Make an Emergency Call While in Kids Mode on Samsung Galaxy S5
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Dougie, Grimm, Doug Collins and 2 others
This article is part of the VisiHow series of tips and tricks on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Make emergency calls in Kids Mode on your Galaxy S5
In Kids Mode, you can't create texts or make calls, but you can call emergency numbers.
Kids Mode allows you to let a child play with your Samsung Galaxy S5, without worrying that they'll delete important applications, access email, or otherwise make a mess of your phone. While Kids Mode is enabled, your phone basically functions as a portable game and education device. This means you won't be able to use basic phone functions, like calling, messaging, or browsing the internet. However, for safety reasons, Samsung has included a feature to allow emergency calls when your Galaxy S5 is in Kids Mode. It is recommended that you teach older children how to make emergency calls while in Kids Mode.
You may also want to learn about how to install and use Kids Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S5, or how to Unlock your Kid Locked Phone, or set Kids Mode Parental Controls. Just click on either of those links to be taken to a detailed VisiHow guide with steps and instructions.
- 4You have successfully learned how to make emergency calls while in Kids Mode on Samsung Galaxy S5.
Kids Mode Emergency Calls when Playtime is over
You can Set Kids Mode Parental Controls on Samsung Galaxy S5 to limit a certain amount of time for daily use. When this limit is reached, Kids Mode will switch to Sleep Screen showing a sleeping crocodile. If there is a need to perform an emergency call while on this screen, follow these procedures:
- 3You have successfully learned how to make emergency calls even if playtime has reached its limit in Kids Mode on Samsung Galaxy S5.
Things to remember
- The safety of your child is the most important thing. See to it that you have instructed this very well to your kid in case there is a need to dial an emergency number. If you can, let him try the steps for a few times, just make sure to cancel the call before it can get through.
- Emergency calls require a working network connection. If your phone is on a location where there is a problem with the signal, the call may not connect.
Hi, you're watching VisiHow. This is a quick 32 Second video that is going to show you what we discussed the article about how to make an emergency phone call when you're in kids mode.
- 5Thank you very much for watching VisiHow, have a great day a we look forward to seeing you in some of our other videos.Advertisement
Video: Make an Emergency Call While in Kids Mode on Samsung Galaxy S5
Questions and Answers
How do I add emergency contacts to Kids Zone?
How do I add numbers to the emergency contacts so that the kids can call them while in KidsZone .. I have tried: I have tried putting my contacts under ice and trying to make a phone call in KidsZone and that has not work
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Eng, Doug Collins, Grimm