Navigate the App Store on Mac OS X Yosemite
Edited by Grimm, nitid, Eng
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial we are going to show you how to navigate the App Store on your Mac when using OS X Yosemite.
- 2The App Store will open and we will be shown a list of "Featured" items across the top.The right-hand side bar indicates the Editors' Choice or the top articles. There is a section below labeled Best New Apps & Games. These are the newest things in the store and are considered the best by the users and the editors.Advertisement
- 4On the right-hand side of the window, we will see that there are a series of Quick Links where we can access the "Account" and get "Support." More importantly, we can navigate the categories that are listed below, such as "OS X Yosemite" categories and "Editors' Choices." If we are looking for "Final Cut Pro" or "Logic Pro" app, it will be in Quick Links.
- 5We can scroll down and see the top Paid apps and beneath them we can see the top Free apps.All of these are in the column on the right-hand side. Note that this is the store for the actual Mac and not an iPhone or an iPad. This is a different set of applications and it is a different App Store; the two do not work together.
- 11Finally, we can click on "Updates," on the far right.We will have the option to update if there are any updates for the Mac. We can see in this example, there was a recent update of iTunes, iMovie, Garage Band, Yosemite, and a number of other items. Once it finishes checking for updates we will be given a list of what has been recently updated. In the event that there is something that we need to search for there is a search magnifying glass on the top, right-hand side.
- 14This concludes our tutorial for an introduction on how to navigate the App Store from MAC OS X Yosemite.If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or any additional advice, please let us know in the section below and we will make sure to get back to you.Advertisement
Video: Navigate the App Store on Mac OS X Yosemite
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Macintosh
Recent edits by: nitid, Grimm