Edited by Shiza Ahmed, Charmed, Eng, Graeme and 2 others
Do you like preparing snacks for your family? Friends? Or just simply for yourself? In this article we will show you how to prepare a very interesting snack. The steps are very simple all you have to do is follow the methods below and you'll have a Luqmi snacks.
Luqmi (Lukhmi) is typically a savory starter menu item. It is commonly made up of minced mutton and other seasonings for the filling while for the dough, instead of using milk they use yogurt. Which make this recipe really tasty.
- 1200 grams All purpose flour, siftedAdvertisement
- 24 tablespoons butter, clarifiedAdvertisement
- 32 tablespoons Plain Yogurt
- 4250 grams minced Mutton
- 51 tablespoon Red chili powder
- 61/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 71 cup White Onion, finely sliced
- 86 pieces Green chilies, finely chopped
- 9Green coriander leaves, chopped
- 101 tablespoon Ginger/garlic paste
- 112 tablespoons lemon juice
- 121 medium sized egg
- 13Salt to taste
- 14Oil as required
- 1Mix well until well combined, and make a ball of dough.In a medium sized mixing bowl, add in the refined flour, clarified butter, plain yogurt and a pinch of salt.
- 2Wrap the dough with a cling wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- 3In a sauce pan pot, put in the minced mutton, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice and ginger or garlic paste.
- 4Cook till all the water dries up.
- 5Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a pot, add finely sliced onions and cooked mince mutton.
- 6Turn off the flame when minced mutton is fried.
- 7Add finely chopped green chilies and coriander leaves.
- 8Divide the dough in 12 equal balls and roll them out in squares.
- 9Put mince on each piece and fold each into pockets.
- 10Prick the edges with fork.Seal the ends with egg.
- 11Heat oil in a wok, fry Luqmi and take them out on paper towels when they turn golden.
Mango & Mint Chutney
- 11/2 cup mint leavesAdvertisement
- 21 medium sized white onion, cut into quarters
- 33-4 green chilies or more, remove the seeds
- 4salt to taste
- 53/4 cup green mango, chopped
- 1Peel and remove the seed of the green mango.
- 2In a food processor or blender, put in the mint leaves, quartered onion, seedless green chilies, and chopped mango.
- 3Blend well until paste like consistence.
- 4Season with salt.
Simple Tomato Chutney
- 16 cloves of garlic, mincedAdvertisement
- 21/4 cup spring onion (white part only), chopped
- 31 tablespoon spring only (leaves only), finely chopped
- 41 dry red chilies or more, soaked
- 51 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 61 teaspoon olive oil
- 71 tablespoon coriander leave, finely chopped
- 8salt to taste
- 1Chop the soaked chili.
- 2In a medium sized pan, heat the oil and saute the onions and garlic in a low flame; Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3Add the chopped chilies and salt, continue to saute.
- 4The tomatoes by then needs to be soft and can be mashed easily.Add the finely chopped tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes over low heat.
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this recipe. You can always change things according to your preferences.
The pictures are just sample photos on how to execute a certain procedure.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make luqmi. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_luqmi
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make luqmi." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_luqmi Accessed 28 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make luqmi." Accessed Mar 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_luqmi.
Categories : Appetizers & Finger Foods
Recent edits by: Rafah Perlado, Graeme, Eng