Manage Your Email Account on the Samsung Galaxy S3 Marshmallow vs Lollipop vs Jelly Bean/Kitkat
Edited by Timbuktu, Maria, Charmed, Lynn and 19 others
These days most people don't just work on the computer; they also work using other gadgets like tablets and mobile phones. That's why most mobile phones support email applications. In this article, we will provide you with steps on how you can manage your email account by adding, deleting and changing settings.
Method 1: Marshmallow
- 1 Add Email Account and set it as Default
- 2 Create and Send an Email, Access Settings, and Remove an Account
- 3 Add Email Account and set it as Default
- 4 Create and Send an Email, Access Settings, and Remove an Account
- 5 Add POP3 Email Account on Samsung Galaxy S3
- 6 Set Default Email Account
- 7 How to Change Email Settings on Samsung Galaxy S3
- 8 Delete an Email Account in Samsung Galaxy S3
- 9 Change Settings so Emails are not Deleted from a POP3 Account
- 10 Retrieve an Email Account That Has Been Deleted From Galaxy S3
- 11 Change Password on an Existing Email Account
- 11.1 Able to Transfer Pictures from my Device to PC, but Cannot Transfer Files from PC to device
- 11.2 Can the "Email" Icon be Renamed? How?
- 12 TIPS
- 13 Questions and Answers
- 13.1 Change settings is not listed on Settings, what will I do?
- 13.2 My MSN/Live Email account stopped syncing all of a sudden.
- 13.3 There isn't a trash can in my top right corner.
- 13.4 I have changed my password on incoming and I am now attempting to change my outgoing password, but I am getting an invalid error. What do I do?
- 13.5 My email automatically removes emails into the recycle bin?
- 13.6 How do I delete emails from phone and desktop?
- 13.7 My Samsung 3 keeps sending 130.00 emails to my PC?
- 13.8 How can I enter a new password?
- 13.9 Is this option, email to send later, free?
- 13.10 I just set up a second email account on my Samsung S3, but don't know how to access it.
- 13.11 I need 2 separate email icons on my Samsung Galaxy Note3?
- 13.12 Hi, I hope you can help me.
- 13.13 How do you add a folder to save certain emails in different folders?
- 13.14 Yahoo e-mail account on Galaxy S III (AT&T network)?
- 13.15 How do you sync services?
- 13.16 You have all the answers when it comes to phones. Thank you so much!
- 13.17 Email not showing currently received.
- 13.18 It's about changing my password.
- 13.19 My S3 does not have that app.
- 13.20 How do you sync services?
- 14 Referencing this Article
- 15 Comments
Add Email Account and set it as Default
Create and Send an Email, Access Settings, and Remove an Account
Method 2: Lollipop
Add Email Account and set it as Default
Create and Send an Email, Access Settings, and Remove an Account
Method 3: Jelly Bean/Kitkat
Add POP3 Email Account on Samsung Galaxy S3
- 8Tap "Done".
- 9If this is the first email account you are adding on your mobile, then after you click "Email" on the second step, you will need to fill in and add your email and password on the next screen.
Set Default Email Account
- 5Tap the account that you want to make your default account.
- 7Your selected email should now be your default email account and be ready to use.
How to Change Email Settings on Samsung Galaxy S3
Before you go ahead and change your settings, make sure you are connected to the internet. Follow these steps.
- 5Select the email account that you want to make changes to.
- 7Edit the "SMTP" server name with the new ones.
- 8Tap "Port Field," then edit its port number.
- 9Select the "Hide Keyboard" key on the virtual keyboard.
- 10Select "Done" to save your changes.
- 11Your changes on the selected email account have been saved.
Delete an Email Account in Samsung Galaxy S3
Some people set so many email accounts in their phones, some of which are completely useless. The following steps will guide you in deleting these accounts.
- 6Once the box is checked, tap "Delete."Tap to select the account you wish to delete.
- 8If you wish to remove another email account, go back and repeat the above steps.Your email account will then be removed.
