Manually Install 4.4.2 (Kitkat) on Galaxy Note 2
Edited by Melsan, Anonymous, Eng, Dougie and 10 others
Do you still have your Samsung Galaxy Note2 or are you still using your Samsung Galaxy Note2? Do you still have the phone on 4.3 or Jelly Bean? This article will help you learn how to install 4.4.2, known as Kitkat Operating System for your mobile phone. You can do it manually, by OTA (Over The Air) or by using your Samsung Kies. The steps you are about to take depend on your preference when updating your mobile phone. Before you begin, it is important that you know and understand the new features of the 4.4.2 or Kitkat that you are about to install on your phone. Please note that this is the official update for your mobile phone that has a build number of N7100XXFUND3, this is applicable for international version of Note2 that has a model number of GT-N7100
- 1 Kitkat's New Features
- 2 Install Manually
- 3 OTA Update
- 4 Using Samsung Kies
- 5 Other Related Topics
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 Can you tell me, how can I save my data while upgrading?
- 6.2 How to update Note2 manually. My phone is not showing official update?
- 6.3 How do I back up files using Kies?
- 6.4 I have installed another operating system in my Note2?
- 6.5 How to install kitkat4.4.2. Please help me?
- 6.6 My Galaxy Note2 crashed, its operating system?
- 6.7 Need to install new Android Lollipop version on my Samsung Galaxy Note2?
- 6.8 Why does my Samsung Note2 fail to flash with ODIN?
- 6.9 I'm having trouble updating my Samsung Note2 to Kitkat. I need your help on the step by step process on how to install Kitkat on my device, please help me?
- 6.10 I cannot find it, please help me by sending a direct and active download page?
- 6.11 My Note2 os not running not download from Samsung site?
- 6.12 I am trying to manually install Kitkat on my Galaxy Note2 phone and I am using ODIN, but for some reason I don't think ODIN and my phone are talking to each other even though I am following all the instructions, did I miss something?
- 6.13 Hey my Note2 won't work update by itself or by Samsung Kies .. ^^?
- 7 Comments
Kitkat's New Features
New Voice Search
Although this feature is not new to smart phones, with the new voice search for your Android phone, you can do it from your phone home screen. Just say "OK Google" and speak the phrase or words that you want to search - simple and efficient.
Multitasking has been enhanced from this update where the phone runs faster while browsing and listening music at the same time.
The phone will now automatically prioritize the contact/s you talk to the most and they will appear on screen automatically.
All messages are in Place
Remember with the older version of Android firmware that whenever your friend sent you an MMS message and SMS, they were being separated, while this update will make one room for the same contact you were conversing with, where MMS and SMS are placed in one place.
Google Keyboard/ Emoji
The update includes Emoji keyboard where you can insert images using Google Keyboard.
Aside from these features, there are a lot of enhancements and cool features that have been added to your mobile phone. To update and explore these features and others, you may refer to the steps below:
- 1Enable the USB debugging on your phone first by going to settings and your About Phone and tap the build number 7 times to reach the developer options available and enable.Advertisement
- 2Backup your phone data first to ensure you to keep the files in tact by simply restoring them on the phone afterward.You can use your Samsung Kies to do this. If you have the phone being rooted, all of your installed custom ROMs, Custom recovery or Clockwork MOD and other will be lost.Advertisement
- 3Download the Firmware package for your phone.You can download the Kitkat package from this Kitkat LINK
- 4In order for you to flash your phone with the official firmware for Kitkat.You need to download the ODIN Version 3 from this Link
- 5Once you have downloaded the file, just extract it then you need to run the program as an administrator.
- 6You need to boot the download mode on your phone by simply turning it off, then press and hold Volume down, Home button then power at the same time and press volume up once you have the warning message.
- 7Connect the phone to your computer via USB once you have the download mode on your phone screen.
- 8On the ODIN, click the AP button and select the firmware package from the one you downloaded, the .tar.md5 extension.Check the box for the Auto Reboot and F. Reset time is checked and leave the reset as is.
- 9Once you see a green bar that says pass on screen, then it has been successfully flashed and updated.Now the phone will reboot itself and your phone is now on 4.4 or Kitkat.
This update can only be done once your phone is connected to a WiFi network. If your phone is connected to a mobile data, switch to WiFi to proceed or else it will keep on asking you to connect the mobile phone to the WiFi. If you do not have WiFi connection at home but have another Android phone, you can simply enable tethering on that phone for you to update the phone. Here are the steps:
- 1On your phone, Tap Applications.Advertisement
- 2After the Applications, Tap the Settings.
- 3On the Settings, Tap on About Device.
- 4Now Tap the Software Update.
- 5Wait for the phone to scan and install it after.
Using Samsung Kies
Use Samsung Kies by downloading it from Samsung itself. If you still have the installer on hand then you can simply run the installer and have it on your computer, once it has been installed. Here are the steps that you need to perform:
Download the Kies HERE if you do not have one.
- 1Install the Samsung Kies on your computer and enable the USB debugging on phone.Do not launch the program yet.
- 2Connect the phone via USB cord on your computer while it is on.
- 3Launch the program on your computer.Once the program has been launched, it will automatically ask you to install.
- 4Click the box that I have read terms and condition to continue and wait until it has done its thing.After the process, you can restart the phone or let the phone restart it self.
Other Related Topics
Questions and Answers
Can you tell me, how can I save my data while upgrading?
Before you upgrade anything, download and install Samsung Kies on your computer. Plug your device into your computer with its original USB cable and transfer all the data you want to save before you begin the upgrading procedure. Once you upgrade, the data will be wiped from your phone; if you used Kies, it'll be on your computer for you to retrieve after the upgrade.
