick it, play neutral quiet music in the background. Hiring a band for two hours will not be effective. Setting up sound takes a lot of time. You may want to hire a photographer, although there might be some people uncomfortable around them.
The second part includes items for the event, which should be prepared beforehand. These can be balloons, bags with small presents or gag gifts. Speeches with wishes are good, but because of your time constraints, keep them very very short. They may fit the overall theme, your office professional direction, or just be sporadic and festive.
The third part includes food if the venue does not provide you with it. It is not always possible to book a venue that serves food, so you have to decide what to buy your guests. This includes dishes and drinks.
What are the important concepts to include in writing a Christmas program?
Sir, I need a step by step words to create a Christmas Party Program for our office. I have tried: Writing a draft. I think it was caused by: I wanted to learn the concepts used.
You would list what events are going to happen in order. Such as: Dinner from 6 to 7 pm. Christmas Carol Sing A Long from 7 to 8pm. Ugly Sweater Competition at 8pm. Secret Santa Gift Exchange at 8:30
It does not have to be super structured. You want to be able to let those attending interact with each other without feeling like they are still at work, and everything is scheduled.
I am the MC and looking for ideas to make it fun.
My staff members are kind of dull when it comes to such programs so I want a way to make them stay and also let them partake in the end of year party. I have tried: So far we have tried exchanging gifts and making people act out based on the character they picked. I think it was caused by: I think the motivation from management is low and the staff seems to be here because all they care about is working and getting paid at the end of the month.
Comedy is always a good moral booster. You could have a Roast The Manager event if you think the manager could take it lightly. Perhaps look into hiring a comedian for one hour. If that is not in the budget then make it a movie night of a Christmas comedy.
We are having a family/clan party. What is the best food to serve?
Want it to be simple, but with a touch of class, wondering what is the best food to serve, how about the theme, the contests, the games
When feeding a large group of people you can ask for sides as a potluck and provide the main. One easy one is barbecued shredded beef, chicken or pork sandwiches. These can be made in a crockpot and all you'll need is the rolls. You also could do themes like Hawaiian Christmas where everyone needs to come in Hawaiian dress.
I am organizing a staff event in which I will be bringing in staff from different regions to one region to celebrate 35 years of company existence?
- 1We want it to be fun; and engaging - A lot of activities.
- 2We want the beach for this event.
- 3We want to celebrate the founders.
- 4We do not want speeches but want to record a documentary which will captures speeches/opinions etc.
- 5We want the Board's interaction with shop floor staff.
Here are some ideas.
- 1Beach Ball Relay, Limbo, and a sandcastle competition.Activities:
- 2If you could have a fire then roast marshmallows and make your own smores. Think about doing a Clam Bake. You could also have something like a decorate your beach blanket contests. Provide White sheets and trinkets.Beach Ideas:
- 3Make those the sections for activities.Write the founder's names in the sand and draw big boxes around these names.
- 4Then using a projector, show the documentary.Take wood or bamboo stakes and make a movie screen with a large sheet.
- 5Consider doing some Team Building activities to pair off employees with management.Management and employee interaction will happen with the activities and games.Advertisement
What are some games that can be introduced during Christmas days?
List of Christmas games. What are the new games in Christmas celeb days?
Here is a list of the most popular 25 Christmas Games. These are minute to win it themed games that get everyone to interact! Fun and humorous.
Categories : Holidays & Traditions
Recent edits by: Maria, dominga mendes, VisiHow