Maximize the My Magazine
Edited by Melsan, Eng, Grimm
This article is part of the VisiHow series of tips and tricks on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Get the most from My Magazine on your Galaxy S5
The My Magazine feature can help you clear through news noise to read what you want.
One of the great new features you can find on the Samsung Galaxy S5 is the My Magazine application. This app is a news reader that can be accessed directly from your phone's home screen, and comes pre-installed. It lets you set and personalize news feeds from major and local news sources, as well as manage social news feeds, all in one place.
This guide is a walkthrough that will give some tips on how to maximize your use of My Magazine to get the most out of your phone. Detailed steps are provided below.
- 1There, you can swipe from the left edge of the screen, to the right. This will open My Magazine, and show you your news feeds.To open My Magazine, simply go to your phone home screen.Advertisement
- The two default news feeds are Arts & Culture, and Sports & Business. To get the most from My Magazine, you'll want to customize what feeds you see when you open My Magazine.
- 3The selections include:Once you have selected 'Settings', you can add more feeds.
- Food & Dining
- News and Noteworthy
- Photos & Design
- SINA Weibo
- Technology & Photography
- Today's Picks
- 4This is done by placing a check mark in the 'Auto refresh on opening' box, and tapping 'OK'.After you have selected your own feeds, remember to Auto Refresh.
- Keep in mind that My Magazine also adds new feeds from time to time, so you may be able to access additional feeds as the application matures and grows to encompass a larger body of content and news distribution channels.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Eng, Melsan