Make a Signature
Edited by Graciela Franchesca Rosario, vc, Alma, Maria and 27 others
Both your handwriting and your signature reflect your personality, so it's important to improve your handwriting to create the best possible signature. Knowing the technique to improve your handwriting, will allow you to create a beautiful signature. Not only can you include your signature in your email, you can also add a picture or animation.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Creating a Blog Signature
- 3 Tips
- 4 Warnings
- 5 How to Sign an Attractive Signature
- 6 Tips
- 7 Creating an Email Signature
- 8 Creating Email Signature in Microsoft Word
- 9 How to Upload Animation to a Signature
- 10 How to Write Cursive
- 11 Creating HTML Signature in Gmail
- 12 Tips
- 13 To Create Away Message in Zimbra
- 14 Creating Signature in Outlook
15 Questions and Answers
- 15.1 My signature is always changing every time, how to keep it stable?
- 15.2 Should I start my signature with a capital letter?
- 15.3 How can I signature my name, please tell me?
- 15.4 I want to have a signature which would be difficult to copy?
- 15.5 I am a Sri Lankan, I can't write cursive letters, I want to make a professional signature?
- 15.6 How could I make unreadable or difficult signature?
- 15.7 Can you suggest me a perfect sign that suits me?
- 15.8 How can I have a pretty signature?
- 15.9 Need an attractive signature of my name?
- 15.10 How to create a new signature when you want to change because you are married?
- 15.11 How can I create a fountain pen style/look with my name?
- 15.12 I have three names all starting with an M?
- 15.13 I want make a signature for name bhupendra?
- 15.14 How to have a cool signature, my name is Smita Daga?
- 15.15 Sir My name is Vinod Tiwari and I want to install my signature maker in animation. How to install it in my Gmail?
- 15.16 My name is MD Shamshad Rizvi, I want to create my signature?
- 15.17 I need to ask a particular philosophical question to you, my master?
- 15.18 What should I do in improving in writing my signature and how should I learn?
- 16 Comments
- 1Signatures differ in appearance as well as content. Some only include their first name, while others only show their last name, while others are a combination of the first name and last names.Decide what you would like to include in your signature.Advertisement
- If you want to avoid forgery, you better use both your first name and last name.
- Some people use only their initials, rather than their whole name. This tends to be more of a business practice.
- Some only use their surname since they are more comfortable with it. Just like other names of professionals, they are known for their surname more than their first names, like teachers and doctors.
- 2As you practice you will notice different styles and you can decide which looks best; what should be added and what should be removed. Observe your signature. What needs to be lengthened or shortened in it? You may observe its font style, shapes, font size, and slant. The size of the letters can reveal a lot about a person. If the signature is too small it might be overlooked. If it's too large it comes across as too grandiose or arrogant. So make it at a medium size to refrain from being categorized.Practice your signature.Advertisement
- 3Some have signatures that are almost printed or a combination of writing/printing. Often this is an attempt to avoid someone copying their signature. Others have signatures that are illegible, almost a scribble. The good thing about an illegible signature is it makes it very difficult to forge. The difficult thing about an illegible signature is that it's illegible and people can't read it. It is important to express your personality through your handwriting and signature. It says something about who you are, your creativity and your confidence. Being able to read your signature is not as important as the speed and creativity of it.Decide how legible you'd like your signature to be.
- 4Do you keep the letters close together, or do you spread them farther apart? Do you want your signature to be difficult to read or completely clear and illegible? Leaving out certain letters is one way to make your signature difficult to decipher. With a quick movement across the page, you can create a signature that looks scattered and messy. All this depends on the impression you want to make, but it's important to be aware that for some, especially in the business world, it may not be the impression you want to make. Every person's handwriting is unique. You may want to start with a clear signature easy to read and go from there.Styles you may consider in designing your signature are varied.
- 5Begin with small changes, working up to bigger ones. Try varied styles when seeking to discover your desired signature. Working with small changes first allows you to determine the differences. Changes that you apply to your signature are as follows:As you practice writing your signature, make changes to it.
- Make the capital letters of your name larger.
- Modifying the figure of elliptical/round letters, specifically on letters 'You,' 'O,' 'B,' 'R', 'C,' and 'P'.
- Putting a flourish at the end of letters, specifically to letters 'T,' 'E,' 'Y,' and 'G'.
- Putting an underline on specific parts of your name.
- Applying calligraphy and cursive touches to your signature.
- Incorporating decorative features and figures.
