Edited by Anonymous, Melsan, Avinash, clog and 15 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 My mobile data icon on my notification panel disappeared?
- 1.2 What to do with all those notifications?
- 1.3 I use to have the mobile data icon on my quick drop menu. but I do not see it anymore?
- 1.4 The drop-down panel at the top of my phone has disappeared?
- 1.5 Bluetooth icon at notification panel?
- 1.6 I want to receive notifications sounds even during calls?
- 1.7 Can I install a mobile data toggle notification at the top of my S4?
- 1.8 How to re-set app notification to On?
- 1.9 My data connection on my phone is not working?
- 1.10 My T-Mobile alarm will not work?
- 1.11 My notification bar at the top of my S4 mini disappeared. How do I restore it?
- 1.12 Hi, how can I put the cellular data sign on my screen? S6?
- 1.13 How to remove T-Mobile, and my account Icon from my Samsung phone?
- 1.14 Problem on mobile data when I turn it on and it still won't appear?
- 1.15 Icon disappears in notification bar on Samsung S4 mini?
- 1.16 Galaxy S4 won't download my pictures messages?
- 1.17 When I pull down the list of shortcut, icons do not appear. Is this normal for a brand new S6?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
My mobile data icon on my notification panel disappeared?
I am using Galaxy S4. version 4.4.3.
This is only normal that you are not seeing the Mobile Data icon on your phone notification panel. Normally, if the mobile data has been enabled, it will show up on your phone screen. If you are seeing this icon then it has been disabled meaning, you are not using it.
You might have disabled the data connection that is why it is not there. Simply go to Settings then More and look for Data Connection and look for mobile networks on screen.
You will find there Enable Packet data. Check the enable packet data for you to see the icon on your phone notification panel again. Also, another reason why it is not showing is due to your network provider is having some signal issues.
You can try to power off the phone and turn it back on after 10 seconds and see if it will appear. You can also take the phone to a different place and see if it does show the data as it may be a issue with their signal tower near your area. You can also call their customer service for answers if they have an issue.
Yes, the mobile data connection icon which allows you to turn off your data on your device is no longer in this panel. You are going to visit settings>>my connections>>mobile data which will allow you to be able to toggle your data icon.
This has disappeared after the latest update to the Samsung Galaxy S4 and other Galaxy devices .
See more questions like this: How do I get the Mobile Data button in the notification panel
What to do with all those notifications?
What do I do with those notifications that tell me there are numerous apps updates and they need my permission. Can I just Clear everything or do I have to look into all that? It seems very annoying. I usually just press clear, but now I'm wondering if that is the wrong idea.
I usually do clear all those notifications too. But it is also good to look into those notifications because those notifications are not only those updates from your applications or games that are installed with your device but also notifications from your messaging applications and other social media that might be important.
You can also see in those notifications what applications that you need to delete now because they are updating and through these updates, some files are added into your device making your device's memory being filled up and sooner or later, you will have a low memory.
If you have the time, you still need to go over these notifications. But if you are busy, you can just clear them up to make room for newer notifications.
I used to have the Mobile Data icon on my quick drop menu. but I can't see it anymore. Can you help me to enable the Mobile Data toggle switch on my notification panel?
Many Android phone owners have experienced this issue. It's possible that a software glitch is causing this problem, however, it's more likely that you have accidently disabled the 'Mobile Data' switch on your phone notification panel. Fortunately, you can easily enable this switch again, by following these steps:
- 1On your home screen, tap on the 'Apps' icon.
- 2Open 'Settings'.
- 3On your settings page, tap on the 'Display' option.
- 4Select 'Notification panel'.
- 5Now drag the mobile data icon from the 'Available buttons' section and drop it on the 'Notification panel'.
- 6Remember, if your notifications panel doesn't have enough space for the Mobile Data switch, you'll need to disable one of the active switches by dragging and dropping it on the 'Available buttons' section.
- 7The 'Mobile Data' toggle switch should now be shown on your notification panel.
