Make a Guy Notice You Without Being Pushy
Edited by Vanessa Alexandra Avisado, Eng, Lynn, Marian Raquel F. Roncesvalles and 13 others
Nice, attractive, unattached men are a hot item on the market today, and if you like a guy who falls under this category, you will find there's a lot of competition for his attention. So there you are, hoping he will notice you among all the other hopefuls who are also trying to catch his eye. You can be as assertive as the next girl, but you think a subtle approach would feel more dignified and comfortable. You are absolutely right to opt for what feels right, because catching his attention is not at all impossible, even if you don't engage in obvious tricks.
Today's dating culture tells women, in many ways, if they want something or someone, they should go for it. Women are constantly told the more assertive they are, the better their chances of getting the perfect job, buying the perfect house, and getting the perfect man. To aid in this, information technology now offers a host of ways for a woman to snag a man.
A woman in hot pursuit of a man can text him every hour on the hour. She can use e-mail to send him notes (daily, or twice daily). She can use Facebook to express her deepest desires, create one blog after another, tweet him on Twitter, and constantly send him pictures through Instagram. In short, she can either wear him down or become a nuisance.
There is a whole politically rich discourse about how far women should go when they take charge of their destinies. The bottom line, however, is that being pushy rarely works. This is not only true in the dating scene; but people everywhere dislike the proverbial salesman who puts a foot in the door to keep you from closing it. There is a very fine line between being assertive, and undesirably aggressive. So here are a few pointers on how you can make a guy notice you without being pushy.
- 1 Start from the Inside Out
- 2 Questions and Answers
- 2.1 How can I get a man's attention at work without being too pushy or obvious?
- 2.2 How to make a boy notice you without being obvious!? How to flirt subtly?
- 2.3 Have I scared off a guy I really like?
- 2.4 How can I find a balance in developing a relationship?
- 2.5 How to get a rich and handsome man to marry me?
- 2.6 How to have a serious relationship with a guy?
- 2.7 How to get him to notice I am interested in him?
- 2.8 How can I get a guy's attention even though we don't work together?
- 2.9 I'm wondering how my ex feels and if there is a chance we could get back together?
- 2.10 How to make him want to settle for me?
- 2.11 I am lonely and very sad and can't even pay men to date me?
- 3 Comments
Start from the Inside Out
- 1Believe You Are Worth Noticing.Advertisement
- 2Appreciate Your Own Looks.Advertisement
- 3Do Not Obsess About Being Beautiful.
- 4Minimize The Fake.
- 8Non-Aggressive Eye Contact.
- 15Know The Right Number.Advertisement
When all is said and done, there are plenty of things you can do to attract a man. Ultimately, however, one important thing you must never forget is to be yourself. There is nothing better or more promising than someone discovering how very likable and attractive you are. If you try to catch his attention by being something you are not, you are in for a tiresome process that you won't enjoy in the long run. Just remember to show the best of what you really are and the rest will follow.
Questions and Answers
How can I get a man's attention at work without being too pushy or obvious?
If you are a regular corporate yuppie working a 9 to 5 job, then you must know that the workplace is conducive for meeting a variety of people, as you typically spend more time in the office than at home or anywhere else. Relatively, all office workers develop relationships with colleagues and superiors - whether purely business, platonic, flirting, or perhaps the possibility of getting into a serious, committed relationship. Now, there are certain company HR rules that prohibit any romantic relationships within the corporate walls. You must think twice before pursuing a guy you like if you don't want to end up losing your job. However, if the company you work for doesn't have provisions for workplace relationships, then you can go ahead with the flirting game.
