Mute and Unmute WhatsApp Contacts on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng, Maria
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to mute and unmute a WhatsApp contact on an HTC One M8.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Mute and Unmute WhatsApp Contacts on HTC One M8
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 4 Comments
- 4Now that the folder has been opened, we need to find and tap the WhatsApp application.There is a WhatsApp icon, which is a green speech bubble with a white telephone inside, and underneath it says "WhatsApp". Your application may be in a different location, so look for the icon in your folder. We want to demonstrate how to mute and unmute a WhatsApp contact.
- 8Find the "Mute" option.We can see this option is currently deactivated, indicated by the gray switch on the right-hand side. We can mute a contact, which is not the same as blocking. If we block a contact we can't receive any messages from them. If we mute them, we still receive the messages but don't receive a notification about them.
- 10Tap on the wanted period.The options are 8 Hours, 1 Week, and 1 Year. We can always turn this option off whenever we want, so if we choose 1 year, it will just automatically unmute after 1 year. We can turn this option off at any time. We're going to choose "1 Year". The green circle will then move to that option. We can also choose whether or not to show notifications. It will show notifications, but it will be mute with no sound.
- 14This concludes the tutorial on how to mute and unmute a WhatsApp contact on an HTC One M8.If you have any questions, comments or queries about this video, or about the process that you have seen in this video, then please leave them in the comment section below, and we will answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow.Advertisement
Video: Mute and Unmute WhatsApp Contacts on HTC One M8
Questions and Answers
I can't un-mute the phone. Every call I make the person can not hear me, but I can hear them?
The speaker button in the right hand corner has a slash through it.. I have tried: Pressing to un-mute it but nothing happens. I think it was caused by: Phone may have been in sun too long? Said it was going to power off due to heat
Your screen is unresponsive. Shut off the phone and let the device cool down before using it again. You will want to wait at least one hour before turning the phone back on. When you shut it down, remove the battery and check to see if there is any visible swelling on the battery itself.
I'm trying to take a call from WhatsApp but cannot, my mic is in mute mode and I can't un-mute it. What should I do?
I'm trying to take a call from WhatsApp but cannot, my mic is in mute mode and I can't un-mute it. What should I do?. I have tried: Tapped on the mic icon, tried to un-mute through view contact method, restarted my phone.
Go into the Notification settings within WhatsApp to see if you have Mute selected from within the app. You can also go into Chat Settings and Restore to Default. Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp if you are still set to Mute and can't make changes within the app properly.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.