Navigate the App Store on Mac OS X Yosemite
Edited by Grimm, nitid, Eng
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial we are going to show you how to navigate the App Store on your Mac when using OS X Yosemite.
- 2The right-hand side bar indicates the Editors' Choice or the top articles. There is a section below labeled Best New Apps & Games. These are the newest things in the store and are considered the best by the users and the editors.The App Store will open and we will be shown a list of "Featured" items across the top.Advertisement
- 4On the right-hand side of the window, we will see that there are a series of Quick Links where we can access the "Account" and get "Support." More importantly, we can navigate the categories that are listed below, such as "OS X Yosemite" categories and "Editors' Choices." If we are looking for "Final Cut Pro" or "Logic Pro" app, it will be in Quick Links.
- 5All of these are in the column on the right-hand side. Note that this is the store for the actual Mac and not an iPhone or an iPad. This is a different set of applications and it is a different App Store; the two do not work together.We can scroll down and see the top Paid apps and beneath them we can see the top Free apps.
- 11We will have the option to update if there are any updates for the Mac. We can see in this example, there was a recent update of iTunes, iMovie, Garage Band, Yosemite, and a number of other items. Once it finishes checking for updates we will be given a list of what has been recently updated. In the event that there is something that we need to search for there is a search magnifying glass on the top, right-hand side.Finally, we can click on "Updates," on the far right.
- 14If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or any additional advice, please let us know in the section below and we will make sure to get back to you.This concludes our tutorial for an introduction on how to navigate the App Store from MAC OS X Yosemite.Advertisement
Video: Navigate the App Store on Mac OS X Yosemite
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Macintosh
Recent edits by: nitid, Grimm