Having love interests in the workplace is quite common. It goes with the whole package of enjoying your job, working closely with others, and everything else. If you are single and have found a good catch among your colleagues, you are lucky; and if he realizes that you two could be an item, then he is even luckier. The very first thing you must note on your checklist is to make sure that he is single (not married or engaged, and does not have a girlfriend). A single, attractive, and intelligent lady does not deserve to be shortchanged. You do not have to share the man you love with another woman. Pick out a decent bachelor in the pack and you can flip the romance switch anytime you want. Here are effective tips to get a man's attention without appearing too obvious or pushy:
- Be Attractive. If you want to be a man magnet, and gain material wealth, love, happiness, and success, then you must be attractive in all aspects. First off, pay attention to your physical appearance. You must engage his senses to get him to notice you. Be visually appealing and watch your hygiene. Men love women who know how to take care of themselves. You must wear classy, neat, and sophisticated work attire in the office and express your personal style when attending corporate dinners or casual nights out with the rest of the staff. Pay attention to the little details, as men are sometimes particular with these things. When it comes to perfume or cologne, choose a scent that lingers but is not overpowering or nauseating, as this could be a turn-off. Take daily showers and look fresh every workday. If you are bit on the heavy side, then you may want to hit the gym more often and go on a low-calorie diet. These basic things can definitely get you to first base with the guy you like. It's not possible to get there if you fail to capture his attention. Remember, you do not need to be a bombshell or a supermodel to get a man's attention; you just have to believe and project beauty. He'll take the cue.
- Be Interesting. Nothing is more attractive than a woman who knows how to speak her mind. Getting a guy's attention is pretty easy for any attractive woman, but keeping him interested is another thing. Some ladies lose their luster the moment they decide to open their mouths. It's not just bad breath that can make men change their minds about you - a dull personality and lack of wit can send him running to the exit. Confidence is sexier in a woman, than any hot stilettos. Exude a charming personality by being courteous and friendly to all your co-workers, from the underlings to the upper ranks of the hierarchy. Be genuine in conversations with him and other office-mates, and he will likely want to get to know you on a deeper level.
- Be Professional. Some women focus on the teasing game and neglect their jobs in the process. This is a total no-no. Men are very result and action oriented; so it is only natural they would look for exactly the same in a partner. If you are lax and incompetent with your job, then you will not be attractive to any guy. A man loves ambition and passion in women. Intelligence is hotter than any aphrodisiac. Take on more tasks, perform better, and exceed expectations at work. A powerful and independent woman is definitely a prize catch for any male hunter.
- Be Unpredictable. Be evasive and get out of your normal routine. Do not appear to be available all the time. Appear busy and yet surprise him with coffee or something. This is where the flirting game becomes highly intense. Be generous with compliments one day and then ignore him the next day. Go out on casual group dates. Men love mazes and riddles too. If he finds you too easy, he will lose interest. Confuse and amaze him all at the same time. Play with your hair and pen while doing innocent side-glances in his direction. Mirroring or mimicking each other's movements also works. Let him realize you are fun and carefree to be with, yet responsible. A real man looking for a commitment is looking for a keeper and not a doll.
I would suggest just flirting a little with him at lunch or on breaks. The best thing you could probably do is just happen to sit near him one day and bring up some polite small talk to open him up. Just start by asking how he is, and if he likes working there. You should do this every couple days or so for a little while. Once you have gotten to the point of being "work friends" then you can start to ask about more personal things and maybe even ask for his number.
How to make a boy notice you without being obvious!? How to flirt subtly?
To make a boy notice you without being obvious or if you want to flirt subtly, you need to be confident and look smart. Boys want girls who are confident and smart. If you are his classmate or schoolmate, he will notice you if you are doing great in school. And if you are doing great in school, you can conduct some study groups. If you notice he is not good a particular subject, you can help him out if he'll agree. You can also join his circle of friends. Ask your circle of friends to join his friends so that you will have a bigger group. This way, he will not notice that you are flirting with him. And when the time comes, you will become closer, you can take the opportunity to make him notice you.
Make light eye contact occasionally, engage in small talk with him when you have the chance, and you can even give him a smile when you pass him while you are out. It's best not to go out of your way to talk to him, just talk to him when the chance comes up. Slowly introduce yourself to him and start slowly getting to know him better through small talk. Eventually you can either ask for his number and suggest you hang out, or keep flirting, and wait for him to ask you out.
