Make Pasta Noodles Firm
Edited by Eng, Maria
Spaghetti tastes much better when the noodles are firm and not soggy. It should not feel like it's pasty rice that will crumble the moment you touch it. Usually, low quality noodles will become that way easily, but oftentimes, it is also just dependent on the way you cook your noodles.
Steps that you can follow in order to make sure that you produce firm noodles only
- 1You have to wait until the water is completely boiling before you do anything with it. You just need to let it stand on the pot and do not disturb it so that it will boil faster. Depending on the volume of water that you would need, this usually takes less than 10 minutes.Prepare a pot of hot water and let it boil for several minutes.Advertisement
- 2If you see the water starting to bubble more actively, it tells you that it's about to boil already. At this point, put a few drops of olive oil. This will help coat on the noodles later on, allowing it to cook without really destroying the structure of the noodles.Add a few drops of olive oil a few minutes before the water starts to boil.Advertisement
- 3After a minute, turn off your stove and just let the noodles get immersed onto the boiled water for about 5 minutes. After that, strain it and let it sit for another 5 minutes.Drop the noodles onto boiling water for about a minutes.
- 4This will make sure that excess water does not seep in through the noodles for a long period of time. This is what usually makes noodles soggy. There should not be too much water or they should not be overcooked.Sprinkle a few more drops of olive oil as you let the noodle sit and cool down.
- 5It is most ideal to do this because if you let the sauce on the noodles for a long period of time, that will already affect the overall texture of the pasta. If you prefer to decorate the plate, make sure that you only put the sauce when the pasta plate is ready for serving and that it will be consumed right away.Serve the noodles and pasta separately.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make the Noodles Firm. (2014). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_the_Noodles_Firm
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make the Noodles Firm." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_the_Noodles_Firm Accessed 24 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make the Noodles Firm." Accessed Apr 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_the_Noodles_Firm.
Categories : Vegetables & Side Dishes
Recent edits by: Eng