Make a Homemade Aloe Vera Facial Mask to Treat Acne
Edited by Anonymous, Charmed, Jan Margery Castillo, Eng and 18 others
Aloe vera is one of the many herbs or plants that offer multiple benefits. It can help improve blood circulation and digestion, and it's great for detoxification. Among other things, this plant is renowned for its excellent skin-soothing and healing properties. It's especially useful for burns, sunburns, irritation, allergies and even acne. This humble plant that's found in many people's backyards or flowerpots can be easily processed to create a simple yet effective facial mask to treat acne and soothe inflammation that causes redness."
For thousands of years, Aloe Vera has been recognized as a plant with medicinal and soothing properties. Whether it's used in traditional medicine or for aesthetic purposes, the plants has a lot to offer. It is no wonder, then, that it was called "the plant of immortality" among ancient Egyptians. Many modern day cosmetics contain Aloe Vera, making the products even more effective. Whether you want to get the full effects of the aloe plant or you just want to save some money, you can easily make your own acne treatment mask out of Aloe Vera and a few common household products. If you don't have your own aloe plant, you can substitute with store-bought 100% pure Aloe Vera gel
- 1 Try One of These Homemade Aloe Facial Masks to Treat Acne
- 2 Aloe and Vitamin E Eye Cream
- 3 Reminders Before Using Aloe Vera
- 4 Signs of Aloe Vera Allergy on Skin
- 5 Ways to Prevent Acne
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 Aloe Vera and garlic home made pimple cream for face acne?
- 6.2 What would be a substitute for lemon juice in Aloe Vera facial mask?
- 6.3 Can I put Aloe Vera gel on my face every night to clear it and make it soft?
- 6.4 Have acne with whiteheads, how can I get rid of them?
- 6.5 Face mask recipes with no lemon alternative?
- 6.6 How to reduce my eye wrinkles with Aloe Vera?
- 6.7 How to remove acne marks using homemade packs or Aloe Vera?
- 6.8 How to treat my acne and my dark spots in my face?
- 6.9 How to remove pimple from oily skin overnight?
- 6.10 How to make Aloe Vera home made mask to treat pimples?
- 6.11 For how much time I must put the Gel on my face?
- 6.12 I have an oily and acne skin. What type of masks should I make. Please explain?
- 6.13 Need suggestion for removing acne scars naturally?
- 6.14 What ingredients are best to combine to make a cream?
- 6.15 Aloe Vera and Vitamin E for glow?
- 6.16 How many uses does it take for a full use?
- 6.17 Hi.. My face has a lot of pimples.There are a lot of circles under the eyes. Mark the face. I am very upset. I am just 23 year old and my skin is badly damaged.. A month after my wedding?
- 6.18 How long do I have to wait before seeing results?
- 6.19 What does it mean to cover the all affected areas?
- 6.20 Milk to be used fresh milk or boiled milk?
- 6.21 How to make it? How often can I use it?
- 6.22 How to make it?How often can I use it?
- 7 Comments
Try One of These Homemade Aloe Facial Masks to Treat Acne
Aloe and Lemon Mask
This aloe mask features lemon juice which works as a natural skin brightener. It also helps fade dark spots and acne scars, so your skin will look much clearer after a few uses. If you don't have lemons, try limes or grapefruit.
- 1Take your Aloe Vera plant and choose a thicker stem with less white spots.These typically have the most juice.Advertisement
- 2Cut the leaf at the base of the plant with a knife.Advertisement
- 3Wash the leaf under running water.
- 4Squeeze out as much juice as possible into a bowl.
- 5Place the leaf on a chopping board and remove the cactus-like edges using a knife.
- 6Slice through the center of the aloe between the skin to separate it into two parts.
- 7Use a spoon to scrape out the aloe gel from each piece and put it in the bowl.
- 8Mash the Aloe Vera gel with two to three drops of lemon juice.It can also help preserve the mask in case you want to use the remaining mask the following day. Avoid using more lemon, or you'll experience irritation. You may also use a blender to create a paste out of the two ingredients.
- 9Apply the Aloe Vera mask on the face and neck and massage lightly, avoiding the eyes.
- 10Let it sit on your skin for 15-20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- 11Pat your skin dry with a towel and apply moisturizer.
- 12The remaining facial mask may be stored in the refrigerator for use the following day.
- 13Keep up this regimen at least three times a week to clear away and breakouts, even out the skin tone and prevent new acne from forming.