How to update Note2 manually. My phone is not showing official update?
Give me an answer. How to update Note2 manually .My phone is not showing official update
You can now upgrade the Note2 with Lollipop 5.0.2 and bypass the previous OS versions. Follow the initial steps in the article on this page to see how to root your phone and begin the process. Your phone will need to be the N7100 version of the Note2 although this was the most popular version produced. In Settings, go to About Phone and you will see which version you have. The firmware can be found here. You will also need to install the Google App Package. This will give you features like Google Voice and other Google App integrations for Lollipop OS.
See more questions like this: How to update Note2 to Kitkat?
How do I back up files using Kies?
Don't know how to use Kies. I have tried: Hit build number 7 times
Once you have installed Kies on your PC, you open the Program and go to Back Up/Restore. Choose the Back Up. Install the update and then connect again to Kies to choose Restore.
I have installed another operating system in my Note2?
I have installed another operating system in my Note2 and I have my old operating file in my computer how can I reinstall it in my device
You can reinstall the older OS just like you would any new OS. You might want to see first if there is a better upgraded version for you.
See more questions like this: How can I replace operating system of Note2 n7100?
How to install kitkat4.4.2. Please help me?
Hi, I had upgraded to Lollipop, but it is not working correctly. If I open camera, set will restart, so thinking to install Kitkat only. Please help me
The article on this page has links for the Kitkat 4.4.2 OS that you can use. Follow the process exactly so that you do not brick your Note2. Before doing this, see if there is an update patch released by Samsung for the Lollipop OS. Updato is an excellent app for Samsung devices in Google Play. This app will find any updates available for the OS as well as any compatible new OS versions for your device.
See more questions like this: How to download Kitkat 4.4.2 for Note2?
My Galaxy Note2 crashed, its operating system?
My Galaxy Note2 crashed the OS and its not showing the product name. I have tried: Reinstalling the OS using the Kies software but nothing changed. I think it was caused by: My phone downloaded a certain application that caused it to freeze, then I switched the phone off by removing the battery If you are suspecting an app, isolate it in Applications Manager and Uninstall or hard reset the device. If you Uninstall then you will want to put your phone into Recovery Mode and choose Wipe Cache Partition and Clear Dalvik Cache. This will remove any conflicts and your phone should work properly.
Need to install new Android Lollipop version on my Samsung Galaxy Note2?
Hi, I am using Galaxy Note2, unfortunately my mobile was restarted and hanged again and again. Now I am not able to access, if I press the power on button only Samsung popup screen get displayed, please help me to install new Android Lollipop version on my Samsung Galaxy Note2 Remove the battery and plug the phone into your charger. Hold down the Volume Down button when you insert the USB connection of the charger. Wait one hour before replacing the battery and turning the phone on. Follow the procedure above to Wipe Cache Partition and Clear Dalvik Cache. If you still have an issue then hard reset the device and install new firmware.
See more questions like this: How to reinstall Samsung Note2 software after the software got crashed?
Why does my Samsung Note2 fail to flash with ODIN?
I've tried to flash the official firmware because I screwed up my efs but when I try flashing, it stops in the middle and displays "FAIL". What should I do?
Remove the battery for 5 minutes. Insert the battery and then hold down Power, Volume Down, and Home buttons. This will put you into download mode. Try the process again. Hopefully, it works and you have not bricked your device.
I'm having trouble updating my Samsung Note2 to Kitkat. I need your help on the step by step process on how to install Kitkat on my device, please help me?
I'm having trouble updating my Samsung Note2 to Kitkat. I need your help on the step by step process on how to install Kitkat on my device, please help me
In addition to the steps provided in the article on this page, watch this YouTube Tutorial on how to update the Note2 to Kitkat OS.
I cannot find it, please help me by sending a direct and active download page?
I cannot find it, please help me by sending a direct and active download page
SamMobile has current firmware downloads or you can try the Updato app posted above. When choosing the firmware it is important to select the one for your specific version of the Note2.
My Note2 os not running not download from Samsung site?
Crop my Note2 OS or not download from site. I have tried: Samsung site has not been download file or not registration site my ID. I think it was caused by: Android not starting in my cell only blink logo Samsung
Use SamMobile to find your firmware. The registration is easy and the firmware is there. Hopefully, you have not bricked your device and will be able to download the correct OS.
I am trying to manually install Kitkat on my Galaxy Note2 phone and I am using ODIN, but for some reason I don't think ODIN and my phone are talking to each other even though I am following all the instructions, did I miss something?
I have my phone connected, I have the right boxes checked in ODIN, I have my phone in reboot mode and it says "DOWNLOADING, do not turn off target". I have tried: I have my phone backed up, I've followed the step by step on the visi how page.. I think it was caused by: I don't think I understand the steps properly. It may be that it tells me to do something and I'm not familiar with phone tampering enough.
Did you enable USB Debugging before you began the process? Also, it can take awhile to install the new updated OS. Please refer to the YouTube Tutorial posted above in the answers to see if you missed a step. It will help you to visually see the process if you are not familiar with technical aspects of a device.
See more questions like this: My phone seems to have corrupt software and I want to re install the software?
Hey my Note2 won't work update by itself or by Samsung Kies .. ^^?
Hey my Note2 won't work update by itself or by Samsung Kies .. ^^ Here are some troubleshooting suggestions:
- 1The update needs to be available in Kies.
- 2Your firewall may be stopping the process.
- 3Make sure you have the latest version of Kies and that there are no available updates for Kies.
- 4Put your phone into Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition to ensure there is nothing blocking residually the installation.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Yoko, Igor5770, Nuance