- 6Identify the small changes you have made, and carefully determine if these changes are what you want as a signature. Continue inventing styles or making changes to your signature until you perfect it. Practice your signature over and over. Perfect it. When altering your signature, make sure you can consistently repeat the new signature, with all its changes. This is important, especially with institutions such as ID and bank accounts. If you cannot repeat the signature you've created, you must limit the style or changes until you can manage it.Trim your signature by deciding if the signature is already okay for you, or there are still other embellishments you want to add or remove.
- 7After you practice writing your signature you will get better results; a signature with more changes, a more innovative style, with more details.If your signature becomes too confusing, tone down the style, be short but creative.
Creating a Blog Signature
- 1This is helpful with online fillable forms, email signatures, forums, blogs, and documents. There is no need to use plugins or download a program. Two websites that allow you to create online signatures are, Sign Now and My Live Signature. This tool is a great tool if you lack graphical design skills and you don't want to post your actual signature virtually.If you want your very own signature printed on paper digitally, you'll need a signature creator tool.Advertisement
- 2Create a signature using a graphic design or a photo-editing program. There are several options for font features. Choose the font features from the program, and then save your electronic signature as an image.Make a signature that forms an image.
- 3After you put your signature on paper, scan it then open it with photo-editing software. Edit it to remove any flaws or elements you want to remove or add. Upload it to your blog as an image. Some phone's app can scan your signature, then upload it to your blog as an image.Scan your actual handwritten signature.
At the top right portion of the screen.
Choose 'Options' and find 'Mail Options' then click. At the left part look for 'Signature'
then click. Fill in your signature information
then choose 'Show a signature on all outgoing mail'. This will let the signature be included in all your sent emails. Then click 'OK' to save your signature.
- Observe other people's signatures so you can get some ideas. Walt Disney's signature is simply the letter "D". Queen Elizabeth and John Hancock have their own distinctive signature.
- According to s US. law, an "X" in instead of your signature indicates a legal signature for someone who cannot write. To avoid problems from bureaucrats, you must not make fancy signatures with zigzags or smiley faces. The government may refuse to accept it. Be aware of government rules regarding signatures to avoid complicated situations.
- Using colorful or sparkly gel pens or nicknames to sign yearbooks or birthday cards may be cute, but are not allowable in legal documents such as contracts.
- Modifying your signature too often will cause problems especially when trying to access your bank account. Sometimes your signature is the only evidence people have that it's you.
- Creating a signature that is complicated and hard to replicate makes it difficult to forge, but in other situations, it will be difficult to verify.
- See to it that your personalized signature is same on all your ID.s and bank cards.
How to Sign an Attractive Signature
- 1Observe its features. Decide on what to add or remove.Write your basic signature on a paper.
- 2Create a signature that is comfortable to write and not very cumbersome. Styles you may want to incorporate are:Repeat signing your signature over and over to practice what other styles you want to include.
- 9Even when you decide on a design for your signature, you don't slow down the speed of writing. It makes more sense to do this with only one letter - usually the first. This can be a flourish, making the letter extra tall, or so large, the rest of the signature is nearly inside of it.Exaggerate one letter.
- 13It's easy enough to borrow others ideas, but it is also nice to put your own flare on your signature.Create your own signature based on your creative ideas.
- 14Try to use the chisel-edged pen to make another kind of lettering.
- 15Before you extend sketching your signature, you have to consider its pros and cons. What does your signature say about you? Is it acceptable, legally? Does the design make you comfortable? Proud?Think about whether you want your signature to be legible or not.
- 16While you try different styles, you may also try to use slants and various sizes.
- 17Practice your signature until it becomes a natural action.
- 1Even when you experiment on writing letters, do it at a slow pace. It's easier to learn to go slow, but if you are already familiar with writing cursive letters, then go faster.Write slowly at first, this way, you can focus on the style of the cursive letters.
- 2The angle of your hand when writing will affect the angles of your lettering. Find a comfortable angle for your hand and remember it. This will keep your handwriting consistent.Be consistent in the letter's positioning and angles.
- 3Try to keep your pressure constant, rather than exerting more force with one letter over another. This applies to the downstrokes and upstrokes of your pen.Find a good rhythm.
- 4When you've practiced enough, your signature will become automatic. According to studies, it seems those who write in cursive, were faster in writing than those who printed.Practice regularly.
- 5If you are tired, this indicates that you should stop for a while and rest your hands. You are likely to get angry if your hand is tired.When you practice, you can take a break.
- 1Eventually, it will be better to write in complete sentences, rather than writing each of the uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- 2This also applies when you are taking notes.When you write in your diary or journal, use cursive letters.
- 3Be natural and smooth when writing cursive letters by relaxing yourself.
- 4The may have a more appealing style you can copy.Observe other's cursive writing.
