Make a Wall Poster
Edited by Shiza Ahmed, Eulalee, Eng, Graeme and 2 others
Wall posters have been a huge hit through the ages with preteens, teenagers and young adults. Wall posters can be made of magazine cutouts or expensive collectibles. They are reasonably priced, when compared to original artwork, and are often used to communicate a message. Where some feature celebrities (such as famous singers, actors and actresses, and sportsmen), others may serve as souvenirs of past holidays or historic places. City maps, atlases and pictures of scenery are common wall posters people like to keep around the houses.
Wall posters are also useful outside the home. For example, teachers, at all levels of the profession, have found wall posters with brightly colored diagrams and pictures, an effective way to educate students. Wall posters can brighten an otherwise dull hospital ward and improve the appeal of small spaces. Nowadays, the walls of teenage hangouts and fast-paced cafes are lined with posters to portray the image of technological progress and successful urban living. So, what is it that makes these posters such a vital part of life? The secret to a successful poster all lies in its making.
- 1Several criteria need to be kept in mind while making a wall poster.Advertisement
- 2Third, the actual content of the poster should be decided upon with great care.This is a very important part of the poster-making process because it is here that the design and layout of the poster is chosen. The poster may be a simple printout of a celebrity profile, as mentioned above, or it may be something more specialized (depending on the preference of the poster maker). Appropriate colors are chosen so that the main idea of the poster or the main theme is not lost. There may be writing on the poster and a border lining it. Pictures on the poster should be carefully placed so that they don't detract attention from the subject of the poster. If you can't get your poster professionally designed, you can design it at home using applications as simple as Microsoft Word or Powerpoint. If the poster is designed at home, printing facilities need to be located. Due to the springing up of many shops specializing in printing posters, nowadays it is much easier to get them printed.Advertisement
- 3Once the above requirements have been fulfilled, the poster-making process moves on to its fourth step.The poster is now ready to be mounted on to the wall. A frame may be provided for the poster or it may even be cello taped to the wall. And so, the wall poster is now complete.
- 4Wall posters are one of the few things that have never gone out of fashion.Perhaps, it is because of their reasonable price tags and availability when compared to paintings and art. As the above steps indicate, they are easy and fun to make.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
How to make wall poster on Manju Kapur a novelist?
Hi sir, I get one task of literature and that task is to make a wall poster on Indian novelist Manju Kapur, please solve my problem.. I have tried: I am collecting information about her.. I think it was caused by: I don't know
Because this is a school assignment you will want to make an outline of Manju Kapur's life and put pictures that correspond with the points of the outline. Add bullet points of information below each section of the outline.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Arts & Crafts
Recent edits by: Amarjeet, Graeme, Eng