Make felted wool dryer balls
Edited by E W, Christine dela Cruz, Eng, Rob
Using wool dryer balls has multiple benefits - they lift and separate your laundry to help it dry faster, absorb access moisture, help prevent wrinkles and best of all - reduce dryer time. It is easy to make your own wool felted dryer balls.
- 100% wool yarn
- One Pair of nylon stockings
- 1Make sure it is not an acrylic/blend.Only 100% wool will do.Advertisement
- 2Continue until you have a ball of yarn the size of a tennis ball. Repeat.To start, wrap the wool around your fingers.Advertisement
- 3Separate each ball by a knotted string.Once you have made a few, put them in nylon stockings.
- 4For best results, wash on the warmest setting.Throw the nylons full of yarn balls in with the laundry.
- 5Keeping the wool balls in the nylons, put them in the dryer with the same load of laundry.
- 6They are now ready to be used in your dryer on a regular basis.Once dry, you can cut the, nylons and remove the wool balls.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- You can add some essential oil if you'd like to add a light scent to your laundry.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Arts & Crafts
Recent edits by: Eng, Christine dela Cruz, E W