Change Settings so Emails are not Deleted from a POP3 Account
While the built in email app on the Galaxy S3 is an excellent starting point for sending and receiving emails on the go, some users may find the lack of features limiting to their needs. A common problem is when setting up a POP3 account in the default app and syncing your emails, the mail will no longer be available on the server. So when syncing another device for the same account or checking the account through your provider's website, you will find that the messages showing on the S3 are no longer available there. If you are using a Gmail account, there is an easy workaround; just follow the steps below.
- 1Once you are at your inbox, click on the Settings wheel in the top right corner and then click "Settings". From the Settings menu, you will see a tab for "Forwarding and POP/IMAP". Click this to continue.Go to Gmail on a computer and log in to your account.
- 2Under the drop down box, select "Keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox" or "Mark Gmail's copy as read", which will both leave a copy on the server for you to sync with other devices or read on the Gmail website, even after you have received them on your Galaxy phone. Click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the window and you're done.From this tab, you will see settings for "POP Download".
For those users who do not have a Gmail account, there are other options, although it is recommended to use a Gmail account with the S3 Email App or official Gmail App for a hassle free experience. Some ISP's offer a similar functionality in your mail account setup as the steps listed above. Contact your provider to find out more. For those looking for a full featured mail app with such settings built in, just search "email" in the Google Play Store and find an app that interests you or try out the top rated MailDroid or K-9 Mail.
Retrieve an Email Account That Has Been Deleted From Galaxy S3
If you want to retrieve a deleted email account, you need to have Android Data Recovery software. Not only can you retrieve lost email accounts, but also deleted text messages and contacts. You can download free trial versions of the software on the net, either for Windows or Mac.
- 1After launching Wondershare Dr.Phone for Android, you'll get the primary window below. Connect your Android device to the computer via a USB cable.Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 to your computer.
- 2Now you need to enable USB debugging on your device. Follow the detailed expression in the window to set it now.Enable USB debugging.
- For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" > Click "Applications" > Click "Development" > Check "USB debugging."
- For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" > Click "Developer Options" > Check "USB Debugging."
- For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" > Click "About Phone" > Tap "Build Number" several times until you get a note that says, "You are under developer mode." > Back to "Settings" > Click "Developer Options" > Check "USB Debugging."
- 3After you get the USB debugging down, the program begins to connect your device. Click "Start" to analyze the data on your device. *Note: Before starting, please make sure that the battery is charged to more than 20 percent to ensure a complete scan.Begin analyzing the data on your device for deleted information, including email addresses.
- 5Preview and recover.
Change Password on an Existing Email Account
- 1Go to the Home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- 2Tap on the "Apps" icon, which is on the right hand side of your Home screen.
- 3From the list, scroll down and tap on the Email icon.
- 4Tap on the menu situated at the lower left side of the screen and wait for a few seconds.
- 5A popup menu will appear immediately, and you need to scroll down on it to see "Settings".
- 6Tap on "Settings."
- 7Select and click the email account for which you want to change the password.
- 8Once you are on your selected mobile account, scroll down and go to "More settings".
- 9Under Server Settings in the More Settings, tap on the "Incoming Settings".
- 10From the Incoming Settings, go to the password field and change it.
- 11Under Server Settings of the More Settings, tap on the "Outgoing Settings".
- 12From the outgoing settings, go to the password field and change it.
- 13The password on your email as stored on your device is now changed.
- 14You may or may not find a notification later, depending on the kind of email account on which the password has been changed.
- Take note: These changes are only on the client side, i.e., will only affect the email details stored on your phone. If you want to change your email account's password, you need to do it on your provider's official site.
Able to Transfer Pictures from my Device to PC, but Cannot Transfer Files from PC to device
Transferring files from a mobile device to a PC is much easier, as there is an option set up to do this.
Transferring files from a PC into a device is possible, but the process is more difficult. However, there are ways to transfer files from your PC to the device.
