Open Firefox in Private Mode from Windows 8 Desktop
Edited by Grimm, Rushell, Eng, Newarni Maicha and 1 other
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to open Firefox directly into private mode from the Windows 8 desktop.
- 15A single left click on this option will open Firefox into the private browsing mode.We will know this because it will say "You're browsing privately" at the top, and it has a little masquerade mask off to the left. In this mode, Firefox will not remember anything. There's also a purple private mode icon in the upper right area near the options to minimize, maximize or close the window.
- 17This concludes our tutorial on how to open Firefox into private browsing mode without opening the regular browser on your Windows 8 desktop.For additional help with this or other tutorials, or for any suggestions or comments you may have, please use the section below, and we will get back to you.
Video: Open Firefox in Private Mode from Windows 8 Desktop
Questions and Answers
How to pin the Firefox private browser to the tray?
How to pin the Firefox private browser to the taskbar?
- 1Press the Windows key.Advertisement
- 2Type "firefox".
- 3Right-click "Mozilla Firefox" above.
- 4Select "Open file location".
- 5Right-click the "Mozilla Firefox" shortcut.
- 6Select "Copy".
- 7Minimize Windows.
- 8Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
- 9Select "Paste".
- 10Right-click the new shortcut on the desktop.
- 11Select "Properties".
- 12In the "Target:" field, enter " -private" after the line.Ascertain that you put a space between the quotation mark and the dash. Your line may look like this:
- D:\Program Files (x86)\Firefox\firefox.exe" -private
- 13Click and drag the icon to the taskbar.This will pin the private browser to your taskbar.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Open Firefox in Private Mode from Windows 8 Desktop. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Open_Firefox_in_Private_Mode_from_Windows_8_Desktop
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Open Firefox in Private Mode from Windows 8 Desktop." VisiHow, visihow.com/Open_Firefox_in_Private_Mode_from_Windows_8_Desktop Accessed 23 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Open Firefox in Private Mode from Windows 8 Desktop." Accessed Mar 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Open_Firefox_in_Private_Mode_from_Windows_8_Desktop.