Manage Contacts on Samsung Galaxy S5
Edited by Jaheim Martin, Dougie, kbaby, Grimm and 19 others
- 1 Samsung's most powerful for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processors, camera, and health features. We have all the tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5.
- 2 Create a new contact on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 3 Edit Contacts on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 4 Delete Contacts on Samsung Galaxy S5
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
Samsung's most powerful for 2014 has arrived! Samsung Galaxy S5 is packed with one of the most powerful processors, camera, and health features. We have all the tutorials, instructions and tips on how to get the most out of your phone on this Category:All About Samsung Galaxy S5.
Samsung Galaxy S5's Contacts feature allows you to save important details for people who matter to you. Using Contacts, you can save a person's name, address, cellphone number, home number and other personal information about the person. Aside from saving the details, you also manage your contacts, edit, delete and Backup Data on Samsung Galaxy S5.
Create a new contact on Samsung Galaxy S5
To add a new contact and details to it, follow these procedures:
- 5Tap on the selection to proceed.You will be asked to choose where to save the new contact.
- Choose Device to save the contact on your phone. If you save the contact to your phone's memory, that contact will not be backed up.
- Choose Samsung account to save the contact to your Samsung account and sync it to your phone. You need to Create a Samsung Account on Samsung Galaxy S5 to be able to do this.
- Choose Google to save the contact to your Google account and sync it to your phone. You need to Setup Google Account on Samsung Galaxy S5 to be able to do this.
Edit Contacts on Samsung Galaxy S5
To edit and manage the save contacts on your Samsung Galaxy S5, follow these procedures:
Delete Contacts on Samsung Galaxy S5
Questions and Answers
How do you edit the Notes section of a contact on the S5?
I have about 25 lines of Notes on a contact. When I touch the edit icon, only the most recent two lines appear and are editable. The remaining lines cannot be seen or edited.
Editing the notes section of a contact on the Samsung Galaxy S5 can be a bit tricky if you have more than a few lines. Here are two ways you can edit the notes:
- 1This will let you edit it, and then you can copy the edited text and paste it back into the contact.Using a text editor, select all of the note text, and then copy it, pasting the note into a text editor on your phone.
- 2Using this method, you will be able to directly edit your contacts, and make any changes or additions to the notes that you need to make.Log into your Google Account and manage your contacts.
I'm looking for a PC contact manager for my S5?
Kies used to do it and now Kies 3 does not. So basically I'm looking for iTunes type software for the S5, that not only handles contacts but music, apps, games, etc
One of the best programs to edit and manage your contacts, including backing them up, is AirDroid. Other useful features of this program include:
- Manage your text messages: With AirDroid you can actually send messages directly from your computer.
- Use your phone camera: You can access your Samsung Galaxy S5 camera directly from your PC. This will let you take photos or record a video.
- Install and uninstall App: With this program, you can manage the Apps on your Samsung Smartphone.
- Move files between your PC and your phone easily: You can use drag and drop to share files between your Samsung GS5 and your computer.
- Managing contacts: You can edit, add, delete, and backup your contacts.
There are also many other great features of this program.
In order to install and use this program, read our great VisiHow article on how to use AirDroid: Wirelessly Manage Your Android from a Web Browser with the AirDroid program.
If you have any additional questions, let us know in the Q&A section.
Why is my phone list not putting Dr in order when I use Dr as the first word?
How do I get my contacts to use Dr as the first word so they are all together in the same spot
You will have to change the word order.
- 1Press the home button.
- 2Tap on Contacts.
- 3Tap on the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner.
- 4Tap on "Settings".
- 5Tap on "Contacts".
- 6Set either the first or last name.Tap on "Sort by".
- 7Set it to the previous setting.Tap on "Display contacts by".Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: granbos, vc, Alma