- 6Tap and hold on the file and drop it right into your phone's internal or external storage. Or just right-click the files into the PC and choose copy, then paste it in your device's external storage root directory.Now, to transfer a file from a PC to your device, simply browse the files you want to be copied.
Can the "Email" Icon be Renamed? How?
- 1Once this has been done, you can then transfer it back to your phone.You can rename the email file/folder name on your Samsung Galaxy S3 by going first to a PC to rename it.
- 2After putting in the new name, you just then click OK.You can just tap the email folder on your S3 to open it, and then hold the folder title bar for a while and wait until a pop up will instruct you to rename the folder of the email icon.
- 3When it comes up, tap on it, then put a new name on the email icon.On your Samsung Galaxy S3, just do a long press on the email image icon, and then patiently wait for Renaming settings to pop up.
- 4Using this app, you just browse the files and find the file for the email icon, hold on to it for a while, and then select rename when this option pops up/appears.Another option on your Samsung Galaxy S3 is to use a file explorer or file manager app.Advertisement
- You can use this solution when you experience problems with receiving or sending of emails.
- To obtain correct email account settings, please contact your service provider.
- Contact your service provider for assistance in case you enter incorrect settings
Questions and Answers
Change settings is not listed on Settings, what will I do?
With recent updates, "Change Settings" has been removed. Still, you can change you email settings by tapping on "More Settings". The instructions above were also amended to account for these changes.
If you have updated your firmware or your firmware is a newer version when you bought it, the "Change Settings" is no longer existing because they changed it to `More Settings`. For the other settings, simply scroll over more settings and tap that for the more options.
My MSN/Live Email account stopped syncing all of a sudden.
I've played with all the Sync options and nothing seems to work. My phone probably has a virus or something because it "lost it's mind" a couple of times the other day and I had to shut it off and back on before I could do anything with it. So I downloaded Security 360 and ran the Anti-Virus software and it's been functioning OK, but slow since then. Then yesterday and today my email doesn't sync at all.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
There isn't a trash can in my top right corner.
The trash can/trash bin icon on the top right corner of Settings is still there. Check the steps again and make sure you follow them. If there is really no trash bin icon on your device, which is very highly unlikely, restart your device and try again.
If the trash can is no longer located in the top right corner of your email screen, you can find the trash by looking at the bottom of the screen and pressing on the folder. When pressing on the folder you will be able to view the trash folder.
I have changed my password on incoming and I am now attempting to change my outgoing password, but I am getting an invalid error. What do I do?
If you are getting an error while changing your password on your Outgoing Settings, then these are the possible things that you should look into:
- Check if you have entered the correct email password. Make sure you input the correct password combination, so you will not experience error messages in the outgoing settings.
- You cannot change your actual email password in the outgoing settings. You should note that if you are attempting to change your actual email account's password, then you will encounter an error. The email application on your Galaxy S3 is only an email client, i.e, all its data comes from your email provider, including the password. If you want to change your email's password, you need to go to a browser and change it from the email's official site. The "Change Password" feature on S3 mail client is only applicable when you have changed your actual email password and you need to update it to your phone's client.
- Make sure you have a working internet connection. Check if you have a working internet connection. You will encounter error in connection when you do not have internet on your phone. You can verify this by logging into a mobile site using any browser applications.
- Restart your phone. Restarting your device can do wonders. Rebooting allows your phone to refresh and start processes again.
- Delete the email and add it back again on your device. If every tip above has been followed and checked, delete your email address from your phone and set it up again. Follow the same procedures as you did before and you should be able to get back into your email.
If you are changing the option regarding when you can send out messages from your device, understand you will need to change the password on your entire email account so you will be able to send/receive easily.
My email automatically removes emails into the recycle bin?
My email will not be present after viewing and closing off the program
This error started with the update of your device, I fixed this issue by signing out of my email and signing back in with the new settings and this allowed my mail to remain in my inbox for future reading rather than being placed in the trash bin.
This is a big problem everyone is having with their email application on their device after the update has taken place. A trick I use is to save the email as a favorite so that it is not moved to the recycling bin after I have read the email.
