Edited by schristie, Calob Horton, shancamp, Eng and 9 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 Moving my iPhone 5S SIM card to my Samsung Galaxy S5?
- 1.2 Temporarily needing to use Samsung Galaxy S2 because iPhone 5S got wet?
- 1.3 SIM card transfer doesn't work. Both phones are Samsung and both are Verizon phones?
- 1.4 Can I safely move the SIM card from my AT&T iPhone to my US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3?
- 1.5 Hi, I would like to know if Samsung Galaxy 111 mini SIM can fit iPhone 4S thanks?
- 1.6 Will a SIM from a Samsung GT S5830i work in an iPhone 4 8GB?
- 1.7 Can I switch SIM cards from a Samsung S3 to an iPhone 5 without cutting? or does Verizon give you one?
- 1.8 I have an iPhone 5c and my carrier is Straight Talk. I am purchasing a Galaxy S5 tomorrow through Straight Talk and am wondering am I going to have to buy another SIM card or can I use the SIM card fitted in my iPhone 5c in my Galaxy S5
- 1.9 I have a Galaxy S3 mini, will it transfer OK to the Android S5?
- 1.10 My iPhone 5 just died and I wanted to transfer my number and data to my old Samsung S4?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
Moving my iPhone 5S SIM card to my Samsung Galaxy S5?
I put my iPhone 5S SIM card in an adapter to put into my Samsung Galaxy S5. It will let me make calls but I cannot text.
The SIM card adapter you purchased to put your Apple iPhone 5S' SIM card into your Samsung Galaxy S5 will only put the SIM card in the correct place in your Galaxy S5 so it can be used to connect your new phone to your mobile network. However, your SIM card is still provisioned for use in an iOS device. In other words, not all of your Galaxy S5's phone functions will work properly since it is an Android phone with an iOS SIM card installed. To fix this issue, do the following:
- Call your carrier.
- Tell them you're switching from an iPhone to an Android phone.
- At this point, they will tell you they are switching your data plan from an iPhone plan to an Android plan. Keep in mind that this does not put any additional fees on your bill.
- Once they're done, restart your phone.
That's it. Your phone will now work the way it's supposed to.
Temporarily needing to use Samsung Galaxy S2 because iPhone 5S got wet?
I have an older phone handy that I'd like to use while my iPhone is drying out and until I can get a replacement in (I have insurance, but the problem is the weekend). I know that iPhone 5S uses a smaller SIM card than my old Galaxy, so I'm not sure what the first step is for trying to temporarily use an older phone. Do I need to find one of my old SIM cards that I used when I had the Samsung (it's not in there right now)? Or do I need to take it to T-Mobile? Also, how do you tell T-Mobile "I want this phone to ring now instead of that phone when my number is called" Is that something the carrier has to do or can I do that by myself somehow?
Only one SIM card can be active with the number that you own. You will have several options in this situation (note that you have to own the SIM card and present your ID when contacting T-Mobile):
- asking T-Mobile to block the older card and reissue a new nano-SIM;
- asking T-Mobile to block the older card, reissue a new nano-SIM, and buy an adapter for your nano-SIM card so that you will be able to insert it into Samsung Galaxy S2 later on;
- taking the SIM card out of S2 and cutting it (follow our tutorial for that or just bring it to a phone store where it is possible to cut it).
We recommend blocking the old SIM, issuing a nano-SIM, and using an adapter. This will ensure that the SIM card size is perfect for both phones, that you will have a nano-SIM with a micro- and normal-size adapter for any future phones, and that any carrier-related upgrades are provided to you with the new SIM card (for example, something like 4G that might have been not available for normal-size SIM cards in the past).
SIM card transfer doesn't work. Both phones are Samsung and both are Verizon phones?
My Note3 died and I have a replacement on the way. Until then I want to run my old Samsung Stratosphere. I was told take the SIM card from the Note3 and put it into the Stratosphere and it would work. It doesn't. No Cell network shown. Both are Verizon Phones.
Was the SIM card activated before you switched? Go into your Settings to Mobil Networks and make sure that you are set to run on CDMA which is what Verizon uses. If you used the Stratosphere in the past without a SIM then it can be put into Global mode and not CDMA. Your SIM card might be loose in the Stratosphere and to correct that just take a piece of paper and place it on top of the SIM card.
See more questions like this: I just received a new Galaxy S5 in the mail, it came with all of the equipment as well as a new SIM card...do I need to transfer my old SIM card from my old Galaxy S4 into the S5, or use the new SIM card that Verizon sent with my new phone
Can I safely move the SIM card from my AT&T iPhone to my US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3?
I used to be with a different phone carrier and the phone that I used was a Samsung Galaxy S3 but I switched to AT&T and bought my first iPhone. I absolutely hate it!. My question is, can I safely move the SIM card from my iPhone to my Samsung Galaxy S3I without damaging the SIM card or phone.
It will not work because AT&T phones operate on GSM while US Cellular phones operate on CDMA like Verizon.
See more questions like this: Are Samsung Galaxy S3 and iPhone 6 compatible with one another's SIM cards
Hi, I would like to know if Samsung Galaxy 111 mini SIM can fit iPhone 4S thanks?
Hi, I would like to know if Samsung Galaxy 111 mini SIM can fit iPhone 4S thanks
No, the Samsung 3S Mini uses a Standard SIM while the iPhone 4S uses a Micro SIM. SIM cards come in three sizes and your devices are not compatible without an additional adapter.
Will a SIM from a Samsung GT S5830i work in an iPhone 4 8GB?
Looking to get an iPhone but keep the £10 month SIM
Different SIM card sizes for this device. You will need to a new contract for the iPhone unfortunately. Where you currently are under contract may give you the same deal if you request.
Can I switch SIM cards from a Samsung S3 to an iPhone 5 without cutting? or does Verizon give you one?
Samsung S3 is completely broken and trashed, received iPhone today
If you are getting the phone directly from Verizon then it will have a SIM card locked to Verizon within the phone. It is standard when purchasing under contract with a cellphone carrier.
I have an iPhone 5c and my carrier is Straight Talk. I am purchasing a Galaxy S5 tomorrow through Straight Talk and am wondering am I going to have to buy another SIM card or can I use the SIM card fitted in my iPhone 5c in my Galaxy S5
I have an iPhone 5c and my carrier is Straight Talk. I am purchasing a Galaxy S5 tomorrow through Straight Talk and am wondering am I going to have to buy another SIM card or can I use the SIM card fitted in my iphone5c in my Galaxy S5
You will need a new SIM. One uses a Nano SIM while the other uses a Micro SIM. In the past when I had a Straight Talk phone the help desk in Walmart swapped out the SIM for free when I requested.
I have a Galaxy S3 mini, will it transfer OK to the Android S5?
Will I be able to transfer the SIM card with the same service provider I have; AT&T. I have tried: Nothing I do not have the S5 yet
The devices do not have the same size of SIM installed. AT&T will provide you a new SIM if you have the S5 under contract with them.
My iPhone 5 just died and I wanted to transfer my number and data to my old Samsung S4?
MY iPhone 5 went through the wash and is dead, need to transfer my number and data to my Samsung S4 SIM. Both SIM cards are with the same carrier and I originally did this the opposite way when I got the iPhone
As long as the SIM is not damaged then you can use it however, most data is not saved to the SIM. It goes on the SD card so that is what you would need to transfer. Even then you would have had to save data like apps and photos to the SD card previously.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: Maria, VisiHow, fak39101