Make the Most Out of Your WiFi Hotspot
Edited by Eng, Anonymous
WiFi Hotspot is a good feature of most smartphones these days. However, the problem is that not everyone feels satisfied with it, mainly because in some cases, the connection is not very good once it is shared with others. Therefore, it is important to know some tricks which will help a lot in making you enjoy the full benefits of this particular function.
- 1Assign a password.This is very important especially when you know you will be using your hotspot in a public place. People can easily see your connection and if you do not have a password, they can easily hook up to it and that will really slow down your connection.Advertisement
- 2Use a strong password.Simply assigning a password is not enough. You also have to make sure that your password is actually strong enough so that other people won't be able to guess it. An easily-guessed password is almost equivalent to not setting a password at all.Advertisement
- 3Hide your connection.There is an option to actually conceal your connection from other people. You will be the only one to see it so that you can attach your other devices into it. This way, you are sure that you are not accommodating unnecessary connections that will only slow down your usage.
- 4Turn it off when you do not need it.If you are not really attaching your other devices to your WiFi hotspot, you might as well just turn it off. This will prevent your phone from connecting involuntarily to other network connections around it. This way, you are also protecting your phone from the potential of acquiring a virus.
- 5Limit the number of devices attached to it.If you really have to share your connection, make sure that you impose a certain limit. Keep in mind that the more devices that use your connection, the slower your connection becomes. This is especially important to do if you are on a limited data plan. The usage of all devices attached to your WiFi will be charged against your data plan. Therefore, if you are not careful, you may end up having a higher charge for your data plan.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: Eng