Manage Contacts on Sony Xperia ZL, Z, T and J
Edited by Charmed, Eng, Denisolyanyuk, Calob Horton and 2 others
Whenever we get a new phone, it takes some time to get used to the feel of it, being so accustomed to the device we've been using. When you purchase a new phone, something we consider as basic as entering "Contacts", are not as straightforward as we think. We all need help familiarizing ourselves with a new device, especially if what we're trying to do, isn't in the phone's manual.
In this article we will show you how to manage your contacts, like adding, deleting, syncing, sharing and any other functions available to you on your Sony Xperia ZL, Z, T and J. Some suggestions in this VisiHow article may also apply to other Sony Xperia models.
- 1 Adding Contacts
- 2 Delete Contact
- 3 Sync Microsoft Outlook Contacts
- 4 Display a Contact in the Contact Application
- 5 Send a Contact
- 6 Send More Than One Contact at a Time
- 7 Export Contact to Memory Card
- 8 Export to SIM Card
- 9 Search Contact
- 10 Add a Picture to a Contact
- 11 Receive Contact Via Bluetooth
- 12 Receive a Contact Via Messages
- 13 Questions and Answers
- 14 Comments
- 10Your contact should will be saved on your mobile.
- 7Your contact should now be deleted from your device.
Sync Microsoft Outlook Contacts
- 1On your computer, open Microsoft Outlook.Advertisement
- 8Click "Browse", and then choose where you want to save the CSV.
- 11Open a web browser.
- 12Go to Gmail.com and then sign in to your Gmail account.
- 13beside Gmail on the upper left corner.Click the "Down Arrow:
- 16(This varies on the format of your Gmail Account).Click "Browse" or "Choose File".
- 18Your contacts should now be imported to your Gmail Account.
- 22Tap your "Google Account / Email".
- 23Tap the Menu icon in the upper right corner of your mobile (vertical triple dot icon).
- 24Tap "Sync Now".
- 25Your Microsoft Outlook contacts should now be synced to your Sony Xperia Mobile.
Display a Contact in the Contact Application
- 4A list will appear Now you can choose who you want to appear in your contact application. Tap "OK".Tap "Filter".
Send a Contact
- 4Tap "Send Contact".
- 5Tap 'OK'.
- 6Select what type of method you want to use to send your contacts.There should be screen instructions.
Send More Than One Contact at a Time
- 4From the menu options, tap "Mark Several".
- 5Select the contacts you want to send to or tap "All" if you want to send all your contacts.
- 6There should be screen instructions so you can select what method you want to use to send to your contacts.
Export Contact to Memory Card
- 4From the menu option, tap "Back up Contacts".
- 5Tap "SD card", then tap "OK".
Export to SIM Card
- 4From the menu option, tap "Back up Contacts" then tap "SIM Card".
- 5If you want to export all your contacts, then select "Mark All".Select the contacts you want to export.
- 6Tap "Back Up".
- 7Select "Add Contacts" to save your contacts to your SIM card.
- 8If you want to erase and replace all your contacts, select "Replace All Contacts".
- 3All the contact names that match will then be filtered.In the search box (where the magnifying glass icon is), type the name of the contact.
Add a Picture to a Contact
- 5Tap the "Blue Photo" icon and add the picture you want to add to your contact.
- 6After you add a picture tap 'Done'.
Receive Contact Via Bluetooth
- 1First you have to make sure that Bluetooth is enabled.
- 5After you enable Bluetooth, you should be ready to receive a contact via Bluetooth.
- 6Once the other party's device sends the contact to your mobile, you should receive a message asking if you want to receive the file.
- 7To receive the file tap "Accept".
Receive a Contact Via Messages
- 1When someone sends you a message with their contact information, it is normally attached as a "Vcard".
- 2Open the message that contains the Vcard.
- 3Tap and hold the Vcard attachment for the contact details to load.
- 4Open the menu, to save the contact details on your mobile.
- 5If someone sends you a business card, follow the same process as listed above to save the contact to your phones.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
In contacts, name and surname are separated by a comma, can it be removed?
Yes, you can change your Sony Xperia's contacts list to sort by first name. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Go into your Contacts application.
- Tap your "Menu" key.
- Tap "Filter".
- Tap "Sort List By".
- Tap "First Name First".
Now your device's contacts will be sorted by your contacts' first name and the comma will be gone.
How to save contacts on Xperia Z3?
My contacts are saved by surname format, and I want to search and store by first initial?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Sony
Recent edits by: GEMMA, Calob Horton, Denisolyanyuk