Make the Home Button More Responsive on an iOS Mobile Device
Edited by Jerry Rivers
Just as searching on the internet with your home computer, you expect the home button to be respond quickly when you click it on your iOS mobile device. When you first took your iOS mobile device out of the box, it was lightning fast responding to every click for all functions. Now, after some months of constant multi-tasking, going from app to app, or going back to your home screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod you are probably just a bit agitated that the home button has become a lagging "turtle".
For home button lags on your iOS home button for any iOS mobile device, there are two procedures to speed up its response time.
- 1In the first method to speed up your iOS device, you must begin by rebooting your iOS mobile device:Advertisement
- In the upper right corner press on the switch icon.
- A "red button" will show up on your screen.
- Slide the "red button" to the right. This will turn off your iOS device.
- Press the "switch button" once again to turn on your iOS device.
- This will reboot your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch, and will return your home button screen speed to like when you first acquired your iOS mobile device.
- 2In the second method to speed up your iOS home button response time, you must calibrate the home button.Advertisement
- Open an application by tapping one of the default apps icons, such as "Weather", "Videos", or "Clock".
- Once one of these apps is launched, press the "switch button" in the upper right corner.
- Hold down on the switch until you see the "red slider" button.
- Once the "red slider" button pops up on your screen, press and hold the "home button" till it disappears.
- After the "red slider" button is gone, your iOS "home button" will function at top speed again like when you first took it out of the box.
Both of these methods should speed up your "home button" response delays. If your mobile device is still a bit sluggish, there is still much you can do to bring it back to blazing speed. If you have an older iOS mobile device, such as an iPhone 4 or iPad 2, your iOS 7 may have become sluggish with a lot of apps that you really do not use. The A4 processor is not as equipped to handle all the apps as the latest A7 processor. Here are ways to get your older iOS mobile device up to speed:
- 1Get rid of useless apps.
- Press the unwanted app icon and hold until it begins to "Shake".
- Once the app icon is shaking, a small "x" will appear at the app's top left corner.
- A prompt will appear in the dialog box telling you that all the app's data will be deleted.
- Select the "Delete" button.
- If you have downloaded an app after syncing your iOS device, and sent it to the iTunes library it will show up again when you turn on the mobile device. You will not only have to delete it, you will have to delete it also in your iTunes library.
- 2Another step to speed up your iOS is to turn off all "Automatic updates".
- Select "Settings".
- Select "iTunes App Store".
- Turn off the "Updates" icon.
- 3Turn off the "Background App Refresh".
- Select "Settings".
- Tap "General"
- Tap "Background App Refresh". Turn it "Off", and tap "Disable Background App Refresh".
A few more ways to speed up your iOS:
- Turn down Graphics.
- Turn off some of the more elaborate visual effects.
- Turn off "Motion": Tap "Settings" > "General" > "Accessibility" > "Reduce Motion". Select the "Reduce Motion" as "On". This will shut off the special "3-D depth" effect on icons.
- Turn up your screen's "Contrast". Go to "Settings"> "General" > "Accessibility" > "Increase Contrast". Next, turn "On" the "Increase Contrast".
Executing all of the above procedures will speed up your iOS home button's response times, and all operations of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. These changes will also add life to your iOS mobile device battery, and make you smile.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make the Home Button More Responsive on an iOS Mobile Device. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_the_Home_Button_More_Responsive_on_an_iOS_Mobile_Device
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make the Home Button More Responsive on an iOS Mobile Device." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_the_Home_Button_More_Responsive_on_an_iOS_Mobile_Device Accessed 24 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make the Home Button More Responsive on an iOS Mobile Device." Accessed Jun 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_the_Home_Button_More_Responsive_on_an_iOS_Mobile_Device.
Categories : Tech