Make your kids eat and enjoy breakfast
Edited by Jonathan, Nate Pepperell, Maria, Eng and 4 others
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. When it is adequately nutritious, it gives children the head start they need to be productive and energetic in school, or in whatever endeavor they are going to undertake for the day. Lunch is just a follow up so that the gains made by a vitamin-laced breakfast will not be lost. And dinner should be light, because the kids are winding down their day, and they need just enough calories before they are tucked in bed, so they don't go to sleep hungry.
WHAT KIDS SHOULD EAT FOR BREAKFAST
- 1Brain stimulantsAdvertisement
- 2Energy boostersAdvertisement
- 3Food with bacteria and virus immunity ingredients
- 4Supplements and vitamins
- 5Choice of healthy drinks - milk, fresh fruit juices or liquid yogurt
TRICKS & TIPS TO MAKE CHILDREN EAT
- 1Begin with everyone saying a short thank you for the meal, or a prayer if you are a religious household.Advertisement
- 2Breakfast should be fun.Talk about light stuff. Laugh out loud. Food could be arranged so that it will look silly. Hot cereals could have two boiled eggs as eyes; an apple shred as the nose (with the red part showing on top); and a banana as the mouth. The concept of pizza is always fun, for the kid. This time, incorporate your nutritional intentions by topping the pizza with lots of cheese, potatoes and other equally nutritious but yummy ingredients.
- 3Colorful plates, spoons, forks, glasses, table napkin (favorite color/character) can also add to fun and exciting breakfast.
- 4There should be substantial time between waking up and taking breakfast.
- It could be that in between, there are stretching sessions, chat time in bed, prayer time in bed, Bible reading time.
- a bit of leg crossing and embracing to take advantage of the coolness of the morning and the heat of each other skin (the child and the parent). And then the taking in of the fresh morning air outside and the coolness of the wind, if there is any.
- And then some folks, want to take a bit of a stroll on the street outside of the house with their kids, as they pick up their daily newspapers and the fresh milk delivered on their doorstep.
- 5If you do not want to wake up very early and you desire that your kid eat a breakfast other than the usual cereals, during the previous night, cook hearty meals and then store them in the fridge.In this way, in the morning, you only have to heat them in the microwave.
- 6The taste buds of the child should be taken into consideration in the selection of breakfast food without compromising nutrition.
- There are kids who like cereals and these being carbohydrates, it should be partnered with fruits like bananas and apples and orange.
- There are kids who like food which looks like lunch or supper food - like hot meat or chicken soup. Or meat and chicken viands with lots of tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, etc.
- Then some like pasta for their breakfast. Some like their pasta with tomato sauce, some like it with white sauce (milky).
- And do not forget the milk or the juice or the liquid yogurt drink.
- 7Daily schedule of breakfast food is also very important, because the same kind of food every day will throw off the appetite of the child.Heed the child's desired food for as long as again, nutrition is not compromised.Advertisement
If the child is very cooperative in working with you towards his/her substantial consumption of the daily breakfast schedule you lay out together, you could reward the kid with some bit of luxury or banned food for the weekend. Something like chocolate cake with very thick icing or a couple of yummy orange Popsicle. Or the chocolate chip cookies they have been yearning for weeks.
You can't make a quick, healthful breakfast if your pantry/fridge is empty. Keep these foods on hand, so you won't be tempted to resort to a fast food drive-through breakfast:
- bread, corn
- apples, bananas,oranges,strawberries, blackberries, and other fruits
We have taken up most of the possibilities that happen between waking up and taking breakfast. Very important, is that after heating up the body (like a diesel-powered vehicle) with all the activities above, the kid should take a refreshing bath. The bath should not be rushed and every square inch of the body should be properly cleaned and washed. And to poop (bowel movement) too is very important because you do not want your kid to have a stomach ache in the middle of the day, especially if he/she is in school or somewhere else. And...do not forget to remind your kid to always brush her/his teeth after breakfast
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Family
Recent edits by: Graeme, Anonymous, Lynn