Organize Your Desktop Icons for Windows OS
Edited by Eng
The desk is messy. Files and folders in disarray, picture frames faced down, and pens without cover all make up the clutters on the surface. The worker pinches his nose in frustration. The works needed to be done are already piling up. To boot, the chaos hampers the production.
The visualization above is likened to that of the computer desktop. Computer overload? Did you know that the computer's performance can be affected by the icons on your desktop? Does your computer take time to load the items in your desktop? Maybe your desktop is bombarded by unnecessary icons. You need to clean it up. Go and get a virtual broom and dust them off.
Why Do People Tend to Have a Loaded Desktop?
The desktop is another place where you can save files and other documents.
It is convenient for most people, since the files can be seen easily. Easy access, they say. You can open them easily, as they're just a click away. Too bad, it is very inconvenient once the icons are already in disarray. A crowded desktop will give you the opposite.
Clean Up Your Desktop
Fortunately, there are some ways provided for us in order to organize and clean up the desktop. Some are programs that still need to be downloaded, but there are those which are basic.
- 4Fences.This tool lets you group your icons accordingly and then places them inside floating containers for easy access and sorting.
- 5Diswy.This tool lets you hide and unhide your desktop icons with just a single click.
- 6Sectioned Wallpapers.This is a quirky way to organize the icons on your desktop. If you want personalized sectioned wallpaper, you can create one with Adobe Photoshop or even with Paint. If you do not have the skills or the time to make one, you can search and download one with PhotoBucket or anywhere on the net. A sectioned wallpaper is already background divider of your icons making it easy to organize them.
Personalize it More
- 1Custom Icons.Advertisement
- 2Launchers.There are also widgets that keep and display your folders. These launchers help you gain easier access to your files and folders.
- SideSlide. This tool displays the contents of folders inside a scrolling window.
- FSL Launcher. This tool has a tabbed launcher that can be connected to your folders.
- 3Rainmeter for Windows and GeekTool for Mac.These tools insert info widgets on your desktop, using pleasing styles and themes. These tools are convenient for a more personalized theme.Advertisement
Arrange and Move Icons on your Desktop
For arranging and moving your desktop icons, the following links are provided: For arranging icons on the main menu of Apple TV, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5490 For arranging and moving icons on your Microsoft Desktop, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289587
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Windows