Make a Meal to Feed Several People with a Pack of Sausages
Edited by Colette Cole, Alexander Avdeev, Eng
Welcome to VisiHow, everybody! Today, I am going to show you how to make a very simple and inexpensive dish that can feed up to eight people using only six sausages. It's a cayenne sausage, beans, and rice dish.
- 1The ingredients are 1 package of 6 medium or hot sausages, 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes, 1 19 oz can of red or white kidney beans, 3/4 cups of sliced mushrooms, 1/2 to 3/4 cups of chopped red peppers, 1 large diced white onion, 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic, liquid broth (bought or homemade), 1-3 teaspoons of ground roasted coriander, 1-2 teaspoons of oregano.We have to prepare the ingredients.Advertisement
- 5In this case, they are in natural casings that break down easily. If we have artificial casings on our sausages, we are going to need to remove the casings first and then break down our sausages. We can also get sausage meat without the casings, but some butchers don't do that. Sometimes, it may cost us a little more. It just depends on the butcher's set-up. It is easier to grab a pack of six sausages and break them up whenever we need them. We are going to break them up.We start to break down sausages.
- 7The sausages in this tutorial are medium Italian sausages, which are a beef-and-pork mixture. We do not recommend using pure pork sausages as breakfast sausages just because they are rather fat, and we'll not get as much flavor out of them. They do not absorb spices as well as large Italian-style sausages. We are breaking down the sausages.We can use whatever sausages we prefer, including turkey, beef-and-pork mixture, etc.
- 21What we want here is we want flavors to infuse in the rice as well. We are going to stir and fry the rice until it starts to turn golden brown. We'll notice that juices from the meat and vegetables will start to coat the rice. Jasmine rice is used in this video. Basmati rice can be used too. We have to avoid using minute (instant) rice because it gets mushy. Hard-grain rice works very well.We are going to stir the dish, as we want to fry the rice.
- 34Once the food is ready, we simply throw some green onions or chives on top of it along with Parmesan cheese before serving the dish.Advertisement
That's it! That's our simple dish for today. Thanks for watching VisiHow! If you have any questions or comments about this video, please leave them in the comment section below.
Video: Make a Meal to Feed Several People with a Pack of Sausages
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make a Meal to Feed Several People with a Pack of Sausages. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_a_Meal_to_Feed_Several_People_with_a_Pack_of_Sausages
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make a Meal to Feed Several People with a Pack of Sausages." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_a_Meal_to_Feed_Several_People_with_a_Pack_of_Sausages Accessed 30 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make a Meal to Feed Several People with a Pack of Sausages." Accessed Mar 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_a_Meal_to_Feed_Several_People_with_a_Pack_of_Sausages.
Categories : Cooking
Recent edits by: Alexander Avdeev, Colette Cole