Open a PayPal Account
Edited by Pia Marie Villamante, Lynn, Graeme
PayPal is one of the leading electronic commerce businesses that permits money transferring and payments to be done through the internet. Money transfers made online act as an electronic substitute to paying with usual paper means, like money orders and checks. PayPal is a financial institution that processes payments for commercial users, auction sites and online vendors, in which it charges a fee. They may also charge a fee for receiving money, not only for sending. The fees charged vary on the currency used, the payment choice used, the sender's country, the receiver's country, the quantity sent and the receiver's type of account.
PayPal became a completely extra owned company of eBay last October 2002. Its main office is in San Jose, California, at eBay's North First Street satellite grounds. The company has also some operations at Dublin, Ireland; Tel Aviv, Israel; Chennai, India; Kleinmachnow, Germany; Charlotte, Austin, Omaha, and Scottsdale in America. PayPal's founders were Peter Thiel, Luke Nosek, Elon Musk, Ken Howery and Max Levchin. Its president is David Marcus and CFO is Patrick Dupuis. From last July 2007 until today, PayPal has also managed within the European Union as a Luxembourg based bank.
- 2Choose your preferred country and language, then select what type of account you want to have.Advertisement
- A personal account is for individual purposes, like online shopping and has limited matters.
- A premier account is for individuals who buy and sell online.
- A business account is for a supplier or vendor who uses a company or group name.
- 4You will be asked to associate your bank account or credit/debit card to your PayPal account.You may also leave it blank and add that on the latter part. Bear in mind that when you do not add any credit/debit card on your PayPal account, you will not be able to deposit any amount of money. So it is recommended that you add that as soon as possible.
- 6Just validate your account and you're good to go.
How to Verify my Paypal Account
- 1First authenticate your email address.Advertisement
- 2Then log in to your PayPal account.
- 3Select "Get Verified" on your account overview.
- 4Choose the verification method you want to use.
- 5Put in your info and then choose "Continue".
- 6Select "Confirm", then select "Submit".
How to Insert your Debit/Credit Card
- 1Tick on the "My Account" tag.
- 2Then next choose the "Profile" sub tag.
- 3Select "Add/Edit Credit Cards" on the financial info column.
- 4Fill up the card form.
- 5Then tick on "Add Credit Card".
- 6Now you have added your card to your account.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.