How do I delete emails from phone and desktop?
I can delete emails on my phone, but they won't be deleted on my desktop when I log in there - same for when I delete from desktop, emails are still on my phone - I am constantly deleting emails I already read or do not want!
The reason behind this is that it takes a while for the devices to sync with each other. Give them time to synchronize with each other and do tasks on one device until it fully synchronizes with the other.
After you delete an email press the "Synchronize" button to that it is applied, not only to your device, but also to the servers of your email and other devices.
When you delete an email from your phone there is a waiting period before they are deleted online on your desktop. Allow at least 10 minutes for the server to sync with all of your accounts in order to have the email removed fully from your account.
My Samsung 3 keeps sending 130.00 emails to my PC?
My Samsung 3 keeps sending 130.00 emails to my PC but not my iPad or phone then same email twelve times and 100.00 times I don't know what to do to stop it. I rang Vodafone they said to cancel my email account on the phone and start again. I have done this but it is still happening please, someone, help!
This issue is not happening because of your device, but your email account in general. You need to visit your email website in order to change the settings that will limit how many emails will be sent out to your devices other than your inbox in your email account.
The solution to this issue is to change the settings of your email and limit the emails you send to your devices (who use the same email) other than the inbox of your email. If this is a company related email, I suggest you talk to your IT department about the correct settings.
How can I enter a new password?
I have successfully gone through all the steps, including entering my email address and NEW password. When I then click "Next," it tells me I have already used this email address and won't let me go further. Can you help me? What I want to do is keep my original email address but put in a new password.
This is because you must remove the email first before you try to change your password, go to your website where you email was created and first change the password there before entering your email address back into your device.
This is happening because your email account is already in use, also you will need to remove the account from your device and start the process again with your new password in order for you to gain access to your email account.
Is this option, email to send later, free?
How do I get an email to "send later" I see it as an option, but don't see where I can use it.
After composing your email do not send. Instead, press the menu button and select the option to schedule a time to send your email. Select this option and set a time that you'd like your email to be sent.
The option "Send Later" in your e-mail, is just a simple way to manage your e-mails. This can be used if you are planning on sending someone an email later, however, to be able to send and receive e-mails, it does usually cost a few in your account.
I just set up a second email account on my Samsung S3, but don't know how to access it.
I have an AOL account for people, and a Yahoo account for the other stuff I get like shopping. The AOL is my default account, but I still need to check the Yahoo account. I hope you can help me. Thanks.
If you are using the phone's default email app, you can switch account views from within the app. Go into your phone's settings>accounts and sync and make sure your mail settings for Yahoo are correct.
Alternatively, you can also install the Yahoo mail app and set up notifications for all your incoming mail. Check out the Yahoo mail app here:
Yes I can help you in order to switch to the other account to manage:
1. Go to your Email icon and tap it.
2. While in your emails press the Menu button.
3. Select your account from the side menu where it will be displayed
4. After selecting the account you want to monitor, you will be taken to the list of emails for that account.
I need 2 separate email icons on my Samsung Galaxy Note3?
I work for 2 companies. When I set up the email accounts they are lumped together. I need to have them separated. How would I go about doing that?
This could be happening because you have synchronized your email accounts. In order to have 2 separate accounts, uninstall the synchronized email account altogether, and then re-install each account separately. Do not synchronize those accounts and you will get 2 separate email icons.
Hi, I hope you can help me.
I have Samsung IV, trying to find the way how can I set up few email accounts.
To be able to set up multiple accounts on your phone, you will just need to download and install a third party application from Google play and manage it freely in your device.
Aqua Mail is an E-mail application for Android devices to simply exchange and manage all your e-mails accounts in your device.
How do you add a folder to save certain emails in different folders?
How do you add a folder to save certain emails in different folders?
From what I can find, there is no way to change the default save location of your emails. Even though you can't change the location, you have the option of using the default location. In order to save the email just tap the menu and the press save email. The default location is sdcard/saved email. It will be saved as a .eml file.
