Make a Scarecrow
Edited by Kate Supino, Shelley, Eng
How to Make a Scarecrow
- 1Stuff plastic grocery bags.Advertisement
- 2Gather together some muslin fabric.Muslin is an inexpensive fabric that dress designers use to make patterns. The main advantage to muslin is that it has a natural color that looks like skin tone. If you don't have muslin, you can substitute an old pillow case. You don't even have to sew it. Just have it out and ready to use.Advertisement
- 3Decorate the face.Lay the fabric on a hard surface and use a black magic marker to draw a face. Don't worry if it's not too pretty. You'll be dressing it up in a minute.
- 4Use two large buttons.
- 6Stuff the head.Now you're ready to stuff the head. Stuff the pillowcase or muslin with the small ball of plastic grocery bags and secure with a rubber band at the bottom.
- 7Stuff the shirt.Use an old long sleeved shirt and stuff it with the large stuffing of plastic grocery bags.
- 8Insert the shoulders.Using a cardboard tube from the inside of regular gift wrapping paper, you'll make shoulders and arms for your scarecrow. Start from one sleeve and slowly maneuver the tube up the arm, behind the plastic bags, and back out through the other sleeve.
- 10Add the brim to the hat.Slip the cardboard brim over the knit hat. Staple it onto the hat to secure.
- 11Position the scarecrow.Use nails to position your scarecrow against a tree for display.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Gardening
Recent edits by: Shelley, Kate Supino