Meet the Challenge of Cleanliness
Edited by Debbie, Nate Pepperell, Jonathan, Christine Cruz and 2 others
Everyone wants to live in a house that is neat and clean.Why should families go to the trouble and expense to keep things that way? Because parasites and bacteria grow in dirty surroundings. Increasing populations in some cities and rural areas create health hazards. Open sewers, piles of uncollected trash, dirty communal toilets, rats that carry diseases, cockroaches and flies become common sites. What can we do in our homes and outside areas to make sure we our living in healthy and sanitary conditions?
A Clean Home Checklist
- 1Flush toilet after use.Advertisement
- 2Scrub and disinfect toilet bowl.Advertisement
- 3Wash hands with soap and water afterwards.
- 4Before preparing food always wash your hands.
- 5Keep garbage in a container with a lid.Dispose of it regularly to avoid rats and other critters.
- 6Keep dirty laundry in baskets.
- 7Wash all dirty clothes weekly.
- 8Clean cupboards and floors weekly.
- 9Wash clothes regularly.
- 10Clean floors and furniture periodically.
- 11Wash doors, walls, and light switches.
- 12Keep a floor mat at the entrance for wiping your feet.
- 13Wash Windows.
- 14Clean all pet areas and dispose of pet droppings regularly.
- 15Get rid of items you no longer use to prevent clutter.
- 16Try not to smoke in your home.
- 17Clean and disinfect the inside of your refrigerator regularly.
- 1Clean with Someone.As much as possible get a companion while cleaning. Not only that it achieve better results and less time, cleaning with someone helps you stay on track. It helps you accomplish the task while staying happy and energized.Advertisement
- 2Play some Music.Happy, energizing songs will keep you entertained and on-the-go at the same time while cleaning. This way, you won't get bored easily. Choose songs that will keep you on your feet. Stay away from lullabies.
- 3Have a Break.Once in a while, you should take a break from cleaning to recharge your energy. Even robots stop when out of battery. Eat snacks and drink refreshing water. Keep something at hand to chew while cleaning, too.
- 4Divide the Tasks.If you have someone to help you with the cleaning, divide the tasks between yourselves. If you're alone, divide the tasks according to the time and strength you got. If you can't do it all together, do it part by part. You do this part today and then clean the rest the following days.
- 5Play It Nicely.Make it a game between yourself and your companions. The one who cleaned the most will be treated a reward. That's motivation for you.
- 6Lessen the Reminiscence.There's nothing wrong with reminiscing the past especially if your memories are called upon, but it tends to slow you down greatly. As much as possible, keep it short. You can also keep tabs on it so you will be able to go back on it after cleaning.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Do not believe that only what is seen, needs to be clean.
- Get all family members to join in keeping your home clean.
- Keep the outside of your home attractive too!
- Resist the urge to hire a housekeeper for your home. You are the best person to keep your domestic affairs clean. If you do not have a housekeeper, when you see trash lying around uncollected, you know that no one will pick it up for you and throw it in the garbage can. It starts from this! Before you know it, you have swept the floor, scrubbed the tiles of your comfort rooms, washed and vacuumed the car, watered the plants, washed the dishes, and thrown out the garbage. You will feel a sense of personal accomplishment! Plus you get free exercise too!
- Dirt gets accumulated in the farthest corners, in the remotest wall edges, the ceiling parts which are hard to reach, and any part of the house that needs crouching, stretching, groping. These are parts of the house that are rarely cleaned and people usually should have the will power to move furniture, to stand on ladders and chairs, and to get their shirts dirty in order to reach these remote and hard to clean places. But cleaning these places is a must.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Health & Wellness
Recent edits by: Rebecca M., Christine Cruz, Jonathan