Make a House for Newborn Kittens
Edited by Alexander Avdeev, Eng, Jen M
This article will demonstrate how to make a relatively small mobile house for newborn kittens. Make sure that you place the box at a warm but not overheated spot, and that it is not under any direct lamps, as the bulbs can explode sometimes when you turn them on. If you wish to vent the room, move the box to another place but never place it too high.
- 3Make an opening.Empty the box first. Measure the distance from the bottom of the box to the tip of the marker pen (or your previously measured reference length) somewhere in the middle of the narrower side of the box. This is done to ensure that kittens will not run free and that the cat does not have to jump in to get inside. The width of the opening, its height, and the distance from the bottom of the box to the opening can be of the same length. Punch all holes with a sharp object like a screwdriver and cut the opening with scissors or a knife.
- 4For safety reasons, put several layers of soft dry sheets to cover the floor of the box at least halfway to the opening.You have to ensure that there is more than one layer of cloths as kittens will be pushed into the floor if the cat decides to lie down next or even upon to them. The opening should be still high enough to prevent unwanted runaways. Place any disposable cloth or cloths the last
- 9To cover the openings, use any cardboard paper leftovers.The blankets on the house floor will push the leftovers into the walls so that the extra pieces will remain where they should be. I placed a small barrier so that kittens do not escape and, on the opposite side, covered a corner completely with a new piece of bent cardboard.
- 10Now, let us see if the cat is safe inside.It appears that the kitten cannot look over the barrier, so this is safe.Advertisement
Your cats will enjoy their new house!
Video: Make a House for Newborn Kittens
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Cats
Recent edits by: Eng, Alexander Avdeev