Yahoo e-mail account on Galaxy S III (AT&T network)?
My Yahoo e-mail account on my Galaxy S III (AT&T network) periodically does not receive e-mails that are sent to me. I do see them in my Yahoo account from a PC. A JUNK folder was also created, and many e-mails were moved from the in-box to this folder. I then installed the Yahoo mobile app. MY long question - what is the best way to have Yahoo e-mail available on my device? Thank you.
If you have the Yahoo email synced on your S3's mail app, I would suggest you undo it and stick with the Yahoo mail app instead. For some reason, when using S3's mail app with a Yahoo account added, the inbox never gets updated or syncs with the actual account when I log in on using a PC. Using the official Yahoo Mail app, though, has fixed that issue. Just make sure to keep the app updated at all times and it will sync on the PC web site as well.
How do you sync services?
In the step: "The reason behind this is that it takes a while for the devices to sync with each other. Give it some time to synchronize with each other and do tasks on one device until it fully synchronizes with the other." How do you sync services
Once you log into your device's email, you will be logged into your email account on your phone. Every time you access your email, you'll see a circle at the bottom of the menu which when pressed will sync your email with the server. This will allow you to receive your recently sent, received or deleted emails and to have them pass through your accounts servers.
You have all the answers when it comes to phones. Thank you so much!
Your site on line is absolutely fabulous and I thank you for providing all the answers when it comes to cell phone problems! I just fixed my Galaxy after finding your web site. The way you explained how to solve a matter was so perfect. I wasn't getting my email and just solved my problem thanks to you!
We are always very happy to help you out the best we possibly can. Please tell your friends about us, and come back. We will be here - ready to write the articles and answer the questions you need.
Email not showing currently received.
My email is only showing up to 3/3 and not to 4/3. I know that I have emails as I can access them when I log into a computer
Sometimes, it depends on your carrier's speed (data connection or WiFi). You will have to wait a little longer for it to completely sync all of the email on your S3. Computers are usually faster than mobile phones so there is a lag between synchronization between your PC and mobile device.
It's about changing my password.
I get to the step where I tap on my email account (under settings) and it says 'email has stopped working'. So I can't go on to change my password...
You have to try accessing that email on a regular computer as well. If it's still giving you that response, the issue is more likely with the email itself, and not with your device.
It may also help to restart your device and try again. Sometimes, this kind of error occurs when the system gets stuck.
My S3 does not have that app.
""No Email App on Phone""
It is a bit odd that you do not have an email application installed on our phone. It is a standard and a preset application that should have been installed on your mobile phone. Let's just say that your phone was from a Network Carrier as a plan phone for $35 a month, still you should have the application installed. Double check the list of applications you have on phone, if you have accidentally hidden the application. Double check it, as you may have included the email app in it.
If you have checked it already, and are still not able to see the email application on your phone, try to download an email application for your phone. If you have a Gmail email account, you may download the GMAIL email application for Android.
If you have a different email account other than the Gmail, you may download the:
How do you sync services?
In order for you to sync your email address and your services, you simply add your email account to the email application Then, every time you log out and log back in to the application, or close and re-launch the email app., it will automatically check the email database and to retrieve all the email messages that you've received on your email phone app.
Again, close and re-launch the app to sync and get the new email or the email messages that you have read before. If it is not syncing, what you need to do is to remove and add the email address and that should re-sync. It may take about a minute or less before it will sync the messages,
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
ManageYour Email Account from Samsung Galaxy S3. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/ManageYour_Email_Account_from_Samsung_Galaxy_S3
MLA (Modern Language Association) "ManageYour Email Account from Samsung Galaxy S3." VisiHow, visihow.com/ManageYour_Email_Account_from_Samsung_Galaxy_S3 Accessed 25 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "ManageYour Email Account from Samsung Galaxy S3." Accessed May 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/ManageYour_Email_Account_from_Samsung_Galaxy_S3.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Nuance, hannahbatory100, Dougie-1