Make a Quick Christmas Tuna Casserole and Ham Casserole
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Lynn, Eng
With this Christmas Season, time is precious while you are on the go. Why not make a quick dinner that you feed a family all in one dish? Make a tuna or ham casserole for all to enjoy. You can even freeze some of it, reheat it, and it will still taste delicious later. Both sumptuous dishes can be eaten throughout the year when time is short, and you want a healthy, delicious meal. The tuna or ham casserole has all your pasta, meats, and veggies without preparing other dishes, and it is inexpensive. Here is how you can prepare these two quick savory meals for family and friends. Within 45 minutes, you can feed four to six people with these two wholesome recipes.
Tuna Noodle Casserole
Ingredients for this easy-to-fix and delectable meal:
- 1Cook and drain the noodles once they are al dente.8 ounces of medium or large width egg noodles from a 12-ounce package.Advertisement
- 21 regular size can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup.Advertisement
- 34 ounces of whole or two-percent milk.
- 4Albacore is suggested for the ultimate taste.2 6-ounce cans of drained tuna.
- 51 can of fried onions, or 1 cup of onion-flavored potato chip pieces, or 1 cup of buttered white bread crumbs.
- 61 cup of celery or green beans is optional.
- 71 cup of frozen sweet peas, or 1 can of baby sweet peas.
- 81 ounce of chopped pimentos, or 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- 91 ounce of melted butter.
- 10Sprinkle grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese on top as an option.
How to Prepare the Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 1Preparation will take about 20 minutes.
- 2Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with olive oil or vegetable oil.Preheat your oven at 400 degrees.
- 3If you are using bread crumbs for the topping, stir the butter and bread crumbs in a bowl.Mix the mushroom soup, peas, tuna, noodles, milk and pimento in the casserole dish.
- 4Baking will take about 25 minutes total time.
- 5This will require about 20 minutes.Set the tuna casserole dish into the oven and bake until it is bubbling slightly.
- 6Top with either cooked onions, bread crumbs, or potato chips.
- 7Cook a few more minutes until the topping is light brown.
Holiday Ham Casserole
Ingredients for your ham casserole:
- 11 large or 2 medium size sliced carrots.Advertisement
- 22 cups of potato cubes.
- 32 stalks of chopped celery.
- 42 cups of cooked ham cubes.
- 51 ounce of chopped bell pepper.
- 63 1/2 ounces of butter.
- 71 1/2 ounces of all-purpose general flour.
- 83 cups water.
- 91 ounce of chopped medium onion.
- 1012 ounces of milk.
- 111 teaspoon salt.
- 121/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 131 can of fried onions, or 1 cup of buttered white bread crumbs.
How to Prepare the Holiday Ham Casserole
- 1Place the celery, carrots, potato cubes into 3 cups of water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- 2Allow it to cook for about 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.Reduce to a medium temperature and cover the saucepan.
- 3Pour the vegetables into a colander until drained.
- 4Saute the ham, chopped onion and bell pepper in half of the butter until it is all tender.
- 5Add the sauteed mixture to the vegetables, and pour it all into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 6Keep stirring until it is a smooth consistency.Melt the other half of the butter in a saucepan, and stir in the flour.
- 7Pour the milk, salt and pepper into your butter and flour mix.
- 8Stir the mix for a couple minutes until thick.Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat.
- 9Add the Parmesan or cheddar cheese and continue stirring until it is melted.
- 10Over the top of your ham casserole, sprinkle the cooked onion or bread crumbs.Pour it evenly over the ham mixture.
- 11Check to ensure that it is thoroughly cooked. Let it cool a few minutes before serving four to six lucky people.Bake your delicious holiday ham casserole at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.Advertisement
- Each one-cup serving of this ham casserole has:
- 375 calories
- 1.20 grams of sodium
- 24 grams of carbs
- 17 grams of protein
- 2 grams of fiber
- 1 gram of cholesterol
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make a Quick Christmas Tuna Casserole and Ham Casserole. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 22, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_a_Quick_Christmas_Tuna_Casserole_and_Ham_Casserole
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make a Quick Christmas Tuna Casserole and Ham Casserole." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_a_Quick_Christmas_Tuna_Casserole_and_Ham_Casserole Accessed 22 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make a Quick Christmas Tuna Casserole and Ham Casserole." Accessed Jun 22, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_a_Quick_Christmas_Tuna_Casserole_and_Ham_Casserole.
Categories : Cooking
Recent edits by: Lynn, Jerry Rivers