- 5Ask where strokes should begin and end.Get a mentor or friend to teach you on how to write cursive letters.
Creating an Email Signature
- 1It is not just styling your name. An 'email signature' is something added to the bottom of every email you send. Most frequently, if you are in business, it contains your name, the company your work for, your title, and your contact info. If it is your personal email, it will have your name, and perhaps a quote or short catchy phrase. When applicable, Facebook/Twitter/YouTube and other social media logos are included, that contain links to personal social media sites attached to the 'email signature'.When you create an 'email signature', you are not making a signature similar to your blog or handwritten signature.
- 2You create an email signature in Microsoft Outlook. Open the 'Tools' menu, choose 'Options', click 'Mail Format'. On the dialogue box, select the 'Signatures' button. Type in your signature information. Then choose 'OK' then another 'OK' on the other box.Make an email signature in Outlook.
- 3Go your Gmail account. At the upper right side, choose the gear icon. Look for 'Settings' then click it. Choose 'Signature' portion on settings. Fill in your signature details then scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Save Changes'.To create an 'email signature' in Gmail.
- 4in Hotmail. Select the gear icon at the top left of the screen. Look for 'More Mail Settings' button and select it. Click on 'Message Font and Signature' button. Fill in the signature you want to include then click 'Save.'To create an 'email signature.
- 5Go to your Yahoo mail email.To create 'an email signature' in Yahoo Mail.
Creating Email Signature in Microsoft Word
- 1Launch Word Document.
- 2Select 'Signature Line'. Click 'Microsoft Office Signature line'.Choose 'Insert' tab.
- 3Type in the name you want to post in the first box.A 'Signature Setup' dialogue box will display.
- 4At the 2nd textbox, type in your designation or another title you want to include.
- 5This will provide the reader the information on where to reply.At the 3rd textbox, type in your email address.
- 6At the 4th textbox, fill in other information you want to include.
- 7Click 'OK'.
How to Upload Animation to a Signature
- 1Include an animated.GIF image or from avi movie.
- 2After that, the text will appear.Upload the image to photo-sharing sites like photobucket.com.
- 3If there is none do step 4. If there is, continue to step 5.Look for the URL of the website or forum.
- 4Next, go to the forum. At the settings, select 'Signature' and insert the URL.Get the URL by right clicking the picture and select "View Image".
- 5Open settings and choose Signature and insert the URL.After you get the URL of the forum, go to the website.
How to Write Cursive
- 1There is a standard set for every uppercase and lowercase cursive letters. You can refer to the styles in a handwriting textbook, in the classroom, or online.Observe the cursive letters.
- 2Learning it step by step will make it faster for you to write the entire alphabet in cursive letters.Practice every letter individually.
- 3Start with A and end with Z. And practice writing the lowercase and uppercase. Connect the letters as if the letters were one word.Write the letters in order.
- 4Practice writing short sentences and short phrases first, leading up to long sentences and song lyrics.
Creating HTML Signature in Gmail
- 1HTML signature means animated signature.
- 2Launch Gmail.
- 3Choose 'Settings.
- 4Click 'Settings' button at the drop-down menu.
- 5In the 'Signature' portion, click the box.
- 6Launch Photobucket and look for a signature image.
- 7Left click the image to enlarge it.
- 8Right-click the image then choose 'Copy Image'.
- 9Put the cursor in the box. Press Ctrl and 'V' button. This will paste the signature image. Check the box that says 'Insert this signature before quoted text'.Go back to Gmail signature.
- 10Select 'Save Changes'.
- 1Save varied animated image signatures from the Photobucket album to experiment with them on Gmail.
- 2Click 'get link code' tab and copy the HTML code. Then paste it on the Gmail signature window.If copy paste does not work, you have to press 'Share'.
- 3To Create Signature in Zimbra
- 4Choose the Preference tab.
- 5Select the Signature tab.
- 6Select Edit option.
- 7You may create several signatures.Fill in the Signature Name with the name you want to use.
- 9In the 'Using Signature' portion, identify where you would like to put your signature.
- 10Then choose Add Signature.
To Create Away Message in Zimbra
- 1When you want to make a signature indicating you on vacation or away the steps are as follows:
- 2Choose preference tab.
- 3Select Mail tab.
- 4Go to Receiving Messages.
- 5Click Send Auto-Reply Message.
- 6Type in the message you like to say.
- 7Click Start Date.
- 8Choose start far the away message.Open the calendar by clicking the arrow.
- 9Click End Date.
- 10Step 7 to 9 is optional.Open the calendar and choose end for the away message.
- 11Select Save.
