Move and Delete Start Tiles on Windows Mobile 10 with a Microsoft Lumia
Edited by Train Wreck, VisiHow, Eng
When you update your Microsoft Lumia smartphone to Windows Mobile 10, one of the things that changes is the start tiles. The reason they change is that the update removes a number of custom installed applications that either don't function with the update or don't meet Microsoft's security standards. When this happens, your start screen can end up looking a little ugly. You will have a lot of empty spaces where your programs used to be pinned to the start menu. They show up as black squares, and that looks terrible. In the following tutorial, we are going to show you how to arrange your start tiles on Windows Mobile 10. We will be using a Microsoft Lumia 535; however, any Microsoft Lumia phone that supports Windows 10 will work for this. If you need to know which phones work for Windows 10 or you'd like to update your Microsoft Lumia to Windows 10, then please follow the link to our tutorial on how to update a Lumia to Windows Mobile 10.
Move or Rearrange Tiles in WM10
Rearranging tiles in Windows Mobile 10 allows you to place important tiles in areas that are easy for you to access. It also lets you customize the screen by placing your icons in areas that you like. Some people choose to make patterns, while others download third-party applications that allow them to actually make complete pictures, which we discuss in our tutorial on how to add image background apps to WM10 start tiles.
Resize Tiles on the WM10 Start Screen
One of the great things about the Windows Mobile 10 start screen is the ability to resize tiles. You can increase or decrease the size of tiles to suit your needs. This allows you to rearrange or customize the start screen to your own individual taste.
Remove Start Tiles from WM10
Now that you're familiar with how to move tiles in Windows Mobile 10, we are going to discuss how to remove them. If you're concerned that removing a tile will delete the associated application, don't worry. The tiles do not get deleted when you remove them. They simply move back into the application list. We will discuss how to add new tiles in the next section of this tutorial.
Add New Tiles to the WM10 Start Screen
Many times you'll download a new application to your Microsoft Lumia and find that it is not on the start screen. This can be frustrating. In fact, if you don't know how to get the application on your start screen, it can be downright maddening. Fortunately, it's very easy to add new tiles to the start screen, as we will discuss below.
- 5Congratulations!You have successfully added a new icon to the start screen of your Microsoft Lumia phone running Windows Mobile 10.Advertisement
- Remember that phone operating systems are regularly updated. This means that the location of certain items and features can change. However, general functionality tends to remain the same. That means that even if you're using a newer version of WM10, you should still be able to manage your start tiles using the same tips provided in this guide.
- Keep in mind that many times a problem with your Lumia can be fixed by simply restarting the phone. To restart your Microsoft Lumia, simply press and hold the power button and then swipe down on the screen. This will turn off the phone. Then, you can press and hold the power button to turn it on again.
- If you have restarted your Lumia and are still experiencing problems moving or resetting tiles, then make sure that your phone is running the latest updates. We have a guide on how to update your Microsoft Lumia to Windows mobile 10, which was linked at the beginning of this tutorial. Please scroll up to the beginning of this guide and follow that link or just click here.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Nokia
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Train Wreck