Soothing Aloe and Honey Mask
This face mask combines the anti-inflammatory benefits of aloe with the anti-microbial and moisturizing properties of honey for a powerful treatment that can soothe and calm your skin while fighting acne at the same time.
- 1Add 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel to a bowl.You can extract the gel from the aloe plant, or use a 100% pure Aloe Vera gel from the store.
- 2Add 1 tablespoon of honey to the bowl.Raw honey works the best, but regular store-bought clover honey is also suitable.
- 3Stir the ingredients with a spoon until they're well-combined.
- 4Apply this mask to your face or any other areas of the body, making sure to cover all affected areas.
- 5Leave the mask on your skin for 20 minutes.
- 6Rinse your face and/or body with warm water to remove the mask.
- 7Pat your skin dry with a towel and apply moisturizer, if desired.
Aloe, Milk and Sugar Mask
This mask soothes, moisturizes, brightens and fights acne with the additional power of sugar and milk. Sugar is a natural source of glycolic acid, which aids in cell turnover. It's also a humectant, so it helps draw in moisture. Milk has been used in skin care for thousands of years because of its soothing, moisturizing, brightening and toning properties.
- 1Combine 1/2 tablespoon milk and 1 tablespoon sugar until the latter completely dissolves.
- 2Add 2 tablespoons of freshly prepared or store-bought aloe gel.
- 3Apply the mask to your face.
- 4Leave the mask on your face for 20 minutes.
- 5Rinse off the mask with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- 6Apply a moisturizer to the skin, if desired.
Aloe and Vitamin E Eye Cream
Aloe combined with vitamin E makes an excellent natural anti-aging eye cream that helps to reduce and prevent wrinkles, and it's especially good for sensitive skin. Apply this at least once a day to reduce fine lines and soothe the delicate under-eye skin.
- 1Mix aloe gel with vitamin E.Puncture a vitamin E capsule with a pin and squeeze out the contents into a bowl with 1 tbsp. Aloe Vera gel and stir it well with a spoon.Advertisement
- 2Apply the mixture to the skin under your eyes.Lightly pat it into the skin with your ring finger. Allow it to absorb before applying makeup.
Reminders Before Using Aloe Vera
- 1Aloe vera may cause irritation to allergic or sensitive individuals.Apply a small amount of aloe gel to your skin and wait for a reaction. If it reacts, then do not attempt to use it.Advertisement
- 2Clean the Aloe Vera leaf before using or processing it.
- 3Wear gloves when cutting the aloe leaf because the area just below the skin contains aloin, which can cause irritation in people with latex allergies.
- 4Always use fresh Aloe Vera juice when making homemade beauty treatments, if available.
Signs of Aloe Vera Allergy on Skin
- burning sensation
If you are allergic to tulips, garlic or onions, your skin may react to Aloe Vera usage. It has also been found that prolonged usage of topical Aloe Vera may lead to the development of skin allergies that manifest with hives and eczema. If this occurs, wash off the aloe immediately and take an over-the-counter antihistamine.
Ways to Prevent Acne
In addition to an aloe treatment mask, there are many other things you can do to get rid of acne and prevent new breakouts. Combining more than one method increases your chances of getting clear, glowing skin.
- 1Wash your face twice daily.Use a gentle, mild cleanser. Even if your skin is oily, harsh cleansers only strip and irritate the skin, increasing redness and making any current blemishes more noticeable. Moisturize each time you wash with a non-comedogenic moisturizer designed for your skin type. Avoid harsh scrubbing. Always remove any makeup before you go to bed.
- 3Let your face breathe.Do not use makeup too often. If you have to wear makeup all the time, be sure to choose cosmetics which are non-comedogenic. If your skin is sensitive to most foundations, try a natural mineral powder help even out your skin tone without triggering breakouts. There are many formulas available for all different skin types, whether you have dry, oily or combination skin.
- 4Take advantage of spot treatments.
- 5Try a retinol cream.Retinol-based creams and lotions are ideal for the prevention of both acne and wrinkles. While over-the-counter retinol creams don't contain a huge percentage of the active ingredient like some prescription retinoids, they can work in the long term to limit the development of new acne. Retinol is a vitamin A derivative that helps stimulate collagen, increase cell turnover and exfoliate dead skin cells, which prevents clogged pores. Apply a thin layer once in the evening, and follow up with a soothing moisturizer to prevent dryness and irritation. One excellent retinol product is Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream.
- 7Wash your towels and pillowcases often.Wash the towels and washcloths that you use on your face each time you use them to avoid spreading bacteria to your face. Wash your pillowcases at least once a week.