Creating Signature in Outlook
- 1The signature may be your favorite quote or contact information. You may also include a picture or logo on the signature.Signature is a text that is automatically included at the bottom of the email messages you send.
- 2Photos, clips, and pictures slow down the delivery of messages, so make the file under 100 KB.
- 3Do not reveal your phone number in the signature if you don't want to get calls from strangers.
- 4You can create a signature on Signatures and Stationery on Outlook.
- 5Choose "New" and type in the name in New Signature.
- 6Type the test in the text box.
- 7Specify the font design and font size.
- 8Select a color.
- 9Then Save.
- 10After you create your signature, it will become your default signature and will be applied automatically to all your email messages.
- 11Choose 'None' in the New Messages on the Choose default signature.If you don't want to include your signature automatically to messages, go to Signature and Stationery.
- 12Even if the signature has been inserted in the message inadvertently, you can remove it by clicking Delete button.When you want to insert your signature in the message, click Signature at the Ribbon in Include group.
- 13If the recipient is using reads e-mail in Plain Text format, he will only see the text and not any font style or font colors.The recipients will differ on how their message appears.
- 14Because he may not have the font installed on his computer.The recipient may not see the font style that you incorporated.
- 15This will make the reader identify you easily. You can put a picture into your signature by clicking the Picture option. You cannot re-size the image in Edit signature but you can re-size it before you insert it in that dialogue box.You may put a picture in your signature.
- 16To hyperlink, click Hyperlink option.
- 17Since Outlook is based on Microsoft Word, their features available similar to both programs.If you are not happy with what is appearing in your Signature and Stationery box, edit the signature in the e-mail's message body, then copy paste into the Edit signature of Signatures and Stationery box.
- 18The cells will guide you with the alignment.Use a table as a support for alignment and position of the signature.
- 19You can re-size images in Outlook editor. You may rotate, crop, or change its color.Format and re-size the pictures.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
My signature is always changing every time, how to keep it stable?
My signature is always changing every time, how to keep it stable It will help a lot if you just keep your signature simple so that it will be stable. Most people just use a script version of their handwriting to make a signature. Another option is to just write your initials in a huge cursive writing. This way, it will be very natural for you to write your signature.
See more questions like this: JUST TRYING TO FIND A FREE ON LINE ANIMATED SIGNATURE MAKER?
Should I start my signature with a capital letter?
Hi, My name is Jona and I feel comfortable writing my first name in smaller letters rather than the capital 'J'. How is this going to impact my signature? Hi, Jona. There is no right or wrong way to start your signature. It's your signature, so make it unique! If you feel more comfortable using the lower-case j, then go ahead -- It won't have a negative impact on your signature at all.
How can I signature my name, please tell me?
My name is Samira Bari simran Emphasize the S for your first and last name. You can draw a line underneath your name if you wish also. The key is to practice writing it. Once you make your signature look the way you want, keep writing it until you can do it the same every time.
See more questions like this: How to make a beautiful and stylish signature to use in daily work
I want to have a signature which would be difficult to copy?
Hi, I have a relatively straightforward signature being used for a long time. Want to change it into something which may be difficult to copy. Thanks Take one of the first letters in your name and slant it differently or write in one of the first letters in script instead of cursive. In my name, I exaggerate the M with one point longer than the other. Then I loop the L in my last name through the M. It's hard to duplicate.
I am a Sri Lankan, I can't write cursive letters, I want to make a professional signature?
Name: Email: You do not have to use cursive to look professional. If you are writing with a regular script, slant the letters slightly to appear like a professional signature.
See more questions like this: I need a simple and unique signature for my name PRAVITHA. Can you write it for me?
How could I make unreadable or difficult signature?
My signature is not good, everyone could read it, help me to make a signature which will be difficult for others. To avoid forgery, you will need to secure your signature with your own creativity and imagination. As you have pointed out, illegible signatures are a big plus. Always embroider your letters with arcs, full circles, angles, and other turning points that should intersect other lines or letters as much as possible. One advice can be even writing your signature, or parts of it, in the opposite direction (right to left or counterclockwise instead of clockwise). If you feel that your hands want to do something intuitive, take a break and consider what motion would make it counter-intuitive. Start writing slowly, and the writing can be inconsistent a bit. Your goal is to write faster and consistently, but do not hurry. Take days, weeks, or months to become fluent and consistent throughout your signature copies. Ask your friends to imitate your signature. If they can reproduce the motions easily, increase the difficulty in motions and logic of creating the lines and curves.
Can you suggest me a perfect sign that suits me?
