Merge Layers in Photoshop CS6
Edited by Freya, Alexander Avdeev, Eng
You're watching VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how you can merge layers in Photoshop CS6 in Windows 7.
- 2Once we open Photoshop, we can either open a new document or open an existing one.There is another VisiHow video on how to do that. Once we open or create a document, the screen will look similar to the one in the tutorial. The particular document will be in the layer in the top left-hand corner. If we have other documents opened, then they will be listed along at the tab section as well.Advertisement
- 3As we will be merging layers, we need to have more than one layer in our document.We might have only one "Background" layer, which we can see by looking at the right-hand side. In this video, the "Background" layer is locked, as shown at the right-hand side. We have two identical layers on top of the "Background" layer.
- If we want to merge layers, we should consider that once we merge them, there is no way to go back if we close and reopen the document.
- Merging layers compresses them into one flat image, almost like the JPEG option will.
- If we want to keep layers, we should save as a Photoshop file. There is a VisiHow video on how to do that.
- 4We select the layers.We can click to select one layer, "Shift"-click to add all of the layers up to the selected layer, or "Ctrl"-click a layer to add it to the selection. This will select one, two, or all of them if we prefer that. Then, we can merge the selected layers. Let's select and merge the top two layers.
This is a VisiHow video. We've just shown you how you can merge layers in Photoshop CS6 in Windows 7. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to add them to the section below. We'll do our best to get back to you.
Video: Merge Layers in Photoshop CS6
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Merge Layers in Photoshop CS6. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Merge_Layers_in_Photoshop_CS6
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Merge Layers in Photoshop CS6." VisiHow, visihow.com/Merge_Layers_in_Photoshop_CS6 Accessed 24 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Merge Layers in Photoshop CS6." Accessed Mar 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Merge_Layers_in_Photoshop_CS6.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Alexander Avdeev, Freya