- 9Hydrate.Drink plenty of water. Water can help flush toxins out of the body and keep the skin moisturized from the inside.Advertisement
Look better and boost your confidence with healthy, glowing and acne-free skin.
Questions and Answers
Aloe Vera and garlic home made pimple cream for face acne?
The Aloe will help to heal and seal your skin, though the garlic is only helpful if you're eating it fresh. Do not put garlic directly on your face, especially if you have very bad acne. Scientific tests done with garlic have not shown it to be helpful in fighting acne when applied to the skin. However, wild basil oil and tea tree oil do help fight acne.
When eating garlic, keep in mind that it needs to be freshly cut or crushed when you eat it to get the best benefit. Leaving it sit for a long time will cause it to lose most of it's beneficial properties. Also, remember that these are natural remedies, and they don't work instantly. In most cases you'll need to wait several days to see any real results.
See more questions like this: Can Aloe assist my daughter with her acne issues
What would be a substitute for lemon juice in Aloe Vera facial mask?
In our country, we don't have lemon plant as well so I ask for its substitute, thanks anyway
You can try substituting grapefruit or lime juice for the lemon. If you don't have access to those, try the honey and aloe or milk, sugar and aloe masks listed above.
See more questions like this: Aloe and honey mix mask. How long can it stay before getting bad?
Can I put Aloe Vera gel on my face every night to clear it and make it soft?
My face has blemishes I want to clear it, also I don't want my skin to age quickly
You can put Aloe Vera gel on your face every night to help clear and soften it. Try the aloe and honey mask listed above to clear, soften and moisturize your face then rinse it off after 20 minutes. If you want to apply a spot treatment that you leave on overnight, apply pure Aloe Vera gel just to blemishes and rinse your face in the morning.
See more questions like this: How do you scrape the Aloe Vera gel out
Have acne with whiteheads, how can I get rid of them?
I am using sonaderm cream, and ampiclox antibiotic, for ten days ago, but not improving
If you're taking antibiotics to treat your acne, realize that it can take months for your skin to show a true improvement, so take them as prescribed by your doctor without skipping doses. Try adding one of the aloe masks listed above at least three times a week in addition to your other treatments to help clear up your skin.
Face mask recipes with no lemon alternative?
I don't have any lemon but I do have Aloe Vera
Try grapefruit or lime juice instead of lemon. If you can't find those, try the honey and aloe or milk, sugar and aloe mask listed above.
How to reduce my eye wrinkles with Aloe Vera?
My eye lower side is very wrinkled, my age is 35, but I look like I'm 45 Try mixing 1 tbsp. of Aloe Vera gel with the contents of 1 vitamin E capsule until it's fully combined. Apply this under your eyes daily as an eye cream. You can also try the honey and aloe or milk, sugar and aloe masks listed above since they're moisturizing and can reduce the appearance of wrinkles when used on a regular basis.
How to remove acne marks using homemade packs or Aloe Vera?
I've had pimples for 4 years. Now I have some red marks on my face, so how can I clear them
Try the lemon and aloe mask listed above. Lemon juice can help lighten scars and brighten your skin when you apply the mask at least 3 times a week.
See more questions like this: I have acne and there marks how can I remove this?
How to treat my acne and my dark spots in my face?
I have red acne on my face and I couldn't get rid of it so please give me some idea of home made remedies so that I can cure my acne and my acne scars.
Try the honey and aloe mask or the milk, sugar and aloe mask to help calm your skin while you're experiencing acne. Between flare-ups, use the lemon aloe mask to help get rid of the scars.
See more questions like this: How to treat my pimples om my face?
How to remove pimple from oily skin overnight?
Remove pimples on oily skin for men?
Apply pure Aloe Vera gel to blemishes after cleansing your face before bed. Rinse it off in the morning.
See more questions like this: Toothpaste for pimple overnight
How to make Aloe Vera home made mask to treat pimples?
I have pimples that are only treated temporarily and they are always com back and they leaves me with dark spots. I need to get rid of them.
Try the lemon and aloe mask listed above to get rid of dark spots and scars. Apply it at least three times a week for the best results. You can also help soothe redness and acne with the honey and aloe or milk, sugar and aloe masks. Realize that acne can be triggered by many things such as hormone fluctuations, diet and a skin care regimen that doesn't suit your skin type. Try adjusting these things according to the "Ways to Prevent Acne" list above and combine them with the aloe mask treatments. If you're skin doesn't improve after a few months, consult with a dermatologist.
See more questions like this: How to cure pimples fast within a short time and fast?
For how much time I must put the Gel on my face?