Hi, my name is Jenil.V.Savla (first name, middle name, last name respectively). I need your help with some suggestions for the same name above for signatures. Hope for a reply at yours earliest. You should do J.V. Savla. This will appear professional and unique. You can use a picture created in Paint with the J and V on top and Savla below to add in addition to your signature to emails as almost a brand logo if you wish.
How can I have a pretty signature?
I can't draw my signature as well as I like Practice makes perfect. We start writing our name at the beginning of our school years and by the end we have muddled it up with cursive. Take time to perfect your signature by writing it down several ways. Once you determine which style works best, practice it by repeatedly making that signature. Do not choose anything that will make it difficult to learn or recall. Use your normal handwriting but look for ways to make your name more legible or appear more professional.
Need an attractive signature of my name?
Mujahid Ali is my name I need an attractive and complex signature Put emphasis on the M and A of your first and last name. Over exaggerate the script so that these letters jump off the page at you.
How to create a new signature when you want to change because you are married?
I can't find the right details of how to create my own signature, my name is Gina Fe Benavides Arquilos and I want to make a new signature for Benavides to Arquilos. Please help me find a new one. Thank you Practice writing down Arquilos next to Gina Fe. Over time you will find the style that works with your first name. Remember you are virtually starting with a new name so it will take some time to get used to using instead of Benavides.
See more questions like this: Please make for my name as Style short Signature?
How can I create a fountain pen style/look with my name?
I want to be able to see how to write manually my signature, but I need ideas. I really like the fountain pen look for names and how they connect handwriting and curling/designing the letters of a name to make it be an underline/style for the signature name. I really want my name to look like an old fashioned signature that was written back in the old days with a fountain pen and I needed ideas like that on the internet, but couldn't find any that I had liked. Please help me so I can have a signature to write on handwritten documents. Learn how to write in calligraphy. This was the style that was used during the fountain pen movement. You will see there are many different styles of calligraphy so choose the one that you feel you can master efficiently.
I have three names all starting with an M?
I started drawing a while ago and I want to have a cool signature, what kind of signature can I make with all my names starting with an M? Make emphasis on each M. If you want you can sign your drawings M.M. (Last name) or just the M.M.M. Think about creating your M in Roman Numerals if you just use the M.M.M.
I want make a signature for name bhupendra?
Please tell me how I should make a perfect signature Tall B and smaller letters for the rest of your name.
See more questions like this: I want the best signature with name Praveen Gaur?
How to have a cool signature, my name is Smita Daga?
Hi my name is Smita Daga, I want to have a cool signature, could you suggest. I have heard that a signature reveals the personality of a person as well. If you could help me on that aspect as well. If you want to appear as strong then make the first and last name letters bold. If you want to appear approachable then soften the letters to be basically the same size for your signature. A professional signature is clean and legible.
Sir My name is Vinod Tiwari and I want to install my signature maker in animation. How to install it in my Gmail?
Sir My name is Vinod Tiwari and I want to install my signature maker in animation. How to install it in my Gmail. I have tried: Nothing. I think it was caused by: I don't know more about it. Upload your gif to a site like Dropbox or Photobucket or even Facebook to get an image link. Then go into Settings in your Gmail and add the link to the bottom as your signature. If you use Facebook then make sure to make that link public. Flickr is another website that you can use to upload the photo.
My name is MD Shamshad Rizvi, I want to create my signature?
Hi, could you help me to create an impressive signature by my name. Thanks Shamshad Rizvi, M.D. Sign your name in this manner which is the professional way.
I need to ask a particular philosophical question to you, my master?
I have no hands how do I sign Good one! You can see in this Youtube Video how the professional artist Joni Eareckson Tada manages to paint, draw and write using her mouth. As for sign language or ASL, there is an adaptive form called pedal for those that can't use their arms. Instead, they use their feet to sign. Also, software is becoming so advanced that now there are ways to track your eye movement in conjunction with the placement and movement of your head to speak out the word.
What should I do in improving in writing my signature and how should I learn?
I do not know how to sign my name and I want to learn how to. Can you help me? My name is Bosteya and it's very complicated for me to sign my name. I have realized learning to write my name in signature form is important to me. I want to learn how to write my signature because it's important to me to sign my documents, my child's report cards, etc. I need to learn step by step or else it will be difficult. I want to figure out what I should do to learn my signature. I just want to be able to sign documents myself. I have tried: I tried to sign my name before but it is very difficult for me and I have tried with a regular pencil, lead pencil, and a pen but I do not know where to start. I think it was caused by: The problem is the country I came from did not sign there, they use thumbprints only. VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Arts & Crafts
Recent edits by: bosteya, Jay, jqittusuk