Make a vegan hamburger that is delicious & healthy with very low oil
Edited by sharon collins, Ephraim, Rafah Perlado, Lynn and 1 other
Becoming vegan is a difficult transition. You can buy vegan hamburgers in the grocery store, but they are usually expensive and often have ingredients that may be technically vegan but are very unhealthy. This is an extremely tasty and healthy vegan burger you can make at home.
Yield: 6 patties
- 12 cups converted rice cooked until gooey (make 2 cups of cooked rice)Advertisement
- 23 cups pickled or canned beets, diced smallAdvertisement
- 31 bulb white onion, chopped
- 43-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 52 tablespoons cider vinegar or a good red wine vinegar
- 61 can black beans or Romano beans, drained and rinsed and mashed
- 72 tablespoons lemon juice
- 81 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 92 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 101 teaspoon coriander
- 111/2 teaspoon thyme or 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 122 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or tapioca flour for gluten free)
- 131 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- 14salt and pepper to taste
- 1When it turns translucent, add in the garlic. Stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.Caramelize the onion.
- 2Cooked converted rice, diced beets, caramelized onion and garlic, cider vinegar, mashed black beans, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, coriander, caraway seeds, tapioca flour, chopped jalapeno. Add salt and pepper to taste.In a large bowl, combine the following:
- 3Mix well with your hands until well combined.
- 4Get a spoonful of the mixture and roll into a ball.
- 5Flatten slightly with your palm.
Healthy Veggie Burger
- 16 whole wheat sandwich bunsAdvertisement
- 26 slices tomato
- 31 bundle of lettuce
- 41 big white onion
- 5Vegan Burger Patty, cooked
- 6Herb Goat Cheese Spread
- 1Cut the bun into two (crosswise), toast for 2 minutes
- 2Put a dollop of herb goat cheese spread on top of the base bun.
- 3Line with lettuce
- 4Place the vegan burger
- 5Top with tomato and onion.
- 6Place the top half of the bun, set aside.
- 7Continue assembling the other burgers.
Herb Goat Cheese Spread
- 1Mash the goat cheese, until it is a spread-like texture (smooth).
- 2Add in the chopped parsley, tarragon and chives.
- 3Mix until well blended.
- You can also freeze these burgers. So if you like them, make a big batch and store them in the freezer for a quick quality vegan burger any time.
- These vegan burgers taste great when served with spaghetti sauce.
- Herb goat cheese spread is best to use after 2 days.
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this recipe. You can always change things according to what you prefer.
The pictures are just sample photos on how to execute a certain procedure.