Manage or Change Shared Folder Permissions in Dropbox with a Web Browser and Windows 8
Edited by Grimm, Amanda, Eng, Anonymous and 3 others
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how you can change the permissions of a folder you've shared in Dropbox using an Internet web browser and your Windows 8 computer.
- 3Find the shared folder for which we will change permissions.In this case, it's our "Active" folder. In order to modify the folder, we don't simply click on the blue bar, as we've done previously. Rather, click on the actual link to the folder. The name of the folder, "Active", will underline when we move our mouse pointer over it. When that happens, give one click to open up the folder. There's nothing in ours. The bottom reads, "This folder is empty" and "Drag and drop files onto this window to upload". In other words, there's nothing here. However, under the folder name, we have two members.
- 6To edit these permissions, click on "Settings" once.It's on the right side of the folder area. Now we have options for the shared folder. Since we are the owner, we can't change the permissions for that account. We can only delete it from the shared folder. We can manage and change the second account.
- 15Let's click "Unshare folder" in the bottom left.We are told that if we unshare it, "Nobody else will be able to sync this shared folder to their Dropboxes. You'll still keep a copy of this shared folder in your Dropbox." If we had other people still listed in the folder, we could click to check the box to allow them to keep a copy of the files. We click "Unshare folder" again to confirm.
- 18This concludes our tutorial on managing permissions of folders with an Internet web browser using a Windows 8 computer on a Dropbox account.If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please leave them in the area below. Thanks for choosing VisiHow and have a great day.Advertisement
Video: Manage or Change Shared Folder Permissions in Dropbox with a Web Browser and Windows 8
Questions and Answers
How are uninvited people joining my Dropbox folder?
People have joined my team without being invited. I need to get them off the team and off my Dropbox folder. I have tried: nothing. I think it was caused by: I don't know. That's why I am writing you.
It is possible that one of the invited members who does not have a Dropbox account joined using a different e-mail address. The other possibility is one of the members invited those people by mistake.
First of all, right-click the shared folder and select "Share...". Then, click "Folder settings". Select "Only owners". Click "Save settings". You can also right-click the folder, select "Share..." If you see a link at the top, then click "Link settings..." Then, click "Delete link".
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Windows
Recent edits by: sheSEZ, Dogsrock23000, Anonymous