Make the team
Edited by Ephraim, Charmed, Eng
This article will be on how you can increase your chances to make a sports team. Just being good at a sport does not make you a shoes in for a team for you will need to do other things great in order to be a part of a team.
Steps to join the sport team of your choice
- 1Now you will need to pick this sport based on what you like and can learn to love so be wise when picking your sport of choice for every sport is not loved by everyone. If you are young and have the chance then jump into the sport early or as early as you can to get experience on the sport you want to try, but the first step is to pick the sport of your choosing.The first thing you will need to do is pick a sport that you are interested in joining.Advertisement
- 2For it will help you in the long run on knowing the sport better before trying out. A lot of people actually jump into joining a team without knowing the fundamentals and also without knowing the rules of the sport and have to be retaught but if you know the rules of the sport beforehand then you will have a step up on the other as in what to do making you only a re-mediated instead of a person learning it all for the first time.Once you have picked the sport that you want to play you will need to sit down and learn all the rules about the sport.Advertisement
- 3So if you are just starting out the best thing to do is to practice this sport at least 5 times a week to gain as much practice and understanding before you try out the sport. If you have a good understanding of the sport beforehand then you will not need to practice as much but you will still need to practice at the sport.Once you have learned the rules about the sport you are wishing to play you will need to practice at this sport before trying out.
- 4So building up your strength and stamina for the sport beforehand will make you shine while in try outs showing the coaches that you took the situation seriously about being in shape. Some people have actually got spots on a team based on their stamina over others having a good set of skills but a lack of stamina for skills can be taught but stamina has to be worked for a bit harder than learning the skills. Also having stamina will give you a better chance to endure the full duration of any sport played, also coaches know that stamina can prove to be the difference between someone winning a game and losing a game.Before trying out for the sport build up you stamina on the sport for during try outs you will be tested on your stamina the first day.
- 5So if you are trying out for basketball then you will need to have a basketball before tryouts for you to practice with by yourself but every sport is different for if you are trying out for baseball ensure that you have the necessary cleats, baseball cap and even your own baseball bat to play. Having the necessary equipment shows the readiness of a person to play the sport and preparation.Before the tryout ensure that you get all necessary equipment to play the sport.
- 6Then you can use them as not only a practice dummy but also a person to learn from to help you get a certain point of readiness for tryouts. Friends are a good point of reference for you to use so that you can brush up on your skills before the big day of tryouts.If you have anyone else that you know who has the desire for the same sport as you.
- 7If a coach senses that you are not serious about the sport then they will not consider you for a member of the team at all so make sure you are always on time and prepared to start whenever the tryouts commence.When attending tryouts be sure that you are on time for tryouts for showing up late is not a good way to project your seriousness about tryouts.
- 8So do not show up to the practice in casual clothes for you are not prepared and this will also take up time for you to be trying out because you have to change your clothes.When attending tryout ensure that you are dressed for the event.
- 9For the coach will look at that for consideration, while at tryouts keep from looking like a show off and also get the others involve for you may contribute something that the coach will also notice in another player.When attending tryout you do want to be noticed but also at the tryouts remain a team player.
- 10While at tryouts be sure to cheer on the others that are trying out whether or not it is a friend or someone you do not know for this may be your teammate and doing this now will help build a sense of friendship or relationship with the other person in question.
- 11For everyone is not perfect and the coaches all know this so keep at it for if at first you don't succeed try again.If you happen to miss a shot or not score your goal keep your head high and try again.
- 12Go ahead and continue practicing for the opportunity that you will face next time because there is always a next time but it only depends on your readiness to make the team.If you do not make the team it does not mean that you are to quit.Advertisement