Make a Quick Christmas Tuna Casserole and Ham Casserole
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Anonymous, Lynn, Eng
With this Christmas Season, time is precious while you are on the go. Why not make a quick dinner that you feed a family all in one dish? Make a tuna or ham casserole for all to enjoy. You can even freeze some of it, reheat it, and it will still taste delicious later. Both sumptuous dishes can be eaten throughout the year when time is short, and you want a healthy, delicious meal. The tuna or ham casserole has all your pasta, meats, and veggies without preparing other dishes, and it is inexpensive. Here is how you can prepare these two quick savory meals for family and friends. Within 45 minutes, you can feed four to six people with these two wholesome recipes.
Tuna Noodle Casserole
Ingredients for this easy-to-fix and delectable meal:
- 18 ounces of medium or large width egg noodles from a 12-ounce package.Cook and drain the noodles once they are al dente.Advertisement
- 21 regular size can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup.Advertisement
- 34 ounces of whole or two-percent milk.
- 42 6-ounce cans of drained tuna.Albacore is suggested for the ultimate taste.
- 51 can of fried onions, or 1 cup of onion-flavored potato chip pieces, or 1 cup of buttered white bread crumbs.
- 61 cup of celery or green beans is optional.
- 71 cup of frozen sweet peas, or 1 can of baby sweet peas.
- 81 ounce of chopped pimentos, or 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- 91 ounce of melted butter.
- 10Sprinkle grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese on top as an option.
How to Prepare the Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 1Preparation will take about 20 minutes.
- 2Preheat your oven at 400 degrees.Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with olive oil or vegetable oil.
- 3Mix the mushroom soup, peas, tuna, noodles, milk and pimento in the casserole dish.If you are using bread crumbs for the topping, stir the butter and bread crumbs in a bowl.
- 4Baking will take about 25 minutes total time.
- 5Set the tuna casserole dish into the oven and bake until it is bubbling slightly.This will require about 20 minutes.
- 6Top with either cooked onions, bread crumbs, or potato chips.
- 7Cook a few more minutes until the topping is light brown.
Holiday Ham Casserole
Ingredients for your ham casserole:
- 11 large or 2 medium size sliced carrots.Advertisement
- 22 cups of potato cubes.
- 32 stalks of chopped celery.
- 42 cups of cooked ham cubes.
- 51 ounce of chopped bell pepper.
- 63 1/2 ounces of butter.
- 71 1/2 ounces of all-purpose general flour.
- 83 cups water.
- 91 ounce of chopped medium onion.
- 1012 ounces of milk.
- 111 teaspoon salt.
- 121/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 131 can of fried onions, or 1 cup of buttered white bread crumbs.
How to Prepare the Holiday Ham Casserole
- 1Place the celery, carrots, potato cubes into 3 cups of water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce to a medium temperature and cover the saucepan.Allow it to cook for about 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- 3Pour the vegetables into a colander until drained.
- 4Saute the ham, chopped onion and bell pepper in half of the butter until it is all tender.
- 5Add the sauteed mixture to the vegetables, and pour it all into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 6Melt the other half of the butter in a saucepan, and stir in the flour.Keep stirring until it is a smooth consistency.
- 7Pour the milk, salt and pepper into your butter and flour mix.
- 8Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat.Stir the mix for a couple minutes until thick.
- 9Add the Parmesan or cheddar cheese and continue stirring until it is melted.
- 10Pour it evenly over the ham mixture.Over the top of your ham casserole, sprinkle the cooked onion or bread crumbs.
- 11Bake your delicious holiday ham casserole at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.Check to ensure that it is thoroughly cooked. Let it cool a few minutes before serving four to six lucky people.Advertisement
- Each one-cup serving of this ham casserole has:
- 375 calories
- 1.20 grams of sodium
- 24 grams of carbs
- 17 grams of protein
- 2 grams of fiber
- 1 gram of cholesterol
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Cooking
Recent edits by: Lynn, Anonymous, Jerry Rivers