Have I scared off a guy I really like?
I've just started a new job and noticed a really nice guy called Rory, on my first day of training. I slipped on some stairs and hurt myself. He asked if I was okay, then checked up on me the rest of the day, and the next day. We flirted and chatted too. Then on my first shift, I saw him afterward. We said hi, and chatted, and got on great. Now it's a week later, and we still see each other at work, but I'm normally the one who says hi. I told a girl I work with I fancy him, and I think she said something to him, because one day he couldn't stop staring and me, and then the next he blanks me. We did chat in the office and got to know each other a little more and I asked if we could swap numbers. At first he said okay, but then said he would message me with his email address but this hasn't happened yet. I saw him the other day and I said hi first. He asked me for some help on a computer and when I asked if it helped he said, No. Now I feel I've gone too far as he put his number on Facebook, and I've texted him asking if this was okay, but no reply!! Help!! I feel like I've scared him off big time. I just want him to like me and get to know me.
Play it cool for about a week and pretend not to notice him at all. He is interested but you're not letting him come after you. Perhaps even date someone else in the office for a date or two and make sure its known in the office. That will undo any damage you might have done, and then he will start thinking, "What have I done? What have I missed out on?" Then he will start showing interest again.
How can I find a balance in developing a relationship?
Here's the background story. I met this amazing guy on Tinder. He works for a company out of Canada that sends him to train in West Virginia. He came to WV in September and stayed with me while he was there for work. We really enjoyed each other's company. So the weeks following, we've been texting every day. I initiate most of the conversations because I am impatient and it stresses me out to wait. His work will send him back, but we don't know when. I want to keep the communication strong and steady. I also need to find a balance so I won't scare him away. I struggle with the whole dating game because I'm a "Go Getter" in life. Once I know what I want, I find a way to get it. It has worked in all areas of my life but relationships. I guess it's because I can't control what someone wants or if they want me. He told me he was a guy who lets girls come to him. I am 28 years old and this dating game is wearing on me. What can I do to keep him interested, and not go crazy from the dating game?
You are in an International relationship that started on Tinder. Basically, it boils down to he was looking for someone to hang out with while training and you were looking for Mr. Right. This does not mean that your relationship will not work out but you will have to let go of some control. It is hard to balance a long distance relationship when one person seems more invested than the other.
To keep him interested, plan a trip to see him in Canada. Apply for your passport if you do not have one already. Then look into flights and hotels to stay up in Canada for a week. The exchange rate is favorable on your end with the USD. You both need more time in person to get to know each other before either of you can make a determination of if this relationship has a future. A future means that there will be immigration hurdles and trust me it is not easy. At least, if you spend time together, you can see how he responds to you in person.
How to get a rich and handsome man to marry me?
I want to live comfortably and be happily married with kids, but I just don't know how to attract that right guy. I have tried: I always try to look good. I think it was caused by: I really don't know
You may not realize it, but you are probably looking in the wrong places. First off, a guy who is successful is always leery of women who are looking at the dollar signs above his head and not at him. Did you go to college and establish your own career? Marrying for money can be a very lonely existence. Being financially comfortable is nice but you might be missing Mr. Right for you because he does not tick off your income requirements.
What you should be looking for in a man is someone who values you above everything else. Since you want kids, you will want someone who appears to be selfless in their pursuit of happiness. Someone who is good with children such as their nieces and nephews. Start by making it a requirement that the person maintains a stable job and then go from there. When we set up strict requirements for a possible date, we often end up alone.
How to have a serious relationship with a guy?
Me and my special person are well acquainted, and in love with each other, but we are not in a serious 'boyfriend-girlfriend' relationship. So, I want him to notice me more, because I want us to be MORE. I really don't know how to go about it. I have tried: Trying to approach more 'serious' topics. We both exchange the regular "I love you", but we never really talk about our relationship. I think it was caused by: I just don't think we spend enough time together, unless he has feelings for someone else...
