Make money on YouTube
Edited by John Israel DeleÃ±a, Lynn, Trafalgar Law, Monika and 1 other
YouTube is a popular internet destination that allows internet users to watch the videos, and to upload and share their own. By becoming a YouTube partner, it is possible to make money on YouTube. You will earn a percentage of the total revenue that is generated by "clicks" on those advertisements (AdSense) Below, I am going to outline the basic steps you need to go through to make money on YouTube.
- 1 Create and Build your YouTube Account
- 2 Make Good Content
- 3 Grow Your Audience
- 4 Apply to the YouTube Partner Program
- 5 Set up your Google AdSense
- 6 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 7 Questions and Answers
- 8 Referencing this Article
- 9 Comments
Create and Build your YouTube Account
- 1Start by creating an account, or you can also use your existing Gmail account to log in, by using the same username and password. Make sure that you choose a username that is easy to remember, so that people will see your videos and it will be easier for them to recall whose video it was. This will increase the chance of having return viewers.Set up an account.Advertisement
- 2Come up with an idea and think carefully about what you want to include on your YouTube Channel. It will become the brand associated with your name, so you need to pick the type of account that you are comfortable with and that best describes of what you are doing. You will be required to select a category that specifies your interest topic. Here are the categories:Outline a Plan and Brainstorm.Advertisement
- Comedy. The most popular YouTube category.
- Gadgets and Games.
- Travel and Places.
- Film and Animation.
- People and Blogs.
- Autos and Vehicles.
- Pets and Animals.
- How-To and Do-It-Yourself.
- News and Politics.
- 3It will help people to find your channel easily.Add keywords.
Make Good Content
This is the most important section of this article. Upload high quality content regularly and be consistent with your uploads. It helps to hold an audience and make them more likely to subscribe to your channel. Many YouTube users want to subscribe to channels that are consistent in adding content. You will have more chances to increase your views and subscribers if you add videos often. Additionally, YouTube wants to work with its users over the long term, so uploading regularly will give you a better chance of getting accepted to become a YouTube partner.
- 1Have great content.Advertisement
- Practice makes perfect. Without having good content, you won't see many views. So, if you don't have great content at first, you will have to find a way to improve it, like by using a better camera. To have professional videos, you can use a DSLR camera, and to have a better content and style for marketing, it is helpful to use video editing software like Final Cut X, AVS, Adobe Premiere, etc. Create a catchy logo and watermark on your videos, and to make your YouTube channel more professional, you can customize it, which results in a more high end product. A better looking product helps to gain a larger audience, which will lead to making more money on YouTube. Always remember that content is the most important thing.
- Start customizing your own YouTube Channel.
- Don't expect too much too soon. It may take a while to get 1000 views, so be patient.
- Use zero copyrighted material. In order to avoid copyright infringement, you need to make sure your video is 100 percent original or else it may be rejected. It is always better to have zero copyrighted material in your videos.
- Copyrighted material may include: Video clips, music/audio, logos and images/graphics,
Grow Your Audience
- 1You need to have thousands of subscribers and views to qualify and to get accepted into YouTube Partnership. It is one of the criteria they use to evaluate your application.To make money on YouTube, the first thing you need to do is to create an interesting channel that people will want to hook up to.Advertisement
- 2Make an interesting video and share it on Facebook and Twitter, share the link, or post it on a blog or video/media sites and distribute it in any network where you can promote your videos. You can also make a website to broadcast your videos, because the more views, the better.Share your videos.
Apply to the YouTube Partner Program
- 1Anyone can apply, so you need to expect that there are a lot of people applying. It will take a while to be considered and accepted. You can apply if you already have:If you are ready to apply, go to the YouTube Partner Program page.
- 5000+ subscribers.
- Regularly uploaded content with 5000+ views, and more than 50,000+ channel views. You will have a much better chance at getting accepted, and being able to start displaying the ads on your videos if you meet these criteria.
- 2Again, NO copyrighted material in making videos.
- 3You should learn about the revenue ads, how to use the tools for your video improvement, and how to earn rewards.Always Understand the Partner Program.
- 4On your account:Receiving Your Ads Payments.
- Go to your Google Account Settings page.
- Click the Payment Settings.
- Then Click the "Update Tax Information".
- Verify your physical address for payment. YouTube will send you a PIN to your mail address. After receiving it, enter the PIN you received online to verify your address.
- Select the payment method.
Set up your Google AdSense
The earnings and your status will go with your AdSense account. Start creating Google AdSense for free.
- 1Go to Google.com/AdSense.
- 3That is why having an audience is important.You make money per ad click and per view.
- 4You need to have a PayPal (online payment) or any bank account together with valid mailing address, so that they can verify who to send the money.
- 5You must be 18 years or older.
- 6If you are 18 below, you need an adult consent to help you.
- 1Once your video is submitted and have been approved, you will make money generated from the ads, based on the pricing of the ads that appear on your videos.To earn money, YouTube will place different types of ads near your video or inside it.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Spend time brainstorming. Think and be creative with what will your videos will be about.
- Be unique and original. Don't copy.
- Think about what is trendy and what people more likely to watch.
- Don't put any channels down.
- Don't use a low end camera. A DSLR camera is highly recommended for high quality videos.
- Broadcast your videos around the internet, not just in YouTube.
- Upload regularly and be consistent.
- Come up with interesting topics and quality videos with good content.
- Be confident.
Questions and Answers
My Question is will YouTube pay for a H4 visa holder?
Hi I'm currently an H4 visa holder. I wanted to make money from YouTube, but as I'm in dependent visa am I eligible to receive money from YouTube. If no then what should I do to get money from them. (I'm originally from India)
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make money on YouTube. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_money_on_YouTube
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make money on YouTube." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_money_on_YouTube Accessed 27 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make money on YouTube." Accessed Mar 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_money_on_YouTube.
Categories : Online Business & Transactions
Recent edits by: Monika, Trafalgar Law, Lynn