Aloe vera gel. I want to know because it is too important for me
If you're making one of the masks listed above, leave it for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing. Technically, you can apply pure Aloe Vera to your face and leave it all day or overnight before washing. For people with dry skin, this can make your skin feel tight or uncomfortable, so you can add a moisturizer on top of the aloe, try using pure aloe gel as a spot treatment for blemishes and oily areas of the skin. You can also mix the aloe with vitamin E so it feels more moisturizing. Experiment to find out what feels and works best for you.
I have an oily and acne skin. What type of masks should I make. Please explain?
Face mask for oily and acne skin
Try one of the masks mentioned in the article above, such as the aloe and lemon mask. This mask is good for oily skin, as the aloe is soothing and anti-inflammatory, and the small amount of lemon juice can help exfoliate your skin, unclog pores and fade acne scars or dark spots. The honey and aloe mask is also good for acne, because honey has potent antibacterial properties.
Need suggestion for removing acne scars naturally?
I am 27 years old (married). My skin is the combination of oiliness & sensitivity, so that it has much more acne scars which left a dark spotted & dull skin. I want to have a bright & glowing skin. How can I have that type of skin naturally?
The aloe and lemon mask mentioned in the article above can help lighten your acne scars and dark spots. Use the mask a few times a week consistently for the best results. Since your skin is sensitive, do not use more than just a couple of drops of lemon juice when making the mask, as too much can cause irritation.
See more questions like this: Will this Aloe Vera mask fade acne scars
What ingredients are best to combine to make a cream?
Face has lots of marks, breakouts and dry areas.
For dry, acne-prone skin, the aloe and honey mask mentioned in the article above would be effective for your skin type. Its soothing, moisturizing and antibacterial properties could help clear your skin and remedy the dry areas.
Aloe Vera and Vitamin E for glow?
Could l use Aloe Vera and Vitamin E on whole face as an night cream?
Yes, you can combine the contents of a vitamin E capsule with Aloe Vera gel and apply it to your whole face as a night cream. It will soothe, moisturize and heal your skin without the addition of chemicals or unwanted ingredients that can cause a reaction on sensitive skin. The addition of vitamin E will add an extra layer of moisture for dry skin, and it will result in a smooth, glowing complexion.
How many uses does it take for a full use?
Does it take 10 times to have clear forehead of acne and pimples?
You'll most likely have to apply an Aloe Vera mask daily for at least a full week for noticeable benefits. Clearing acne isn't typically and overnight process--in some extreme cases, it can take weeks or even months for a treatment to take full effect. The best and most effective method of clearing up acne is combining various forms of treatment and using them on a long-term basis. Proper diet, skincare and spot treatments are the best course of action. If your acne doesn't clear up after a few weeks of making these changes, consult with a dermatologist.
Hi.. My face has a lot of pimples.There are a lot of circles under the eyes. Mark the face. I am very upset. I am just 23 year old and my skin is badly damaged.. A month after my wedding?
Hi.. My face has a lot of pimples.There are a lot of circles under the eyes. Mark the face. I am very upset. I am just 23 year old and my skin is badly damaged.. A month after my wedding
Try a mask of Aloe Vera and honey. The honey has anti microbial properties to help heal the persistent acne you are experiencing. Add a drop of tea tree oil in the palm of your hands and apply to your face before you go to sleep. The tea tree oil will also fight bacteria on your face while you sleep.
How long do I have to wait before seeing results?
How long does it take for results
With daily use of Aloe Vera, you should see results in under two weeks. The key to success is to faithfully apply the mixture daily.
What does it mean to cover the all affected areas?
Kindly clear the above meaning because if we put a mask in our face so how can we cover them
Apply the mixture until it you see no visible naked skin on your face accept for the eyes and mouth areas of your face.
Milk to be used fresh milk or boiled milk?
Milk to be used fresh milk or boiled milk. I have tried: We used boiled milk
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
How to make it? How often can I use it?
How to make it? How often can I use it? What problem can it cause for my face?. How long will it take for it to fade my pimples and scars?. I will be waiting for your fast response. I have tried: Hollywood acne mask, Benzoyl peroxide, etc. I think it was caused by: My diet!
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
How to make it?How often can I use it?
How to make it?How often can I use it?And what problem can it cause for my face?. How long will it take for it to fade my pimples and scars?. I will be waiting for your fast response. I have tried: Hollywood acne mask!Benzoyl peroxide e.tc. I think it was caused by: My diet!
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Aloe Vera Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Binishmustafa, keshavareddy, Melissa Rae