Be upfront with him and tell him that you feel it is time to make more of a commitment. You do not have to insist that you get married right away but at least ask that he define a possible future with you. If he ignores your request then you will have your answers on whether you have a future with him. This way you will not waste time dating someone who does not want the same thing out of a relationship that you do.
How to get him to notice I am interested in him?
So there's a guy I know. I see him around sometimes but it's almost always when he's working (he's an RA at my college accommodation). I have brief chats with him but that's it. How do I get him to know I'm interested in him?
Ask him out for a snack or drink. Maybe if you know some of the same people, you can suggest you all hang out with each other. This way you can get to know him better. Since he is in your dormitory building, you can try to "accidentally" run into him more often to strike up a conversation. Perhaps ask him to go with you to one of the college sports events or to one of the school activities. Look for what interests he may have and then use those to work up a conversation.
How can I get a guy's attention even though we don't work together?
I like someone I had met two weeks back but I saw him more than once. Last time we had a meeting together at my office and I want to take it further without being too sticky. I just have his number and he is in my Linkedin, but of course I can't text him over WhatsApp because I would be very awkward. Please Advice me?
You have to approach this carefully since you have a business relationship. Wait for the next time you see him in the office and invite him to coffee. Or call him over the phone and see if he would be interested in meeting with you. If you do make that call, be clear that this is personal and not professional. If you know some of the same people then ask them if he is in a relationship.
I'm wondering how my ex feels and if there is a chance we could get back together?
I split with a guy over 1 year ago (his decision). I still feel something for him and last week we had "eye contact", the type when you just know the feeling is mutual. I see him a couple of times per week (school yard with our young children) and am wondering how to go about speaking to him again. I was wondering if it was worth missing the school run when I know he will be there to see if that will get him thinking of me??. I have tried: I have not spoke to him for a few months, but have been in the same place as him a few times and have been polite, confident and chatted to others. I think it was caused by: I spoke of our problems to a friend whom then told someone who knows my ex. The information got back to him and he was not happy. I tried to text/email/call him loads to apologize but he was very distant.
This is awkward because you see him regularly when you pick up your children from school. You guys split over one year ago so if you can speak with him politely then suggest a play date with the kids. Maybe leave a note on his car when you get a chance and ask to meet for coffee. If he balks tell him that you never really got the chance to apologize properly and would like the chance to so that you can be friends if nothing else. This past relationship had issues which we often forget those issues when the relationship ends. At least if you start out as friends then you will have a chance to see if it can be something more again.
How to make him want to settle for me?
How to make the guy I love with my whole heart see that I am what he needs and start treating me like his queen. I have tried: Calling him and texting him telling him that I love him and I miss him. I think it was caused by: He is not ready to commit himself to me
If he is not ready to give you the same level of commitment back, you will just have to wait. Find out what his reasons are for not wanting to commit. Once you know what they are then you can work together on overcoming them. Perhaps he wants a more stable career first or feels that he is not financially ready. Maybe you are both young and he does not want a serious relationship. As you can see from the other questions on this page, you are not the only one in a relationship where the other person is not on the same level of commitment. Those relationships that do survive are where one person makes a compromise for the other. It might mean that you have to make those compromises, though. If you feel that this relationship has no hope of a future and that is important to you then perhaps it is time to end the relationship. It is better to be looking for the right person instead of being miserable with the wrong person.
I am lonely and very sad and can't even pay men to date me?
I am trying to find a man, but they never approach me even when I pay them. Why am I not liked by anyone? NO MEN WANT TO DATE ME! They are not attracted and it really hurts. I have tried: I have paid men. I have done plastic surgery. I have graduated college to seem successful and good wife material. I think it was caused by: I don't know, I am only very nice to men. even the homeless guy won't accept my donations.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Elmarose Ulleybag, Maria, vicky bajaj