Edited by spoopygrandma, VisiHow, krisg826, Eng and 4 others
Questions and Answers
My voice isn't clear when singing high notes?
It gets a bit scratchy and I have strain my voice.
That can be both a good and bad. Some styles of singing require the "scratchy" or "raspy" high notes, and singers spend a lot of time learning to do this.
If you intend to get rid of it, there are a couple of things that you can do:
- try to lower the larynx as you sing, even though high notes raise it; to drop it, use the articulation of the yawn, but do not put the tongue down inside your mouth. Try to feel it protruding a bit. Also, imaging that you smell something interesting, as it helps to drop the larynx;
- try to narrow your articulation when prolonging vowels: this is almost like oo instead of ah. The space in the back of the mouth has to be more narrow;
- do not strain your tongue and swallowing muscles;
- for some genres of music, it is pertinent not to yell or shout when singing (click the link);
- this tutorial explains how to not strain your voice: "Prevent Pressing the Voice While Singing.
MY VOICE IS IRRITATING AND I FEEL COUGHING WHEN I AM SINGING?
There are a lot of mucus and cough at the point during singing, why?. I've been told uncooked eggs can help to make the voice sound better, is it true? Solution to it here in Tanzania told to take eggs is questionable to me and not been told by you. I have tried: Nothing, after reading this article, then I will have to apply whey you have said. I think it was caused by: I love using cold drinks, as you have said here, it sounds perfect to me, then let me evaluate this after a time I will come back to you.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: Just wanted to know to improve my vocal high notes voice
Categories : Voice Lessons & Tips
Recent edits by: Maria, Boaz, Donna