Manage Security and Privacy Settings in the Google Translate App on Your iPhone 6
Edited by Grimm, Imado, Eng, Inukshuk
Hello. You are watching VisiHow, and today we are going to teach you how to setup and manage the security and privacy settings on Google translate on your iPhone 6.
- 18Let us press the back arrow. We will tap on Handwriting.To be honest with you I leave all of these ON because I am not holding out signs and translating things that I really care if anyone sees, in fact, generally speaking, the only sign I might translate would be a road sign that I could not figure out myself and that has not happened yet.
- 19Handwriting is a little different because it does not actually keep the handwriting. When you are writing by hand as you can see in our other tutorial in these series of videos on how to use Google translate on your iPhone 6, you will see that each character you write will automatically jump back up to the top if the application thinks that you have entered a word, if you turn this OFF then you need to press the space bar, to confirm handwritten text, as a collective set of character. It is actually my preference to use it with the space bar provided you are not writing some crazy long manuscript or some Russian words with are 30 to 40 characters long.In this section we are confirming that each of these settings is put together in a way that we are comfortable with and that we are not worried if it might be misused or kept by Google or anyone else.
- 28wait a second I did not say that! So it is very important to learn that sometimes when a word in English might mean something rather pleasant it might mean something quite bad in another language. The word SURE in English means sure, yes, OK, i.e. 'I can do that sure', sometimes it can mean something bad, or not good too, i.e. 'like do you want to be punished?' and the teenager says: Sure in which case they will definitely get him punished. In Chinese however it is a bad word which most children refer to as number 2. So there are times where you will want to make sure that your translation does not have bad words in it if you turn OFF bad words you are never going to learn that stuff. Tap on the back arrow again.The reason I turned it OFF is not because I use offensive words or because I don't use offensive words, but rather I am interested in seeing how the program functions, how it works and at least in my native language I am not expecting to accidently say a bad word, and if I accidently say a bad word in a foreign language and I am then translating my text back into English before sending them on, or saying anything with them, I will see that bad word and I will say:
- 29We can now press the home button. This will take us back the home screen of our lovely iPhone 6.So this is how you set up the Security Settings on your phone, and it is important that you do this before you start doing a lot of translations, because the camera input option is going to retain your photos.
- 30Thanks a lot for choosing VisiHow, have a great day. We will be seeing you in some of other videos in this series where you will learn to become an expert in using Google Translate.This concludes our tutorial on how to set up and use the Google Translate function specifically the Security Settings on your iPhone 6.Advertisement
Video: Manage Security and Privacy Settings in the Google Translate App on Your iPhone 6
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Manage Security and Privacy Settings in the Google Translate App on Your iPhone 6. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Manage_Security_and_Privacy_Settings_in_the_Google_Translate_App_on_Your_iPhone_6
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Manage Security and Privacy Settings in the Google Translate App on Your iPhone 6." VisiHow, visihow.com/Manage_Security_and_Privacy_Settings_in_the_Google_Translate_App_on_Your_iPhone_6 Accessed 27 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Manage Security and Privacy Settings in the Google Translate App on Your iPhone 6." Accessed May 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Manage_Security_and_Privacy_Settings_in_the_Google_Translate_App_on_Your_iPhone_6.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Eng, Imado, Grimm