Obtain Free Microsoft eBooks with Chrono for Chrome
Edited by Djinu, VisiHow, Eng, Anonymous
You're watching VisiHow. In this video, we're going to demonstrate how to get free Microsoft ebooks.
- 4Alternatively, just click this Microsoft blog link.In this blog post, there are over 200 books that you can download for free. They are a little bit difficult to download, and he explains that he would like to have more control on the author's side: if he or she wants to edit or change something, instead of offering a new ZIP file with all of the downloads, he or she can change a specific URL. Also, he or she may choose not to offer that book in the future.
- 5You may need to scroll down slightly to click the "How to enable 'Download All' " link.This link is located to the right of the blue "Download All" button.The workaround that Eric Ligman has created in order to maintain control of the author and publisher's rights is to provide links to individual files as a text document.
- 7To obtain a file with links, click a checkmark with a notepad icon.It is next to the message that reads "If you right-click the icon to the right and select 'Save Target As', it will let you download a list of the links in a single .TXT file for all of the eBooks included in my latest post". Clicking the checkmark icon will provide you with a text document.
- 9Then, click the Chrono extension in Google Chrome.It's near the upper-right corner of the window. You will need to have this extension downloaded and installed in order to use it.
- 14With the links pasted, click the "Start!" button at the bottom of this pop-up box.The eBooks will be automatically downloaded one by one.Advertisement
This was a tutorial on how to download free Microsoft eBooks using the Chrono extension for Chrome. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the section below. Thank you for watching VisiHow!
Video: Obtain Free Microsoft eBooks with Chrono for Chrome
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.