Make a May-December Relationship Work
Edited by Maria Sharon Ubando, Lynn, Robbi, Eng and 1 other
All is fair in love and war. We often hear people say age doesn't matter when we fall in love, for love knows no boundaries. This is also true in cases of May-December love affairs. While some of these types of relationships fail, like every other type of relationship, there are those that succeed.
If you are in this kind of relationship right now, or are planning to enter into one, you may want to read over some of the tips on how a May-December relationship can work.
How to Make the Relationship Work
- 1Listen to Your Feelings.Advertisement
- 4You belong to two different worlds; just accept that. Your interests may vary (lucky you if your partner shares the same interests as you). He listens to pop and you like the 80's music or she loves to watch tear-jerking soaps and you like UFC. You love the Beatles and she refers to them as "Paul McCartney's first band". Don't force your partner to like what you like, but try to like what they like and you will in return find that he or she will also show interest in your likes.Don't Change Who You Are, or Try to Change Your Partner.
- 5Be Healthy for Your Partner.
- 6Hoping The Romance Will Be Accepted by Everyone.
- 7Just be happy with the decision you made and make the most of it with your chosen partner.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Make a May-December Relationship Work. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Make_a_May-December_Relationship_Work
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Make a May-December Relationship Work." VisiHow, visihow.com/Make_a_May-December_Relationship_Work Accessed 25 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Make a May-December Relationship Work." Accessed Jun 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Make_a_May-December_Relationship_Work.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Eng, Robbi, Lynn