Make a cupcake stand/cupcake tower β cupcakes & mini cakes
Edited by Shiza Ahmed, Charmed, Eng, Anonymous and 6 others
When serving cupcakes or cakes, it makes for a flashier presentation if you serve them on a cake stand. To make it even better, you can choose the same color for your stand as you are giving your cake, or you can adopt the pattern of your cake and make the stand look more exciting. In this article, you can learn how to make a cupcake stand. So gather up all the materials, and get ready to make a cupcake stand.
- 1 Requirements for Making a Cupcake Stand (It will hold about 51 Cakes)
- 2 Steps to make a cupcake stand
- 3 Video
- 4 Cupcake Stand for 100 Cupcakes Using Styrofoam Circles
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- 7 Comments
Requirements for Making a Cupcake Stand (It will hold about 51 Cakes)
- 2Styrofoam Cake Dummies:Each 2" High in sizes: 2x6" and 2x7".Advertisement
- 3Satin Ribbon.
- 4Thick Paper.
- 5Glue Stick.
- 6Craft Glue.
- 7Carpet Tape, Strong Double Sided.
- 8Metal Pins.
- 9A Pair Scissors.
- 10A Pencil.
Steps to make a cupcake stand
- 7Now the time has come to assemble the stand, use Strong Sided Double Tape so the cake dummies stay in place on the cake boards.
- 8When you have assembled cakes on the stand, don't move it too much.Advertisement
Cupcake Stand for 100 Cupcakes Using Styrofoam Circles
Cupcakes have been the go-to party dessert in recent years. A breakthrough from the usual layers of cake, the trend is a fondant cake on top and the rest of the layers are made up of cupcakes. Aside from a being a break from traditional desserts, serving cupcakes has proved to be ideal. Why? You do not have to cut these into pieces because these are already individually wrapped. Aside from being a centerpiece and dessert, the cupcakes are also easy to serve to the guests.
Now that you have learned how to make a cupcake stand to hold 51 cupcakes, the rest of the article will now focus on creating a cupcake stand for 100 cupcakes, still using Styrofoam circles. You know what they say - the more the merrier.
The materials you need and steps are the same ones mentioned above, with a slight difference in the numbers and measurements. Listed below are the exact measurements of the materials you will need.
- Styrofoam circles in the following sizes:
- 8 inch diameter
- 11 inch diameter
- 14 inch diameter
- 17 inch diameter
- 20 inch diameter
The first layer, which is 8 inches in diameter, can hold the fondant cake. The space in between each tier must be 3 inches, resulting in a 20-inch high cupcake stand. The second tier can hold 15 cupcakes, the third tier has a capacity of 18 cupcakes, the fourth tier can hold up to 24 cupcakes and the last tier holds 36 cupcakes. This totals to 100 cupcakes, plus the fondant cake on top.
Dress Up Your Cupcake Stand
Aside from the design mentioned above, you can dress up your cupcake stand depending on the theme or color palette of your party. Wrap the edges of the tiers with ribbon, which can be many different prints or hues. A great idea is to carry over the print or hue to the fondant cake on top. The pipe keeping the entire stand in place is best wrapped with a ribbon to ensure the tiers do not move.
Questions and Answers
How to make mini cake boards and cover them for a perfect presentation?
Cake boards are essential to ensure that the cake that will be presented in a neat, tidy and appealing way. Making a personalized cake board is one way to customize the size and design according to the preference and the theme of the cake. To start making the cake boards:
- Cake Foam Board
- Printed Wrapping Paper/Foil
- Spray Glue/Tacky Spray
MAKING THE MINI CAKE BOARDS
- Determine the size of the cake board that you will be making.
- Draw the desired size and shape of the mini cake board that you wish to make, and cut the outline of the mini cake board.
- Put glue on the cake board.
- You also have the option of adding another layer of cake boards to make the cake board more sturdy. Simply glue the layers together to secure them. The bigger the cake is, the more layers are needed to keep the board sturdy. Since mini cake boards will be made, there's no need to add another layer.
- Wrap,, then glue the cake board with the wrapping paper of your choice.
Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- If you find that one layer of Styrofoam circle will not hold the cupcakes, you can use two pieces to make it more stable.
- Use just the right size of pipe to ensure nothing falls out of place especially when the cupcakes are already in place.
- Before placing anything edible make sure that no glue, screw or debris are left on the cupcake stand.
- Also, do a trial run before embellishing your cupcake stand, this will avoid having to redo the entire stand when you find out it cannot hold all the cupcakes and everything is already set.
- Have fun with decorating, the cupcake stand will look better as a centrepiece when the embellishment and cupcakes go well together.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.