Meet the Challenge of Cleanliness
Edited by Debbie, Nate Pepperell, Jonathan, Christine Cruz and 4 others
Everyone wants to live in a house that is neat and clean. Why should families go to the trouble and expense of keeping things that way? It's important to keep your house clean because parasites and bacteria grow in dirty surroundings. Increasing populations in some cities and rural areas can create health hazards. Open sewers, piles of uncollected trash, dirty communal toilets, rats that carry diseases, cockroaches and flies have become commonplace.
A Clean Home Checklist
What can we do in and outside of our homes to make sure we our living in a healthy and sanitary environment?
- 1Flush toilet after use.Advertisement
- 2Scrub and disinfect the toilet bowl.Advertisement
- 3Wash hands with soap and water afterwards.
- 4Before preparing food, always wash your hands.
- 5Dispose of it regularly to avoid rats and other critters.Keep garbage in a container with a lid.
- 6Keep dirty laundry in baskets.
- 7Wash all dirty clothes weekly.
- 8Clean cupboards and floors weekly.
- 9Clean floors and furniture often.
- 10Wash doors, walls, and light switches.
- 11Keep a floor mat at the entrance for wiping your feet.
- 12Make sure people remove their shoes before entering your home.
- 13Wash Windows.
- 14Clean all pet areas and dispose of pet droppings regularly.
- 15Get rid of items you no longer use to prevent clutter.
- 16Do not smoke in your home.
- 17Clean and disinfect the inside of your refrigerator regularly.
- 18Be diligent in checking for mould and/or mildew.
- 19Be very cautions when preparing food.
- Wash cooking tools as you go.
- Wash counters.
- When preparing meat, especially chicken, clean every thing it and your hands touch immediately. Don't forget to clean the taps you turn on to clean everything else.
- Don't touch anything with contaminated hands (from raw meat). Learn to turn on taps with your elbows. The problem arises when you turn on the tap to wash your hands, and don't wash the tap. Then you turn the water off, and re-contaminate your hands.
- 1As much as possible, get a companion while cleaning. Not only will it achieve better results and take less time, cleaning with someone helps you stay on track. It helps you accomplish the task while staying happy and energized. Maybe you could make a deal with one of your friends; one day the two of you clean your house, and the next day, you both clean your friend's house.Clean with someone.Advertisement
- 2Happy, fast-tempo songs will keep you entertained and energized while you're cleaning. This way, you won't get bored easily. Choose songs that will keep you on your feet. Stay away from heart breakers, lullabies and slow songs.Play some Music.
- 3Once in a while, you should take a break from cleaning to recharge your energy. Even robots stop when their batteries run down. Eat healthy snacks and drink refreshing water. Keep something at hand to chew while cleaning, too.Take a Break.
- 4If you have someone to help you with the cleaning, divide the tasks. If you're alone, divide the tasks according to the time and strength you have. If you can't do it all together, do it one room at a time.Divide the Tasks.
- 5If you're the kind of person who likes schedules, make a list. Organizing by rooms works. Monday, bathroom, Tuesday, living room, etc.To do list.
- 6Make it a game between yourself and your companions. The one who cleaned the most will be treated a reward. This is especially effective if your kids are helping.Play It Nicely.
- 7There's nothing wrong with reminiscing about the past, but it makes for very slow progress. This usually happens when you're cleaning drawers and closets. This is why sentimental music will slow you down.Lessen the Reminiscence.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Do not believe that only what is seen, needs to be clean.
- Get all family members to join in keeping your home clean.
- Keep the outside of your home attractive too!
- Resist the urge to hire a housekeeper for your home. You are the best person to keep your domestic affairs clean. If you do not have a housekeeper, when you see trash lying around uncollected, you know that no one will picked it up for you and throw it in the garbage can. It starts from here! Before you know it, you have swept the floor, scrubbed the tiles of your comfort rooms, washed and vacuumed the car, watered the plants, washed the dishes, and thrown out the garbage. You will feel a sense of personal accomplishment! Plus you get free exercise too!
- Or, hire a housekeeper. If you have the financial means to do so, don't feel guilty about it. You are giving someone a job, helping the economy and not every person in the world loves cleaning.
- Dirt gets accumulated in the farthest corners, in the remotest wall edges, the ceiling parts which are hard to reach, and any part of the house that needs crouching and stretching. These are parts of the house that are rarely cleaned because people are too lazy to move furniture, stand on ladders and chairs, get on their hands and knees in order to reach these remote and hard to clean places. But cleaning these places is a must.
[[category:Health & Wellness]