Navigate a Document in Microsoft Word 2010 Using Hotkeys
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video I'm going to show you some Hotkey Commands in Microsoft Word 2010 that will help you navigate through a word document and highlight text in a faster more efficient way without having to use the mouse.
- 1The first thing I'm going to show you is a way to select text.Use arrows to put the cursor where you would like it, press the shift button, then press down and you can highlight and select text very quickly. This is very useful, it's a lot easier than using the mouse and having to get the position right. You can just use the arrow keys in the bottom right-hand corner of the computer.Advertisement
- 5If I want to move around I'm going to use the arrows but obviously it's only going to move one letter at a time.If I press Ctrl+Right or Left Arrow I will move one word at a time. It is a lot faster than scrolling one letter at a time. So if you want to get somewhere and you don't want to use the mouse or the mouse pad, you can scroll very quickly by scrolling one word at a time using Ctrl+Right or Left Arrow.
- 6We can also move and scroll one paragraph at a time.This is also very quick. I could just press down and scroll through the pages and it's quite fast, but it isn't exactly what I want to do. If I press Ctrl+Up or Down Arrow it's going to scroll to the last or next paragraph. This gives you a little more control over what's happening and it can also be very fast if you need it to be. This helps you jump to the next paragraph in a fast efficient way.
- 7To save you even more time, there's an option to return to the place you were when you closed the document.If you close the document and then reopen it, you can press Shift+F5 and this will take you back to the place you were before you closed the document, the place you were last time, the place you finished.
- 8This is how to navigate a Microsoft Word 2010 document in a simpler and more efficient manner.If you have any suggestions or questions please leave them in the comment section below. You've been watching VisiHow.Advertisement
Video: Navigate a Document in Microsoft Word 2010 Using Hotkeys.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Microsoft Suites
Recent edits by: Crystal, Thor