Make a Scarecrow
Edited by Kate Supino, Shelley, Eng
How to Make a Scarecrow
- 1Stuff plastic grocery bags.Advertisement
- 2Muslin is an inexpensive fabric that dress designers use to make patterns. The main advantage to muslin is that it has a natural color that looks like skin tone. If you don't have muslin, you can substitute an old pillow case. You don't even have to sew it. Just have it out and ready to use.Gather together some muslin fabric.Advertisement
- 3Lay the fabric on a hard surface and use a black magic marker to draw a face. Don't worry if it's not too pretty. You'll be dressing it up in a minute.Decorate the face.
- 4Use two large buttons.
- 6Now you're ready to stuff the head. Stuff the pillowcase or muslin with the small ball of plastic grocery bags and secure with a rubber band at the bottom.Stuff the head.
- 7Use an old long sleeved shirt and stuff it with the large stuffing of plastic grocery bags.Stuff the shirt.
- 8Using a cardboard tube from the inside of regular gift wrapping paper, you'll make shoulders and arms for your scarecrow. Start from one sleeve and slowly maneuver the tube up the arm, behind the plastic bags, and back out through the other sleeve.Insert the shoulders.
- 10Slip the cardboard brim over the knit hat. Staple it onto the hat to secure.Add the brim to the hat.
- 11Use nails to position your scarecrow against a tree for display.Position the scarecrow.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make a Scarecrow. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_a_Scarecrow
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make a Scarecrow." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_a_Scarecrow Accessed 23 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make a Scarecrow." Accessed Jun 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_a_Scarecrow.
Categories : Gardening
Recent edits by: Shelley, Kate Supino