Merge your subtitles with movie file VLC Media Player vs MKVMerge Software
Edited by Ronniel Javier, Lynn, Alma, Lister Jhan Dugho and 16 others
Many people love to watch movies, and subtitles may be needed for you to able to understand, especially if the sound and video quality are bad, or if your hearing is not great. When you turn on subtitles in the movies that you watch, it can help you to understand the whole movie story. If you want or need subtitles on the movies you watch, you can merge the subtitle file to your MKV file so that the subtitles will always be available to you. You will need an MKV file of your movie for this merging process will work. But don't worry if your movie file is not MKV because you can convert it to an MKV file.
We've included an additional method using VLC Media Player, which is also free, and will work with multiple video formats, not just MKV. Remember that you need to have your subtitle file (SRT file) in the same location as your video file, and they both have to have identical filenames.
Method 1: VLC Media Player
- 18You should see your subtitles displayed along with the dialogue.To make sure your subtitles are hardcoded, open the video file in VLC.
Method 2: MKVMerge Software
- 1This software is free, and you can get it at http://matroska.org/node/50.MKVMerge Software.Advertisement
- 2There is a paid version available, but the free version is good enough. Get it at http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/.Video Converter Software.
- 3Just search the subtitle file on Google.(Note: The subtitle should match the charset so that it will able to synchronize the voice and the text subtitle.Your Movie and Subtitle File.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Other way around
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 How to combine movie and subtitle YIFY files?
- 3.2 How to merge subtitle with movie?
- 3.3 Add the subtitles and watch movies without converting anything?
- 3.4 How can I find the AVC converter program?
- 3.5 Is there a way I can add subtitles to a movie that I want to burn on a Blu-ray?
- 3.6 Merging sub to a movie and play it on a LED TV?
- 3.7 I have an .mkv file and .srt file. I want to watch the movie with subtitles?
- 4 Comments
- 1If you already have the MKV movie file, that's good! Then skip this. If you have an FLV, MP4, AVI, or MPEG4 movie file, then you must convert it to an MKV file, using the software mentioned in the requirements section above.Convert Your Movie to MKV File.
Other way around
How it is done
- 2Choose the desired video.
Questions and Answers
How to combine movie and subtitle YIFY files?
You will have to download subtitles directly from YIFY. You don't have to do anything else. You can just download the subtitles along with the movie.
You can see the Download Subtitles tab on the site itself.
When downloading from YIFY, you should see an option to "Download Subtitles". It will be at the top to the right of the movie cover.
How to merge subtitle with movie?
Hi can you help me to combine movies with subtitle if they are two different files, as I want to play via my TV through pen drive.
Nowadays the most formats of the movies are in MKV extensions meaning Matroska. It is quite popular for it is quite small but has high pixels and dimensions. The first thing to be able to merge the subtitle and your movie, you will just need some software. You could use first a video converter to be able to convert first your video file to Matroska or mkv. You can use free video converter download it here
And convert tour video file. After converting the video file, you also need an mkv merger download it here
After successfully installing the mkv merge, just simply run the software and then add your subtitle then click merge as simple as that then you're ready to go.
Add the subtitles and watch movies without converting anything?
I don't want to convert mpeg4 files, just to add the subtitles and watch movies without converting anything. is there a player for that?
To watch a movie with subtitles, you need to have the KM Player program installed on your computer. KM Player is one of the best programs for watching movies with subtitles.
If you don't have this player on your PC, follow these steps to learn how to install KM Player and use it to watch movies with subtitles:
- 1On your PC home screen, open your web browser.
- 3On the website, click on 'Download Now'.
- 4After the setup file is downloaded, open and install it on your PC.
- 5When the installation process is completed, open KM Player.
- 6To do this, drag your movie file and then drop it on the KM Player program.To play a movie, simply use drag and drop.
- 8Once on the SubScene website, type your movie title in the search bar and click on the 'Subtitle Search'.
- 9Select your movie from the list.
- 10Now you should see a list of subtitles for your movie, select the one you want, and click 'Download file'.
- 11After you've downloaded a subtitle for your movie, you can simply drag the subtitle file and drop it on the KM Player program to add it.
- 12Now you can enjoy watching your movie with subtitles.
If you need any additional help installing the KM Player program on your PC, let us know in the questions section.
See more questions like this: Can I download movies from Amazon Prime, convert them and add YIFY subtitles
How can I find the AVC converter program?
I need the link to download a trusted AVC program. Thanks in advance!
Here is the link to download AVC: AVC Ultimate.
Once you evaluate the program, you will need to purchase it for $49.95 on PC or $54.95 on Mac. It is available on the Any Video Converter Web page. Click "Buy Now" to purchase the fully functional version.
Is there a way I can add subtitles to a movie that I want to burn on a Blu-ray?
I have already downloaded the movie off torrents and know how to burn to Blu-ray but wanted to know if there's a way to add subtitles to the Blu-ray disc itself to show when watching the movie
There are many ways to burn a movie on a Blu-ray disc. One of the best ways is to use the Leawo Blu-ray Creator program. With this program, you can convert your MKV format movies to the Blu-ray and add subtitles to them. When the movie is converted to Blu-ray format, you can then burn it to disc. To start with, you'll need to follow the steps in our main article to convert your movie to an MKV format using the FreeMake program. After that follow the steps below on your PC to install and use the Blu-ray creator program:
- 1On your computer desktop, open a web browser.
- 3The file will automatically begin downloading to your PC.
- 4When the setup is downloaded, open and install it.
- 5Once the Blu-ray creator program is installed, open it.
- 7When the movie is added to the Blu-ray creator, click on the 'A' icon to add subtitles to your movie.
- 9If you like to edit your Blu-ray movie and add a menu, click on the 'Edit' icon, which will be on the right side of your movie, at the end of the movie timeline.
- 10Once you've edited the movie, click 'Burn'.
- 11Select your disc on the menu.
- 14Enjoy your Blu-ray movie.
If you need any extra help, let us know in the Q&A section.
Merging sub to a movie and play it on a LED TV?
Here is the case, I already downloaded the movie and the subtitle, I put them both (movie & sub) in 1 folder and download it to my USB, the movie is okay, it works but no sub appearing. Can you help me out?
Make sure your video and srt files have identical filenames.
See more questions like this: How to merge subtitle (.srt) to a movie (.avi) permanently
I have an .mkv file and .srt file. I want to watch the movie with subtitles?
How can I watch the movie with an extension .mkv and subtitle file .srt
- 2Download the codec from a mirror.
- 3Install the K-Lite Codec Pack with all of the default settings.
- 4Type "Enter".Now, press the Windows key and type "media player classic".
- 5Click "File".
- 6Click "Open File..."
- 7Click "Browse..." for the "Open" field and choose your "MKV" file.
- 8Click "File".
- 9This will show you the video with the subtitles. Note that the program will load the subtitle file if the file names match. You can always set Media Player Classic as your default video program.Click "Load Subtitle..." and select your "SRT" file.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Doug Collins, VisiHow, Aashish shrestha