Edited by Anonymous, VisiHow, Eng
Questions and Answers
Need to speed up system with 4 GB RAM?
Need to speed up system with 4 GB RAM
- 1Uninstall as many resident programs (and, eventually, services).You can do it by pressing the Windows key and typing "Programs and features". Press "Enter". Delete some programs.
- 2Disable your antivirus by right-clicking its icon in the system tray.
- 3Remove your wallpaper.
- 4Free up at least 10 % of your hard disk drives, including logical disks.
- 5Defragment your hard disk drives by using a program like Defraggler.
- 6Press the Windows and "Pause - Break" keys.Click "Advanced system settings". Click "Settings..." next to "Performance". In "Visual Effects" select "Adjust for best performance".
- 7Click the "Advanced" tab.Click "Change..." Click "Custom size". Type "8192" in both input fields. Click "Set". Click "OK". Reboot your computer.
- 8Clear your temporary directories and broken registry entries.You can use CCleaner for that (the "Registry" and "Cleaner" tabs).
- 9Clean your computer tower as shown in our tutorial.Pay attention at dust in the GPU and processor. Those force cycle-skipping.
I would like to try & trick my video memory so I can play a game?
I would like to try & trick my video memory so I can play a game
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Anonymous