To learn more about using the notification panel, click on the title of this Q&A page or the link below the article summary for our main guide.
If you have any additional questions, let us know in the Q&A section below.
The drop-down panel at the top of my phone has disappeared?
The drop-down panel at the top of my Samsung Galaxy S4 has disappeared
Use one of the methods below.
- If you use custom ROMs, you can either press the power button and disable "Expanded Desktop" by tapping on it.
- In the Nova launcher, go to "Settings" > "Look and feel" and check "Show Notification Bar".
- In Go Launcher, go to "preferences" > "screen settings" and check "the status bar".
- Remove all of the extra accounts from the phone in "Apps" > "Settings" > "Accounts".
- Root your phone and use Status Bar Restarter. Launch it and tap on the only button to open the notification panel.
- Unroot your Samsung S4 by reflashing it;
- Wipe cache partition. Go to the recovery mode by turning off your phone. Press and hold the power, home, and the volume-up buttons until you get into the recovery mode. Once you are on the recovery mode, navigate to "wipe cache partition" with the volume buttons. Press the power button to confirm the action. Then, press the power button to reboot your phone.
- Hard-reset your phone. Warning: this will erase all of the data in the internal memory of your phone.
Bluetooth icon at notification panel?
Bluetooth icon will turn Bluetooth OFF but not ON
Clear any saved Bluetooth connections. Toggle on and off again to see if that solves your problem. Otherwise go into the Recovery Mode as if you were doing a hard reset, but instead choose Clear Cache Partition. After the Lollipop update many users also had problems with their car Bluetooth systems recognizing the phone. If this is your issue then you have to contact the car Bluetooth manufacture to inquire if they will send you a patch kit for the car Bluetooth system.
I want to receive notifications sounds even during calls?
Right now I cannot hear a notification if on call.
- 1Click your Phone icon.
- 2Open the Phone app menu.
- 3Select Call Settings.
- 4Choose Call alert.
- 5Check the box for Alerts on call to enable notifications while on a call.
Can I install a mobile data toggle notification at the top of my S4?
My S4 didn't come with it. I can only access mobile data via settings
You should be able to go into Settings to Notifications and put the toggle in there but some Galaxy devices do not have this option. If you do not, download Widgetsoid from the Play Store and set up your mobile data toggle in there. Something to keep in mind, you can turn off data and network but you will want to keep Cell Radio enabled to send and receive calls or texts.
See more questions like this: Mobile data refuses to toggle on?
How to re-set app notification to On?
Hi, my S4 mini recently did an automatic system update of some sort - and now the ringtone has changed (no problem), the icons in the top bar have changed color (no problem), and my on-call rescue alert app no longer sends me notifications (BIG problem)
When apps stop working after an update, go into Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition. Test the app after that to see if you are getting notifications. Go into the app settings and see if the notifications are disabled but if they are enabled and still nothing is happening then delete the app after you have cleared the cache from it. Re install and test again.
See more questions like this: I cannot drop down the notification menu
My data connection on my phone is not working?
I just upgraded my cell plan to include data. I have followed all the instructions putting in the correct APN etc., but my phone doesn't seem to know it can connect to my network. I can't even see the mobile data icon in my notification panel
When you set up an APN, you have to click Save then go back into the settings menu and tap the APN to enable it. After that, reboot the phone and see if the APN is connecting. You need to also go into Networks and turn on your Mobile Data manually the first time after the APN is properly set up. You did not mention what carrier you are using but T-Mobile and Straight Talk both have extra tweaks on their devices to get the APN to work properly. If all else fails, bring the phone into a carrier flagship store and ask that they set up the APN for you. The people working behind the counter know how to do this as they configure sold phones all day.
See more questions like this: Query about data connection , suggest & help me out regarding this answer please?
My T-Mobile alarm will not work?
My alarm clock will not make sounds
After the Lollipop upgrade, you have to manually go into to Settings to Notification Manager to App Notifications and Scroll down to Clock. Turn on Priority to set it to ring. If you use Do Not Disturb, it used to make the Alarm a priority but now you have to customize the priority list.
