Make a Triple-Layer Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
Edited by Deepthi Gottumukkala, Eng, Lynn, Rob
Have you ever thought of making a luscious cake by just using simple ingredients like chocolate and pumpkin, which both the sweet-lovers and the the ones without a sweet tooth love? Well, follow these simple steps and you will find yourself and your guests smacking their lips and licking their finger tips by the end of the dessert.
- 1One 10 inch graham cracker crustAdvertisement
- 22 tablespoons unsalted butterAdvertisement
- 34 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 43 ounce of packaged cream cheese, softened
- 51/2 cups sugar
- 62 large eggs
- 71 cup pumpkin puree
- 81/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 91/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 101/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 111/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 121/4 teaspoon salt
- 131 cup sour cream
- 1Add chocolate.Partially melt butter.Advertisement
- 2Heat this for 5-7 minutes, or until completely melted, then whisk until smooth.
- 3Add cream cheese to a large bowl.
- 4Cream it using an electric mixer on medium speed, slowly adding in 1 1/4 cups sugar.
- 5Beat in the eggs.
- 6Blend in the pumpkin, vanilla, spices, and salt, and mix them until they are well blended.
- 7Pour just under half of the filling into a separate bowl and stir in the melted chocolate until well blended.
- 8Pour the chocolate filling into the pie shell shake to help the filling settle.
- 9Put the pie in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven and bake it for approximately 20 minutes.
- 10Transfer this to a rack and leave it to cool for 15 minutes.
- 11Gently add the plain pumpkin filling over the cooled chocolate layer and shake to settle.
- 12Place the pie in the oven, in such a way that the part that faced the back of the oven now faces the front.
- 13When done, the edges of the filling should be puffed, but should not have large cracks.Bake it for 35-40 minutes, until the pumpkin layer sets.
- 14Transfer pie to a wire rack and let it cool until the filling settles down and flattens, approximately 35-45 minutes.
- 15In a small saucepan, combine the sour cream and remaining 1/4 cup sugar over a very low heat, stirring constantly for two to four minutes.
- 16When the sour cream is fairly thin and slightly warmer, carefully pour it over the top of the pie.
- 17Immediately shake and tilt the pie to cover it with the topping.
- 18Place the pie on the rack and let it cool.
- 19Cover loosely with foil and refrigerate for at least four hours.Advertisement
- To enhance the breakdown between the layers, you can a layer of chopped walnuts or pecans over the chocolate. For best results, add the nuts right after taking the pie out of the oven. Press them in gently.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make a Triple-Layer Chocolate Pumpkin Pie. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 1, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_a_Triple-Layer_Chocolate_Pumpkin_Pie
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make a Triple-Layer Chocolate Pumpkin Pie." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_a_Triple-Layer_Chocolate_Pumpkin_Pie Accessed 1 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make a Triple-Layer Chocolate Pumpkin Pie." Accessed May 1, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_a_Triple-Layer_Chocolate_Pumpkin_Pie.