Make a May-December Relationship Work
Edited by Maria Sharon Ubando, Lynn, Robbi, Eng
All is fair in love and war. We often hear people say age does not matter when we fall for a person, for love knows no boundaries like in the cases of May-December love affairs. While some of these types of relationships fail, there are those that succeed.
If you are in this situation right now or are planning to enter into one, you may want to read over some of the tips on how a May-December relationship can work.
How to Make the Relationship Work
- 1Listen to Your Feelings.Advertisement
- 4Don't Change or Change Your Partner.You belong to two different worlds, so you should accept that. Your interests may vary (lucky you if your partner shares the same interests as you). He listens to pop and you like the 80's music or she loves to watch tear-jerking soaps and you like UFC. Don't force your partner to like what you like, but try to like what they like and you will in return find that he or she will also show interest in your likes.
- 5Be Healthy for Your Partner.
- 6Get the Romance Accepted by Everyone.
- 7Just be happy with the decision you made and make the most of it with your chosen partner.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make a May-December Relationship Work. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_a_May-December_Relationship_Work
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make a May-December Relationship Work." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_a_May-December_Relationship_Work Accessed 24 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make a May-December Relationship Work." Accessed Mar 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_a_May-December_Relationship_Work.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Robbi, Lynn, Maria Sharon Ubando