My notification bar at the top of my S4 mini disappeared. How do I restore it?
I no longer have the email, ringer, battery % or time of day at the top.
This happened after the Lollipop and Marshmallow update on some phones. Swipe down and hit the 4 blocks in the upper right hand corner. Then select the Pencil icon in the next screen. Edit what you want in the notification panel again and click Save. If for some reason you do not have this option, back up your phone and perform a hard reset because this restored many users devices that could still not edit their quick settings for the notification panel.
Hi, how can I put the cellular data sign on my screen? S6?
How to put the data sign on home page
In your apps, go to the Galaxy App store and download QuickPanel Restore. Samsung launched it after the update cause so many to lose their notification panel. This is supported on most Galaxy devices that lost their icons during the Lollipop update.
See more questions like this: Signal strength of tower symbol is not appearing in display screen?
How to remove T-Mobile, and my account Icon from my Samsung phone?
How to remove T-Mobile, and my account Icon, from my Samsung phone. I have tried: Everything. I think it was caused by: I don't know
- 1Go into Settings.
- 2Select Applications manager.
- 3Find T-Mobile My Account in the list.
- 4Select uninstall updates and clear the cache.
- 5Go back into Settings and follow steps 2 and 3 again but this time choose Disable from the list.
You will see warnings about how you may break the Universe if you do this but everything will work fine and as long as you do not touch that app to enable it, the app will be disabled. It is a major battery drainer for many T-Mobile devices so you should see a change in your battery life immediately.
See more questions like this: I have a Samsung SM350, my phone does not show icon of data
Problem on mobile data when I turn it on and it still won't appear?
Hi. I know this is a different model but they have the same features. I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy SM-J100F. I clicked the mobile data icon on the notification panel but still an icon that would indicate I am now connected to mobile won't appear on my status bar. This only happened about 2 days ago. I haven't changed any of my settings or tinkered with it. I figured that even if I wouldn't have a data plan, an icon should still appear as it has been before. Please help. Thanks
You probably received the Lollipop update two days ago. Follow the solutions in the answers above. You can possibly be able to download the Galaxy app mentioned if your device is supported from the Galaxy Play Store. Otherwise, you can use the Widgetsoid to customize or go into your home screen settings to set up the notification panel again.
See more questions like this: Unable to connect to the internet even when the mobile data is turned on?
Icon disappears in notification bar on Samsung S4 mini?
My lady pill reminder app sends usually a reminder with an icon that stay at the top of the screen (like WhatsApp messages), but on my new Samsung S4 mini it just appears one second and then it is gone, which makes the whole pill reminder app useless.
Uninstall the app after you have cleared the cache within the app menu. Then put your phone into Recovery Mode but instead of performing a hard reset, choose Wipe Cache Partition. Once your phone has rebooted, install your app again and set it up. Your app should now work again properly.
Galaxy S4 won't download my pictures messages?
My picture message on my Galaxy S4 is not downloading and I do not see my data on my icon? I am having problems. I have tried: Turn off and on, restarting. I think it was caused by: I really do not know
Go into your Network Settings and tap on APN. An update or something you did unintentionally may have disabled the APN. You should also go into network settings and see if you have a warning or shut off at a point of for example, 2 GB data. Also, even if you have unlimited data for a package, many carriers play the game of slowing down your data when you reach a certain point so it is virtually useless unless you are connected to WiFi. To avoid this, make sure your phone automatically connects to your save WiFi points of access.
When I pull down the list of shortcut, icons do not appear. Is this normal for a brand new S6?
When I pull down the list of shortcut, icons do not appear. Is this normal for a brand new S6?
Yes, you have to swipe back up to remove the panel. If you would like to customize then click the square in the upper right hand corner and customize your list settings and notifications.
Categories : USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Recent edits by: VisiHow, mabika1111, Kim.Poster